IGNORED

Uncharted Collection

robdood

2 hours ago, df0 said:

And finished Lost Legacy. It is everything I needed Uncharted 4 to be. Distilled Uncharted goodness with new and enhanced ideas. Very few boxes to stand on, almost no levers, fun little puzzles, spectacular set pieces that felt earned. I had more fun collecting the 11 King coins than I had playing Uncharted 4. Also, compared to UC4 extremely few "Oh nO The LedGe BRokE" or "ThE BriDGe iS COllaPsInG" moments so those that did happen triggered a little reaction from me.

Lost Legacy is brilliant how it deals with the crate pushing thing pretty early on :lol:

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Enjoy! Usually the one that least favoured of the collection but TBH they are all great IMHO enjoyed playing every one. However played 1-3 on the PS3 back in the day and noticed Sony have released the remastered versions for the PS4 and a Uncharted collection. Is the collection just port of th PS3 games and different to the individual remastered releases? 

I think the collection is the remasters, it’s by BluePoint. I never did finish UC4, think I got distracted by other games, so I thought I’d replay the originals first and refresh my memory of the stories before playing UC4 and LL on PS5.

26 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

I think the collection is the remasters, it’s by BluePoint. I never did finish UC4, think I got distracted by other games, so I thought I’d replay the originals first and refresh my memory of the stories before playing UC4 and LL on PS5.

The PS4 collection is indeed the remasters @MattyP - including the trophies added in Uncharted 1 (which weren't a thing when it originally originally came out).

Excellent! Thinking of picking these up again to play through once I'm done with Ghosts of Tsushima and Horizon Zero Dawn. Just a bit confused at the prices... £12.99 per single remastered Uncharted vs all three for £15.99. 

43 minutes ago, df0 said:

Also, how good are Chloe's (Claudia Black's) facial expressions?

Indeed! This has felt the most next gen game I've played so far on the PS5! Testament to how much time was lavished on it in the first place. Certainly doesn't feel old in any way.

39 minutes ago, df0 said:

Also, how good are Chloe's (Claudia Black's) facial expressions?

She's fucking great in these games! I'm on UC3 now and have been really enjoying it, she's brilliant in every scene she's in. It's no wonder they made a game with Chloe as the lead. 

44 minutes ago, Thor said:

She's fucking great in these games! I'm on UC3 now and have been really enjoying it, she's brilliant in every scene she's in. It's no wonder they made a game with Chloe as the lead. 

In my eyes, if Naughty Dog really are done with Drake, then Chloe is the perfect way for them to continue the Uncharted franchise.

Replaying these just reiterates how great these games really are. The whole series ranks as some of the very best and most lovingly crafted games ever. 

The pacing of an adventure like UC4 is it’s biggest virtue. The whole thing is like one big long taster menu banquet shifting between calmer moments, story driven moments, environment navigation and combat situations, it’s all so good and it’s the varied flow punctuated by quieter moments that make it feel like a real adventure. 

Something like the recent and rather mediocre Guardians of the Galaxy gets this all wrong as it seems to just randomly throw similar situations at you but with far more of an impatient rhythm, like it’s scared you’ll get bored so changes things up every few minutes. It’s even got those “sliding down an incline” bits but they’re just chucked in randomly and don’t feel like memorable events like they do in UC4, which has far fewer that are far more bombastic. GOTG is a mess in comparison, and I do think they’re comparable. 

@Kevvy Metal We get it, you don't like GOTG. You're beginning to sound like Smitty in the Tomb raider thread. Shut up already. 🙄

I just finished UC3, and really enjoyed it actually, despite stealing quite liberally from The Living Daylights! All the games are great fun. It's a hell of a series and I would dearly love more, if only to see Victor "Goddamn" Sullivan again. Sully is second only to Garrus when it comes to my favourite NPCs.  :)

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

@Kevvy Metal We get it, you don't like GOTG. You're beginning to sound like Smitty in the Tomb raider thread. Shut up already. 🙄

I just finished UC3, and really enjoyed it actually, despite stealing quite liberally from The Living Daylights! All the games are great fun. It's a hell of a series and I would dearly love more, if only to see Victor "Goddamn" Sullivan again. Sully is second only to Garrus when it comes to my favourite NPCs.  :)

I posted about the bug issues with GOTG, not the actual game which I quite liked although playing UC4 straight after it made a good comparison point, one I thought was worth sharing and discussing. That’s hardly like Smitty’s continuous repeat posting about why he doesn’t like a game, getting himself more and more worked up, that’s more your sort of thing! 

Also, don’t tell me to shut up, and stop being so unbelievably rude, it’s making it more unpleasant to even post anything here. 

2 hours ago, teddymeow said:

In my eyes, if Naughty Dog really are done with Drake, then Chloe is the perfect way for them to continue the Uncharted franchise.

Yeah I agree - a full size game comparable in length to UC4 with that kind of pacing and deep story would be great for her. 

10 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I posted about the bug issues with GOTG, not the actual game which I quite liked although playing UC4 straight after it made a good comparison point

I "quite liked" Halo Infinite, but you don't see me going into other threads and bringing that in as a comparison just to stick the boot into it. Speaking of which...

15 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

That’s hardly like Smitty’s continuous repeat posting about why he doesn’t like a game, getting himself more and more worked up, that’s more your sort of thing

Nonsense, when did I last pull anything like that?

17 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Also, don’t tell me to shut up, and stop being so unbelievably rude, it’s making it more unpleasant to even post anything here. 

You have a point, I was being rude. But enough people have stopped posting on the forum, it'd be shame for more to stop, even if I disagree with them from time to time. ;)

9 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Yeah I agree - a full size game comparable in length to UC4 with that kind of pacing and deep story would be great for her.

Perhaps although I quite liked the length of the lost legacy. UC4 as good as it is does seem a bit long toward the end. Liked the intensity of TLL and keeping at this level for 20 or so hours would be tricky IMHO. Also they could perhaps get episodes out quicker if the games are around 10 or so hours perhaps rather than waiting five or so years? Don't know.... Guess we'll have wait and see where ND & Sony take the series!

UC4 works so well despite its length because it earned it, and as others have rightly said, it changes things up just enough and at just the right time to stop the game getting stale. But there's no denying the leaner style of Lost Legacy works well too. :)

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

I "quite liked" Halo Infinite, but you don't see me going into other threads and bringing that in as a comparison just to stick the boot into it. Speaking of which...

Did you read what I wrote? I drew a comparison on the pacing of UC4 vs. the pacing of GOTG and why I much preferred one over the other, it’s hardly sticking the boot in, and I absolutely thought it was a fair discussion point and an interesting one. 

Nonsense, when did I last pull anything like that?

You have done serial complaint dumping in numerous games thread over years, and we’ve even before had a reply posting to and fro on it. So many times. 

You have a point, I was being rude. But enough people have stopped posting on the forum, it'd be shame for more to stop, even if I disagree with them from time to time. ;)

It’s a bit much, and often absolutely maddening, why tag me as well? You can make your point in far better ways. 

13 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Did you read what I wrote?

Yes, you wrote this:

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Something like the recent and rather mediocre Guardians of the Galaxy

And this:

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

GOTG is a mess in comparison

You can make comparisons about another game without sticking the boot in like that. GotG is not a mediocre game (it's won awards, and not just rllmuk ones), and the game is not a mess, whether compared to UC4 or not.

And stop making shit up about me, sure I used to basically post my inner monologue when playing games. But serial complaint dumping? Shut up.

Yes, you wrote this:

And this:

You can make comparisons about another game without sticking the boot in like that. GotG is not a mediocre game (it's won awards, and not just rllmuk ones), and the game is not a mess, whether compared to UC4 or not.

And stop making shit up about me, sure I used to basically post my inner monologue when playing games. But serial complaint dumping? Shut up.

Do not reply or “@“ me ever again please, I’d also advise that you also put me on ignore. 

So what historical figures would people like to see explored in another Uncharted? Personally I'd like to see King Arthur revisited. I actually really like what Tomb Raider Legend did with that, but would love to see what Naughty Dog could come up with.

21 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yes, you wrote this:

And this:

Maybe less of the ‘shut up’s’? It’s only going to get peoples backs up. You’ll still get your point across without it.

• 1 month later...

I've replayed through Uncharted 4 and I'm about halfway through LL, and I've thoroughly enjoyed the games all over again (even though they're ridiculous). One thing that has struck me is how absolutely spectacular the lighting and environmental reflections are. Some of the latter stages of U4 and the pink neon section near the start of LL are absolutely up there with the best FX I've seen (even against Cyberpunk with the sliders kronked all the way up on PC). I'm fascinated how good it looks - as U4 is, what, 8 years old now? Very impressive - and still comfortably among the best looking games I've played so far on the PS5. 

• 1 month later...

Replaying a little of Lost Legacy tonight. It cements my opinion that Chloe is one of the great female gaming characters. Bloody love her, and Claudia Black's acting in it. 

If she doesn't appear in another Uncharted game - preferably as the lead - it would be a crying shame.

Oh, and the game looks absolutely astonishing in 60fps to boot.