Games with Gold - August 2015 - MGSV Ground Zeroes, How to Survive (XB1) Metro 2033 & Last Light (360)

Hitcher

Why would they include the Legendary edition of Ryse, hence meaning they couldn't make money off the DLC?

Why would Slash Dash be included, when it only came out for actual money last week?

Why would the box art for the previous month have Xbox One on the right (see So Many Me being visible), but then the new month have Xbox One on the left?

Why would it be a camera phone screenshot of a screen showing an image in Windows image previewer?

I'm calling bullshit.

They all seem fairly unlikely. Ryse is like the Knack of GwG. Slash Dash, if it was going to be GwG, would have released on it. Catherine is in peoples minds right now because of Evo so is just wish-fulfilment, and Fallout is just there because people think it's perfectly convincing that a game like that would be made available for free to promote a forthcoming sequel, when in reality it's a stupid thing to do.

On the other hand it could all be entirely true, but at the moment it reads like a list that someone's made to "look" genuine and fucked up pretty bad.

I hope that's right about Fallout New Vegas -the DVD player on my 360 has just died and that's the only game I'll really miss if I don't replace it (everything else I still play is digital).

If it's not soon I expect they'll package it up with Fallout 4 a-la Rainbow6

What's wrong with the Metro games? I loved them on PC. Bad console ports?

Oh yeah, nothing wrong with the Metro games themselves (I haven't played them, I wouldn't know what they're like) but it would have been nice if they'd spread them out a bit and maybe included something with colours. Plus they've both been superceded by HD ports, also.

Not a massive MGS fan but looking forward to playing Ground Zeroes.

Never even heard of Storm Warning, any good?

The Metro games are great, played them on 360 and the fantastic remasters on Xb1.

bit of a meh month for me

Cant stand MGS.. unless this one is actually all gameplay and no batshit mental story stuff

Dont know the other one

MEtros? I did mean to pick them up at some point but I got a couple of FPSs to go thru at the moment so these will prop up the pile of shame.