rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  

Narcos - Season 4 on 16 November

This is excellent. I expect I'll have this done and dusted before the weekend is up.

I found the last season (Mexico) good, but not quite up there with the previous seasons.

How's this one compare?

On 14/02/2020 at 18:37, NickC said:

I found the last season (Mexico) good, but not quite up there with the previous seasons.

How's this one compare?

I like it, a lot. Lots of stuff going on. 

edit: just finished it, man I hope they make a new season. The last scene was intense. 

• Upvote 1

I've watched half of season one of Mexico, and oh boy, they really...

Spoiler

teased out that entrance of Escobar. The capture at the airport, the long walk through the bar, then the wait at the water with the hippos. I almost expected a heavy fog to descend, and for Pablo to come wafting through it. :) 

6 episodes in. So good.

I think this season has been a step up from the 1st Mexico one.

• Upvote 2

I'm only 1 and a half episodes in and it's good so far but not great.

I just don't find Felix that interesting. He's nervous, unsure of himself. Hard to imagine him as the leader of all these different gangs.

4 hours ago, NickC said:

I just don't find Felix that interesting. He's nervous, unsure of himself. Hard to imagine him as the leader of all these different gangs.

Hes no Escobar thats for sure, but hes evolving. Stick with it :hat:

• Upvote 1

On 27/02/2020 at 11:58, NickC said:

I kinda like that about him. He's on this insane roller-coaster ride that he started, and there's no fucking way out. He's constantly having to out-think every other fucker, and it's eating him alive.

He's a refreshingly different character to Escobar, who always seemed so in control, even when he wasn't.

• Upvote 3

I think Felix is a great change of pace to Escobar, I don't really know who he is based on so not sure how many liberties they are taking with him but love how the pieces of the story I have heard of slot into place.

Felix doesn't seem to be getting much joy out of things

Plus just casually introducing a young henchman called Chapo

• Upvote 2

Yeah I’m really enjoying this, eking then our slowly just watched episode 6 last night. I think shits going to going to get bad real soon. 

• Upvote 1

On 29/02/2020 at 07:48, Gotters said:

I think Felix is a great change of pace to Escobar, I don't really know who he is based on so not sure how many liberties they are taking with him but love how the pieces of the story I have heard of slot into place.

He's real too. (Spoilers, obviously.)

Finished. Loved it overall.

Season end stuff...

Spoiler

A slightly odd last episode. It all went tits up very, very quickly.

I'm not sure I buy Felix having the wife and kids killed like that. Seems an odd one for him. Palma, yes, but the family?

Really hope there's a 3rd season.

On 01/03/2020 at 21:31, El Pibe said:

Season end stuff...

Hide contents

I'm not sure I buy Felix having the wife and kids killed like that. Seems an odd one for him. Palma, yes, but the family?

Some say it will be about Chapo and Amado. The last scene had me craving for more. Felix with the bad omens :ph34r:

On 01/03/2020 at 20:31, El Pibe said:

Season end stuff...

Hide contents

I looked Palma up on Wikipedia. There's some truth to the events but it was nothing to do with Felix, and Clavel was a trafficker rather than a lowly driver:

Palma splintered from the group, which was handed down to Gallardo's nephews in Tijuana, who later formed the Tijuana Cartel (also known as the Arellano Félix Organization).[5] Palma, along with a Venezuelan trafficker named Rafael Enrique Clavel, the one time boyfriend of Palma's sister Minerva Palma, began operating their own cartel.

In 1978, Palma was arrested in Arizona for drug trafficking and sentenced to 8 years in a U.S. prison. Upon his release, he discovered his wife, Guadalupe Leija Serrano, had run off with Clavel and taken her and Palma's two children.

Clavel forced Guadalupe to withdraw US$7 million from a bank account, and later decapitated her and shipped her head back to Palma. The two children, Jesús and Nataly, were taken to Venezuela and dropped off a bridge named Puente de la Concordia, on the border with Colombia.

Clavel soon afterward went to work for Gallardo in the Tijuana Cartel. In retaliation, Palma executed Gallardo's lawyer and Clavel's three children.[6]

Bloody hell.

If it keeps going towards times closer to now, it certainly has the potential be have much more very nasty events happen.