Kingdom Hearts 3

BruceBruce

That was surprisingly accurate and yet so simple.. and complex.  I understood it all.

Anyway, I think I figured out something about the Monsters Inc. World.

I believe it takes place after the events of the original film.

First take a look at this scaffolding:

BB9ZNpq.png

It's blocking the "We Scare" aspect of it, as if they intend to change it.

Now take a look at this battle scene from inside the building:

OXo5sr5.jpg

There's balloons everywhere and the walls have banners that say "Think Funny", implying it takes place after Monsters Inc, when they discover that laughter absorbs more energy than scares.

Spoiler

At the end of the film, they rebuild the door to Boo's room and Sully visits her.  I think that's exactly when the game takes place.

So yea, another original story for Kingdom Hearts 3!  Guess Pixar wants to do completely original stories for the game.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Based on the accounts of those who played it, the worlds are more open, encouraging exploration & finding hidden things, & plotwise, more of an effort has been made to balance the Disney & Final Fantasy aspects.

Exactly what I wanted. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Frozen World Confirmed!

And it appears that all of the Castle Oblivion crew are back too.  Lets hope the reasons why are compelling.

As for 

Spoiler

Aqua, I kinda saw that coming.  You could see her weakening in the 2.8 Remix game, but here's hoping that she can still be saved just like Terra, Ventus, Xion, etc.  If anyone can pull that off, it's Sora.

Pirates of the Caribbean makes a return, & it looks like Sora has taken a leaf out of Edward Kenway's book.

The worlds look more open, with more to them than in the previous games, & they also seem to have more & more detailed characters in them too, which was something that the PS2 visibly struggled with & you could see it switching between low & high detail on the character models.

The Special edition PS4 Pro is tempting... but not enough for me to jump through hoops for.  The game itself is enough.

One other note, Simba & Ariel being summons would seem to indicate that their worlds are not in the game, as that's usually the case with summons.  I won't miss Atlantica, especially as they didn't really have a story to tell about it in KH2 & just redid the first story again, but I would have liked to return to the Pride Lands.  Oh well.

Can't wait to finally get this but I am quite concerned about the non-Disney voice acting. Sora in particular sounds like a poor Anime dub.

Is it too much to hope it was just placeholder VO for the trailers*?

*Yes, yes it is.

• 7 months later...

So, 2 weeks to go ^_^

Thoroughly looking forward to this now (I am trying to get assassins creed odyssey finished) but might have to watch a couple of videos to remind me of the story thus far as it's been ages since i've played any in the series.

Who's getting it here and how many of you even fully understand the story anyways? :P

50 minutes ago, Luseth said:

So, 2 weeks to go ^_^

Thoroughly looking forward to this now (I am trying to get assassins creed odyssey finished) but might have to watch a couple of videos to remind me of the story thus far as it's been ages since i've played any in the series.

Who's getting it here and how many of you even fully understand the story anyways? :P

Just play through 1.5 &2.5 :)

The original has not aged very well, but 2 is still a very good game.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Will this come to pc? 

I doubt it will anytime soon but I would not be surprised if at some point they start porting the KH games to PC as they are pretty much finished doing it with the Final Fantasy series now aren't they?

I imagine Disney would be happy for them to in order to increase revenue streams, but I would expect it to be them working through the series first with KH3 to come much further down the road.

I've pre-ordered this for the missus' birthday which is tomorrow (and got her something to receive on the day). Neither of us have played the KH games before, but every time she's seen footage she's been excited to play it.

I'm sure she'll dig into it more, but can someone please point me to a good and not mega long roundup/overview of what she'll need to know before playing it please? I'd like to have something loaded up ready so I can just turn the TV on and tell her to watch it tomorrow.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, FozZ said:

I've pre-ordered this for the missus' birthday which is tomorrow (and got her something to receive on the day). Neither of us have played the KH games before, but every time she's seen footage she's been excited to play it.

I'm sure she'll dig into it more, but can someone please point me to a good and not mega long roundup/overview of what she'll need to know before playing it please? I'd like to have something loaded up ready so I can just turn the TV on and tell her to watch it tomorrow.

Thanks

Ooooof :lol:

This is the only short one i've found but you might still want to find one of the longer / more in depth videos that are about. Link

1 minute ago, Luseth said:

Ooooof :lol:

This is the only short one i've found but you might still want to find one of the longer / more in depth videos that are about. Link

Cheers, I just stuck a half hour one on whilst I'm working to see quite how bad things are and 5mins in..... it's fucking jibberish! It's like listening to another language where you occassionally recognise a word or name :unsure: How the hell they expect people on systems KH is new to, to cope is beyond me. 

Oh well - I think I'll just stick on the trailer with the release date at the end and leave her to investigate the back story :lol:

(and tomorrow she gets Uncharted 4 after she recently polished off the remasters of 1 to 3 and loved them)

26 minutes ago, FozZ said:

Cheers, I just stuck a half hour one on whilst I'm working to see quite how bad things are and 5mins in..... it's fucking jibberish! It's like listening to another language where you occassionally recognise a word or name :unsure: How the hell they expect people on systems KH is new to, to cope is beyond me. 

Oh well - I think I'll just stick on the trailer with the release date at the end and leave her to investigate the back story :lol:

(and tomorrow she gets Uncharted 4 after she recently polished off the remasters of 1 to 3 and loved them)

In all fairness if i'm correctly up to speed, the villain of this game is the villain of the first game and it wouldn't have mattered if the games between then and now happened or not :lol:

Probably not the ideal thread, but KH1 question — if I leave a world at a save point, do I have to trawl through it again to get back to where I was?

Struggling with a boss in Hollow Bastion (?) and could do with buggering off to grab a few potions, but don’t want to make my way back.