English Franchise League Season 2015/16

Timmo

Come on the Owls! 

I have a ticket in the home end with the Sheff Wed fans from work. It was if Boro were to play them and I couldn't get hold of an away. I'm sure someone will use it though.

Be buzzing if they get promoted too. The city/office atmosphere will be awesome.

Even with the always-erratic nature of play-offs you'd be hard-pushed to say anyone has an advantage this year. There's been no amazing rush to the final spot, no real feeling of a team unfairly missing out on the automatic spots, no massive underdogs or anyone expecting it.

I really wish I was a neutral. It's fucking awful being involved. 

I'm mostly focusing on Eurovision this week instead. 

At the time I thought it was a straight red for a malicious tackle. Having seen the replays, I can see that it wasn't done with intent but badly timed and high.

Still think it was red though. If the appeal is to cut a ban from three matches to one I can see why.

Ended up in the same pub as Downing and Clayton on Sunday, downing was really nice coming over an shaking my dads hand could tell how much it meant to him going up, Clayton was probably the most intoxicated man I've ever set eyes on, fair play to him though he's been fantastic this season. 

13 hours ago, smithstock said:

Ha was that the Dickens? I saw the Boro Ladies team in The Southfield two weeks ago, they just got promoted as well. 

Ha no was in the Cleveland they were still going from the night before! 

Needed a third, but it was a good all round performance. I'm not convinced the result would have been any different if they hadn't suffered their injuries, although for most of those you've got to look at the manager for selecting them so I can't bring myself to hand over that much sympathy there.

I'd fancy a draw away from home, so hopefully we're going to wemberlee.

The disallowed goal was offside, but I don't think it's possible for there to be a later flag.

A linesman, yesterday:

"Ooh, looks like Forestieri is going to get on the end of that. Oh, he's taken that brilliantly and that is a great shot. Wow, that's brilliant. Celebrate that one! Surprised it wasn't offside though. Oh wait, that's my job. Arse. Should I? *waves flag*"

A lot of local media saying that Brighton focussed too much on the injustice (it wasn't) of the red card in the previous game rather than focussing on the next which they subsequently lost.

Boro had a perfectly good goal disallowed but concentrated on getting the result against Brighton the following game instead, they're just looking for excuses. 

Over the moon for Sheff Wed though, hope they can go all the way. 

Was hoping for a Derby v Sheff Wed final, but it seems that's out the window. What is it with Derby and the playoffs? It's like the Premier League is the south end of a magnet that just repels Derby away as soon as they get close.

No way should a team finishing 15 points below 3rd be going up. Feel really sorry for Brighton. Stupid playoffs. Great for the neutral, horrendous for those involved.

One of the most annoying things about Saturday was how, despite there being a load of Hull fans, we had less at the match than our previous game against Ipswich and there were gaps around. Baffling.

4 minutes ago, Timmo said:

No way should a team finishing 15 points below 3rd be going up. Feel really sorry for Brighton. Stupid playoffs. Great for the neutral, horrendous for those involved.

One of the most annoying things about Saturday was how, despite there being a load of Hull fans, we had less at the match than our previous game against Ipswich and there were gaps around. Baffling.

They played us 4 times and they didn't get a win. 

That they're clearly not a better team. We lost a lot of points through conservatism away from home, we could definitely have got closer if we'd needed to. Perhaps not quite there, but closer.

17 minutes ago, Rev said:

That they're clearly not a better team. We lost a lot of points through conservatism away from home, we could definitely have got closer if we'd needed to. Perhaps not quite there, but closer.

Good thing for Boro then that Wednesday haven't been trying.

Childishness aside, you really can't build an argument that your team is better than one that finished 15 points ahead of you, let alone "clearly" when they got 4 injuries and were missing their most important player. Playoffs are a crapshoot.

The league table doesn't lie after 46 games. It's harsh on Brighton but it's how it's been for a long time. I hope they didn't waste time and energy feeling sorry for themselves. 

I liked someone's idea that 6th should play 5th then play 4th then they play 3rd.

That would be earning it.

Owls manager on sky said Brighton didn't deserve this today but that's football. It's cruel.