IGNORED

Call for Submissions. Game Icons: Mario

Matthew Kenyon

This is a fab idea! Having been lucky enough to get hold of the Luigi edition, it's a bit of a no-brainer to get this one to complete the dream team

Loving the 'bigger boned' nature of it too. Really hits home the iconic stature of both characters

This really needs supporting, especially as the criteria is so open to every fan

With deadline end of Sept, when are you looking at launching? Will you be able to still get hold of the Luigi bible so as to complete the set if you weren't lucky enough to pick it up previously?

Regardless of my complete lack of artistic ability (kinda wishing I still had old exercise books dull of game designs spun off whatever I was obsessed over at the time... I think SMB was one) I'd love to pick one up. If I can form my early Mario memories into a cogent format I will, but I literally can't remember not knowing how to play it. Maybe that's Miyamoto's magic World 1-1 at work; by the time I grabbed my first mushroom I already understood everything I needed to know.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

Submissions coming in fast for the Mario book — as usual I'm blown away by the things people come up with.

Re: other books. I've managed to secure the .com now after 10 years of trying. Going to get my work balance in check and get back into gp in a big way. Icon books will progress! Think I might have to offer something a bit less Nintendo next though!

• 3 weeks later...