IGNORED

Games with Gold - August 2015 - MGSV Ground Zeroes, How to Survive (XB1) Metro 2033 & Last Light (360)

Hitcher

I once spent a week painstaking kidnapping everyone in the game so that there was nobody to sound the alarm or respond to it. Then I did Jeep racing time attacks against myself.

It's a riot if you like pissing around over actually doing things.

Great month never got around to buying MGS so bonus for me.

Still getting used to getting free games with my XBLG sub :). So everything is a bonus to me coming from paying for Live and getting nothing other than a solid online gaming experience.

Just noticed my profile seem to have notched up 9 YEARS on XBL gold.... good grief... will be about right I guess having started on PGR2 on the Xbox.... time goes to quickly....

Wonder if I get any bonuses when I hit 10!!!!

Any other XBLG lifers out there? Never forget my first experiences playing online with it and how well it worked out of the box. Chatting to peeps whilst racing around was such fun... SUV's around the Edinburgh track was sublime and immense fun... great game and great times. XBL is still great.

For August...

Xbox One

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition

Xbox 360

Metro 2033

Metro Last Light

Cool month. I was THIS close to buying Ground Zeroes (just to see if I'd enjoy The Phantom Pain) in a deal I saw recently so that's great news.

Gonna go look up How to Survive now, sounds interesting.

I'm on the Xbox Preview program and I wonder could I claim Metro 2033 through the Backward Compatibility function, even though I'd probably have to wait for the game to become supported at some point in future.

Does anyone know?

You can simply claim the Metro games on the Xbox site if you don't have a 360, then they'll be available for you should they get added to the BC list at some point.

Ah that's good to know thanks, I hadn't thought of that.

How to Survive is a top down island based zombie survival, exploration thingy, looks pretty good on Youtube so I'm well chuffed this month ????

EDIT: Also thanks to the mod who moved my post to this thread, I just googled rllmuk games on gold and was taken to that other thread ????

If I was to play one of those Metro games, which one should I play?

The first is generally the best however I enjoyed both. The second has far more shooty sections which I think turned alot of people off the game.

Still getting used to getting free games with my XBLG sub :). So everything is a bonus to me coming from paying for Live and getting nothing other than a solid online gaming experience.

Just noticed my profile seem to have notched up 9 YEARS on XBL gold.... good grief... will be about right I guess having started on PGR2 on the Xbox.... time goes to quickly....

Any other XBLG lifers out there? Never forget my first experiences playing online with it and how well it worked out of the box. Chatting to peeps whilst racing around was such fun... SUV's around the Edinburgh track was sublime and immense fun... great game and great times. XBL is still great.

Eight years on Gold with my current account.

I had a previous Xbox Live account in 2004 or 2005 in the name of beenabadbunny - but when I got my 360 in 2007 I wasn't able to reactivate that account (something about not having the debit card that had been used to pay the subscription IIRC) so I had to make a new one.

I do still slightly wish I'd managed to sort it out.

Eight years on Gold with my current account.

I had a previous Xbox Live account in 2004 or 2005 in the name of beenabadbunny - but when I got my 360 in 2007 I wasn't able to reactivate that account (something about not having the debit card that had been used to pay the subscription IIRC) so I had to make a new one.

I do still slightly wish I'd managed to sort it out.

Where can I see how long I've been on Gold?

If I was to play one of those Metro games, which one should I play?

The first one 2033. It's a great game and it also leads into the second one storywise so might as well begin from the start.

That How To Survive isn't too bad at all, zombie survival game with a focus on crafting. I picked it up on the cheap on Steam (without the storm warning additions) and enjoyed it enough to complete it so it wasn't too bad at all and certainly worth it for free.

9 years for me too :) I had an OG Xbox from soon after US launch but I can't remember exactly when / why I started subscribing to Xbox Live on the 360.

Where can I see how long I've been on Gold?

Just go to the Games on Gold tab on the Bone dash, it shows it in the left hand column.

Well, I managed to delete last post, but if anyone else was wondering at what time of day the new Games With Gold titles become available, it is indeed shortly after midnight.

I've got MGS ready to go.

Only just managed to finish the last GOG (So Many Me) last week, literally do not have enough time for all these games. Was looking at picking up MGS last week though so saved a nifty tenner there! Looking forward to playing it with MGS V only a month away :)

• 3 weeks later...