IGNORED

How many console repairs/replacements have you had?

T Pot

How many consoles did you have repaired or replaced  

185 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We all know the 360 was probably the worst in terms of reliability in the early days. I remember at GAME we were getting nearly 50% back faulty at one point. Addons of warranties was dead easy, all you had to do was mention RROD. The PS3 I'm not sure of.

With the current gen, I'm not expecting mega numbers, but we did get a handfull back every month at GamesCentre. I know I'm on my second Xbox One after the drive failed in my launch unit. I've also had a controller fail on it. 360 wise, I had 7 in total over the years. Most had the RROD and one had a drive failure, I bought a slim unit on release and never had a problem with it.

I guess I was lucky with the 360, I purchased a 2nd hand console that lasted 3 years before it died on Christmas Eve, I quickly ran out to my local game & purchased a black 360 Slim & it is still working fine.

I purchased a faulty PS3 for £20 & replaced the hard drive to get it fully working it lasted until I sold it when I got the PS4.

I've been pretty lucky with my consoles, I did get the boys to unplug the PS4 yesterday & hoover the air ducts to be safe. I've only really noticed the fan noises in certain games like The Witcher 3 but being a release day console it is out of Warranty & I don't expect Asda are going to be easy to deal with for a replacement so I'll just pray to the console gods that it carries on working fine.

I've no plans to purchase an XB1 (even though Forza is very very tempting).

We all know the 360 was probably the worst in terms of reliability in the early days. I remember at GAME we were getting nearly 50% back faulty at one point. Addons of warranties was dead easy, all you had to do was mention RROD. The PS3 I'm not sure of.

You're just after numbers for breaking down, right? I've replaced my 360 three times but none of them were due to it actually dying or anything. First one had a slightly whiny fan so that went straight back, replaced that with a newer revision one, then replaced that with a slim eventually.

You're just after numbers for breaking down, right? I've replaced my 360 three times but none of them were due to it actually dying or anything. First one had a slightly whiny fan so that went straight back, replaced that with a newer revision one, then replaced that with a slim eventually.

Aye. Just repairs/replacements due to faults.

I think I had six 360s. At the time of the first one dying, the repair centre was about 10 minutes from our house. They wouldn't let us just bring it in, insisting we send it in so my dad packed it up and waited outside until a UPS or whatever delivery guy turned up with some more and handed it over to him.

After that, the rest had to go to Germany and took far longer.

No Wii option? That's the only console I had to send back due to the SD card reader not working correctly. I had purchased one on eBay for emulation purposes, and was told by Nintendo that this particular machine was still under warranty, so they fixed it no problem.

My 360 Premium failed after a few years, but was within the extended warranty period so Microsoft fixed it. I gave it to my flatmate when I moved on to a Slim model just as I was moving out, both have worked fine since. Never had any issues with the PS3 (which is second hand) or the Xbox One (which is about a month old), but I'm sure there's time.

My 360 core (remember those!? white disc tray, no HDD or memory card included, no HDMI, wired pad) still lives. It red ringed once and was sent off for repair about 5 years ago. No problems since.

faf0540ec5f8e9c5047e3bab39e77a5f_enlarge

OOPs - cock up here. Because I was thinking of failures, thought the last question was referring to the original XB which failed just before they became hard to find new on the High Street. I haven't had a failure yet with my XBO *crosses fingers and toes* but had to go through the ring-DHL-send-console-back-to-Germany routine 3 or 4 times for the 360.

Owned a launch 360 that died, got repaired and then I sold it.

Replaced it with a black "Jasper" version which was supposedly more reliable. That one died a month outside warranty. I had it in bits and got it working again, but it kept breaking every few weeks so I got fed up with it and threw it out.

Now have a 360 Slim which has been fine so far - has there been any reports of the slims dying so easily?

My Phat PS3 was fine, think I sold it here when the slim came out. Just got a PS4 last week so we'll see how that one goes... I've already started reading stuff about crappy thermal paste and overheating. You'd think they'd learn from their mistakes by now.

The games media harp on about 'entitled' gamers all the time, I'd say it's the opposite and although they may like to moan online they're actually an incredibly forgiving group all things considered. I think most other sectors if a company had released a product in the state of the original 360 (and then outright lied for a year that there was nothing wrong with it) it would have tanked that product and probably tainted the brand name beyond repair for any future iterations.

My launch day x360 rocked on with no problems till about the launch of Halo 3, then it all went wrong. It RRoD right at the beginning of 2 weeks off for xmas as well!

I then went through six!.. six! replacement 360s before selling my last one and getting the smaller "s" version.

Since then zero problems with the redesign (touch wood). The original version sure was flakey to say the least.

The only consoles I've ever had issues with are the PS3 and PS4. My PS3 had to be repaired after I'd had it for three years and then went totally tits up about a year later. The PS4 had the annoying auto-eject issue after about 8 months, which I sorted myself the first couple of times before sending it back for repair as it would start again after a couple of weeks of use.

Although I have to admit I've never owned a 360 or XBone.

Until the launch 360, the only gaming device I've ever had break is my Spectrum, when my sister accidentally pulled the kempston joystick adaptor out.

Anyway, my launch 360 died a little after 12 months, so I paid 90 quid to have it repaired. The replacement was dead on arrival, so had a third. Luckily they later extended the warranty, so received a cheque for the 90 quid. That 360 lasted well, sold it a couple of years later to move to the US and bought a Jasper model here. That one has been a work horse, running solidly for 7 years until it RRODd. Bought a slim as I assumed it beyond repair, but actually repaired it with a $12 kit from Amazon! It replaced the X frames behind the heatsinks, plus I used some arctic silver I had from PC builds.

I've had to send the PS4 back, but only because my son kicked it. Doesn't really count, but they replaced it.

My first playstation suffered the drive issue, and was replaced.

Both my original 360s died.

I had one repaired, and replaced it with an hdmi-enabled Core/Arcade (love the white tray), while I waited for it to return from Hungary(?).

When the second one died I replaced it with a 2nd-hand one off the forum.

I think I've had at least two replacement 360s, maybe three. I know I got one RRoD whilst trying to play some backwards compatibility stuff, and then there was another 360 that made weird clicking noises when a disc was in, like something had come loose inside...

Of the other consoles, the only other one I've owned is a PS4, which hasn't needed repairing or replacement yet.

4 Xbones in 4 weeks.

Unlucky for sure, but I've left it a while so might try again when Forza 6 drops.

360 dev kits were the best, we used to send a couple back each week to be replaced. I've still got one in a mac case gathering dust in the shed.