rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
NEG

Who Will Get Your Collection?

It's a valid question worth thinking about.

In my case I'd need a friend to get in touch ASAP as the folks would have no clue what anything is worth. (to sell off on ebay or whatever)

I'd probably inform of a few select titles be sent to specific friends. Still kind of pointless, but you know.

Hey guys

WE'RE GONNA DIE :omg: :omg: :omg:

• Upvote 1

I'm going to become a heroin addict (or whatever the best drug is when we're old) once I've got nothing left to live for so my collection will get sold to finance that.

After I've finished with my current downsizing it will be left to my kids to enjoy.

I know there's quite a few collectors on rllmuk, but I've never really got the point of it. I just fire from one game to the next and rarely replay anything apart from those designed for it like Spelunky, Civ, Rocksmith, etc. I just offload my stuff to pay for my latest obsession. I've got my PS3, 360 and Wii with a handful of games for each stashed in the attic this time around though, only because it's more hassle to sell them than they are actually worth now.

• Upvote 1

I was discussing this the other day due to my nan recently dying and it got me and the wife thinking.

We went around my nan's house to sort everything else and didn't have a fucking clue if she had anything of worth. We found a few bits that might have been valuable so that the family would have little memories and some money (my nan wasn't rich in material wealth, just in the love she had for others and her family) but ultimately we could have chucked stuff that might have been important to her or of some actual wealth.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we could life for a lengthy old time surrounded by the stuff we love only for it to be callously thrown away because the people we've left behind just see it as a load of worthless rubbish that needs to be dealt with. It's currently an empty set of rooms in a home at the moment and is like she never existed.

• Upvote 2

More to the point who wants a collection of cum stained sonic cartridges and plushies?

Which sonic cartridges ?

• Upvote 1

Have no intentions of dying for another 100 years so certainly, collections welcome! ^_^

(signed copy of Wetrix would be buried with me)

I have it in my will that all gaming related items go to my nephew, I've been gaming with him for 20 years and my wife would just bin it all

• Upvote 2

Do online services allow transfer ownership of content yet? If not yet surely it'll be a discussion point in future.

I suppose so that it doesn't get abused it would only be done on proof of death. I remember a iTunes case of some sort where Apple denied a family member access years back?

I've left one of my sisters all my Sega stuff, cos she's a big Nintendo fan.

Sibling rivalry: Time Extend!

• Upvote 1

I've detailed specific instructions to melt down my excellent GameCube collection upon my final death rattle.

Can I have Bennett?

My collection will go to eBay more than likely.

I'd say the chances of most of us having any sort of videogame collection when we're old and grey is slim. As the years go buy you'll keep looking at these shelves full of plastic, realise you can make a pretty penny on ebay then spend the money on cocaine and hookers (or more likely travelling or some shit)

:) I won't care.... In the end its all just bits of plastic and silicon... Hopefully as time goes on I'll have more shared experiences online/offline and people will remember playing the games together.

Hopefully some bits and bobs will be worth something to someone so they can be swapped for some cash if needed. Otherwise hopefully a museum will exist where games are played so they can go there for people to experience and enjoy.

Actually thought about setting a gaming "play" museum up at some point for this very purpose... maybe that could be a good legacy.

I think I've given away everything I've got worth having anyway.

The only things I still had that I really loved were my collection of UK/US/JAP Wario Twisted carts. Once I posted them, I knew I was free of any sentimentality.

I think I've given away everything I've got worth having anyway.

The only things I still had that I really loved were my collection of UK/US/JAP Wario Twisted carts. Once I posted them, I knew I was free of any sentimentality.

But WarioWare Twisted was never released in the UK! You had a one-of-a-kind!