Earth Defence Force for PS4 and Vita confirmed for Europe

SMD

• 3 months later...

PC version isn't confirmed yet sadly..

There was a 2hr stream from the publisher recently and they noted the following changes:

98 stages (presume 85 sp/co-op + 9 online only + 4 new Kaiju vs giant mech stages)

New lighting model (especially notable in the underground stages where it's VERY dark and you have a flashlight mounted to your gun to see - way more atmospheric.)

New vehicles inc wall crawling tank..

More emotes and you can now direct the npc soldiers to attack specific targets etc - either singly or (by enrolling their captain) in teams..

You can also choose voice clips that will prompt them to sing (among other things and there are also emote animations among which are ones that will make you (and your troops dance..)

A loot-based alien shooting game set over large expansive open stages, multiple classes, jet bikes, huge bosses, co-op, emotes and dancing?

It IS a low budget version of Destiny!

I think what's putting me off is that there's no game save transfer. That's a lot of content and I can't stomach completing every level, on every character and on every difficulty.

Watching that stream above was nice though, I do want this but, Urgh, too much to get into again.

yeah thats why im not rushing to get this, i couldnt face grinding up from scratch a 3rd time..import..then 360..now this one..just because its got some mech suit battle and a few extra trinkets. ive rinsed this game into the ground, id prefer if we got edf2 on vita faster.

yeah thats why im not rushing to get this, i couldnt face grinding up from scratch a 3rd time..import..then 360..now this one..just because its got some mech suit battle and a few extra trinkets. ive rinsed this game into the ground, id prefer if we got edf2 on vita faster.

Just import the physical copy, as far as I know there isn't any DLC for it (where you'd need a US account) and you could get it before xmas. Looks great.

• 1 month later...

PS4 2025 (4.1 etc..) is out in just over a week.. 12th Feb

Don't seem to be many offers on and it's full whack in most places..

However.. ricedigital are selling it with an exclusive t-shirt - which they sell separately for £15.. (the game without the shirt is £5 cheaper..)

(So you can kinda kid yourself the game is only £30!)

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/earth-defense-force-4-1-the-shadow-of-new-despair-t-shirt-ps4

earth-defense-force-4-1-t-shirt-320x320.

EDF2 for the PSVita (Port of Global Defence Force, the second PS2 EDF game) is £30b there too and also comes with the t-shirt.. same release date..

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/earth-defense-force-2-invaders-from-planet-space-t-shirt-ps-vita

T-shirt on it's own

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/earth-defense-force-edf-logo-t-shirt

£57.99 digitally. Who the fuck is that aimed at exactly?  I'm not getting the cheaper boxed copy anyway, I dont want it. I've levelled up enough edf 2025 to last a lifetime, no way am I going back for a third bite of the cherry, especially at 60 bloody quid. First Darius prices itself out of the market immediately, now this. Who are they kidding, no fan is gona pay that price, I paid less than that for my imported EDF4 on release date, and 30 quid for the 360 version on launch. Whoever is making these decisions either has some pretty amazing numbers I don't have access to, or they're an idiot.

8 hours ago, angel said:

£57.99 digitally. Who the fuck is that aimed at exactly?  I'm not getting the cheaper boxed copy anyway, I dont want it. I've levelled up enough edf 2025 to last a lifetime, no way am I going back for a third bite of the cherry, especially at 60 bloody quid. First Darius prices itself out of the market immediately, now this. Who are they kidding, no fan is gona pay that price, I paid less than that for my imported EDF4 on release date, and 30 quid for the 360 version on launch. Whoever is making these decisions either has some pretty amazing numbers I don't have access to, or they're an idiot.

Digital US version is $50(roughly £35) which seems reasonable so why are we expected to pay £57.99? And then there is all the dlc, totalling £44. The future is digital.

Some idiots must be happy to pay silly money or they wouldn't charge that much. We need to name and shame anyone who is making this kind of nonsense viable. They're ruining games in the future when we'll have to pay these absolutely ridiculous prices.

I'd like this PS4 version if it was less than £20, hopefully it won't take long.

Even more so when that's clearly just a day 1 gouging price - it's @ £49.99 on PSN now only a week later!

Disgraceful..

The 2 mission packs are at least reasonable value at £8 for 26 or 23 extra stages.. £2 for tank skins and £1.70 for single guns though?.. fuck off!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...