rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangle

Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir

296329-AA1.jpg

:omg:

Yet another HD port, but wait! Odin Sphere is one of the most gorgeous games ever made, and Atlus and Vanillaware are bringing it to PS3, PS4 and Vita in 2016! They're promising enhanced graphics, tweaks and new bosses.

Looking at the official site, it seems an art book is also coming. :wub:

• Upvote 6

Should look stunning in 1080p. Shame no PC port - 2D games like this run easily at 4k and downscaled to 1080p look fucking incredible.

Funny this gets mentioned today. Realised this weekend that I own this on the US PSN store and downloaded it to have a blast tonight. Never put any time into it in the past

Oh wow, I've been meaning to pick this up for over a decade so this suits me fine.

This is one of those games a friend of mine owns but I never got around to trying it out so I'll probably get this one at some point I think. Will be great to try it out in HD as a first time play through.

Wait... wait... wait...

God, I'll be so happy when this will be able to replace Muramasa after a good three years of playing.

Nope, they've changed quite a lot about how it plays, including the combat. It's now closer to something like Muramasa and a lot less grindy, apparently.

• Upvote 1

Played this at Comicom yesterday and loved it. Reminded me of Guardian Heroes but more accessible. I didn't know it was once a PS2 game, it certainly doesn't feel like it when you see it in motion.

It's been out almost a week and it's getting rave reviews, with a metacritic average of 87!

I can't find any guides showing upgrade trees and all the passive and active skills. I'd like to know what's in it before committing to an early purchase. Anyone know of any?

Pity that EU have to wait till the 24th, really looking forward and at least with Remote Play I dont have to pick a version (my Vita rarely leaves the house nowdays)

26 minutes ago, bumgut said:

It's been out almost a week and it's getting rave reviews, with a metacritic average of 87!

I can't find any guides showing upgrade trees and all the passive and active skills. I'd like to know what's in it before committing to an early purchase. Anyone know of any?

Won't the old PS2 guides work for this? Or have they reworked everything?

Still not played the PS2 version I have sat on my PS3. Probably not worth picking the new one up I guess! Anyone who has played both, let us know how different they are

51 minutes ago, wev said:

Pity that EU have to wait till the 24th, really looking forward and at least with Remote Play I dont have to pick a version (my Vita rarely leaves the house nowdays)

Import?

Well yeah I could do that, but by "pity" I dont mean for myself so much. I have enough going on right now that waiting two weeks ismt really going to hurt all that much

Downloaded it yesterday on Vita and boy did I get my wish. For all intents and purposes this is Muramasa Rebirth 2. Combat has been brought in line, controls have been remodeled, seed/fruit/food management has been streamlined. It's delightful and it's Pretty. Will probably get the PS4 version for cross-save as well once that drops in price or becomes a sale-item.

That said, if Muramasa wasn't your thing, I fail to see how this will set your world alight.

I've been playing it on PS4, never got round to playing it despite owning it on PS2 but am absolutely loving it

Just started this having never played it before. Absolutely incredible art and the combat is so fluid. 

This game deserves all the praise it got, well worth sinking into over Christmas 

I've just finished it on Vita. Felt that it maybe outstayed its welcome a ltad and the combat - whilst snappy and interesting at times - got a bit samey towards the end.

On the other hand it looks absolutely unbelievable. There's new game plus and a version more true to the PS2 original thrown in just in case the 25-hour main story isn't enough. I don't think I'm going to bother with either, but the PS2 mode is really interesting; instead of your POW bar being used solely for special attacks, each standard attack you make eats a bit of that bar. When it empties your character is briefly stunned.

The updated version makes you feel powerful and agile; the old version makes you feel more like a muscular old man, who can do three of the most powerful punches known to man before needing a sit down.

Looked into this, it's still bloody expensive just about everywhere so it'll be a post Christmas purchase on PS4

You've just missed it in the Black Friday Sale - £12 on Vita, £20 on PS4, somewhere in between on PS3. Wouldn't be surprised if it was reduced at Christmas too.

Picked this up in the PS Stores Japan sale for twenty quid. Had it on PS2 for about five minutes but didn't get very far.

Had a quick go yesterday and hours later I can't put it down. Whereas I thought it was a super-slick Ghosts'n'Goblins it's actually a very deep action RPG disguised as a side scrolling beat em up.

It's kept me away from Zelda for two days and I can't think of much higher praise than that. Apparently there are several characters to master but getting on for ten hours in and still no sign, just having lots of fun levelling up my Valkyrie and unleashing hell.

Just about the most beautiful thing around too, if rather on the otaku side of anime. Well, more like bathing in Akiba otaku sweat actually.

I've missed games like this.

• Upvote 5