Elmo's Gaming Buys This Week

elmo

Well i had a little bit of money to burst this week and this is what i shelled out on.

XBOX

GTA Double Pack... SO much better than when i had this last (ps2) adding you own tracks is a fantastic touch and the games seem to run better. Driving is impoved by 10 times. Fantastic

Fifa 2004... Not really played this yet but my old man loves it... Millwall are in it you see

Counter Strike... Bit dissapointed with this. I'm not too bad at it but the graphics ar very poor and its super hard to get into a game

SSX3... Great great game... i'm and odd one loving this AND Amped both are fantastic

PS2

Manhunt.... i have had nightmares all week

GC

Metroid Prime... sweet jesus this game is something else.

God it's a nice time for elmo at the moment

Elmo, nice to see you outside the online forum, and with such a nice collection of new games too.

I love the custom soundtracks on the GTA, I put stuff like The Darkness and other cheesy rock on for GTA3 and some more classic eighties on VC. Fun.

I'm hoping to get Manhunt soon as a late chrimbo present.

sorry about the lack of info... half way through the post my boss walked in!

Yes i'm in gaming heaven at the moment. All the games have been above what i expected to be, bar Counter Strike... which still isn't bad.

GTA Double Pack... SO much better than when i had this last (ps2) adding you own tracks is a fantastic touch and the games seem to run better. Driving is impoved by 10 times. Fantastic

I found the control of the cars etc to be much easier on the Xbox pad. Much more reponsive than the PS2 analogue stick and targetting and shooting on the triggers... :huh:

SSX3... Great great game... i'm and odd one loving this AND Amped both are fantastic

My friend loves this game because he is a stunt addict and loves customising his rider. I prefer the purity of 1080 Avalanche as the snow just does not feel 'right' in this game.

My friend loves this game because he is a stunt addict and loves customising his rider. I prefer the purity of 1080 Avalanche as the snow just does not feel 'right' in this game.

You got a point there. The snow in SSX3 reminds me more of shaving cream. The original 1080 had a beautiful 'feel' for the snow. Maybe I ought to pick up Avalanche after all, even though my first impressions haven't been good.

Yes i'm in gaming heaven at the moment. All the games have been above what i expected to be, bar Counter Strike... which still isn't bad.

That lasted about a day for me. Glad you're enjoying the Prime! I'll beat the final boss someday. :o

That lasted about a day for me. Glad you're enjoying the Prime! I'll beat the final boss someday. :o

The final boss on Prime is easy.

Are you some kind of wuss?

Although I must admit, I did take advantage of the useful but unrealistic game rules to do it.... B)

The final boss on Prime is easy.

Are you some kind of wuss?

Although I must admit, I did take advantage of the useful but unrealistic game rules to do it.... B)

After the boss just before it, I just couldn't be arsed. I'm a bit of a boss-hater.

and a bit of a wuss :D