Still loving this.
The map is better than I thought once you use the pad to pan and zoom it makes more sense, but yup could have done with some more identifying items @McCoy.
One gameplay criticism, the explosives (like Crackdown) are so satisfying and work so well I barely use anything else, esp when a certain weapon unlocks..

or you just nip into a dangerous area early just to steal one..!

..but I am having fun so who gives a shit?

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Masu said:

Still loving this.
The map is better than I thought once you use the pad to pan and zoom it makes more sense, but yup could have done with some more identifying items @McCoy.
One gameplay criticism, the explosives (like Crackdown) are so satisfying and work so well I barely use anything else, esp when a certain weapon unlocks..

Hide contents

or you just nip into a dangerous area early just to steal one..!

..but I am having fun so who gives a shit?

Yeah, I have two explosives and the slime weapon for infantry. There is an argument that the explosives are overpowered but you're right, it just makes it more fun!

8 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

Does anyone else find the sound cutting out from time to time? I'm playing on a base Xbox One.

Yeah, it does. It looks like it happens when the auto-save kicks in. Might also happen when it streams in some data. 

The Xbox One OG/S is defo a creaky old thing with crappy slow memory. 

On PC I have had sound stutters through certain cut scenes, but not in the game itself.

The driving is probably the weakest part IMO, the races seem generic and often rely on stuff like objects in the corners or narrow sections where wall collisions mean you stop dead,  and two laps on some tracks is just repetitive.

But again, I found this same problem on the original Crackdown- who cares about a scooby doo van, when you can run at 30 mph and jump over buildings?

And more importantly, I may miss an orb if I am zooming around in a car!!

So if I take my level 5 agent into a new city, will all orbs, quests etc. be back to square one? That would make it a bit easier to get that last level on all abilities. I wanna be OP as hell before taking on the last bit of the game. :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Masu said:

But again, I found this same problem on the original Crackdown- who cares about a scooby doo van, when...

Ok, that’s weird. I remember thinking that the opening section of the game had a scooby-doo vibe, with the shacks, and the mist...

you know, whenever the story was set near a swamp?

12 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I'm finding the disparity between this forum and seemingly the entirety of game critics (professional or otherwise) pretty damn fascinating right now.

It all totally reminds me of The Last Jedi, a film which I'm a fan of, others are not... whatever etc. 

But the online vitriol towards it! Holy shit, it's utterly insane. 

So... that guy hasn't even played the game but created a video just going on what review sites are saying? Hey, when have review sites every been wrong? :facepalm: Surely people should make up their own minds. Yes, it's going to dissuade some people from buying it, but to create a video on youtube calling it unacceptable without playing it is idiotic.

• Empathy 1
15 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I'm finding the disparity between this forum and seemingly the entirety of game critics (professional or otherwise) pretty damn fascinating right now.

What a dick.

I certainly wouldn't call it completely unacceptable, but after playing it for several hours today I'm honestly finding it a bit dull and repetitive. It's just feels like a massive checklist of things to do, none of which are particularly fun, and most of which are very similar. I'm also surprised at how empty the city feels - despite looking very pretty it's really lacking in atmosphere.

7 minutes ago, Stanley said:

:eyebrows:

I absolutely do not think RDR2 is crap in any way though. They're very different games, with RDR2 setting out to create an immersive world then sorta dictate a very well realised Netflix TV series to you, that you play. 

CD3 is more fun in the way it just lets you cause chaos. My Hot Take was loaded you see. 

13 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Even the Donlan has joined the critical meh. The disparity between videogame journos and forum opinion has rarely been greater for a game, methinks:  https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-18-crackdown-3-review-the-series-simple-genius-remains-elusive

I thought it was a really interesting review TBH, much more than just meh, good examples of the difference between this game and the first one and many acknowledgements of how it was unfair to expect one game to replace a system in case of 360

end of the day, and I have to say it’s a joy to read all the positive comments, a first party title (a sequel at that) with a well documented history was never ever going to get an easy ride, people don’t read mediocre reviews, so there’s no point in writing one or recording one

I'm still enjoying this and am still just running around seeing what the next battle holds. I even managed to die once, taking on a battle with the wrong weapons. I am now getting major freezes, for a good few seconds. Only started earlier, but is really annoying and often enough to be a pain. Hopefully it'll get patched.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

Am I the only one is really doesn't understand how Youtube monologue videos are popular? They take so long to watch, 12 minutes for this one, but say so little. A decently written article would say a lot more and be quicker to read.  I just don't understand who has the time to sit and watch someone speak slowly, featuring unconnected footage, when it would have been much quicker to be able to simply read a transcript of what it says. It is the worst of the ways the internet has evolved. As it is, I'll never know what they are on about since I'm never going to listen to them past the 1 minute mark. This one did seem particularly shit and pointless though. 

• Upvote 9