Pokemon Go

rgraves

11 minutes ago, John0 said:

Managed my first 10x gym rewards yesterday. Feels good but I still preferred it when level 10 fortresses were a bit less common.

Also nabbed this prize catch over the weekend:

Screenshot_20161021-195305.png

Hide contents

Screenshot_20161024-082542.png

Hydro Pump!! :omg:

Seems to be some evidence on reddit that GPS spoofing has been stopped/limited. Could explain why we are holding on to gyms more now. I've had 3 for nearly a week now, 2 of which are out of town. Normally these would have been taken within a few hours.

14 minutes ago, superstarbeejay said:

Seems to be some evidence on reddit that GPS spoofing has been stopped/limited. Could explain why we are holding on to gyms more now. I've had 3 for nearly a week now, 2 of which are out of town. Normally these would have been taken within a few hours.

It depends where you are I think, but I honestly haven't noticed much evidence of GPS spoofing around where I am (South London). I think it's far more likely to be that it's much easier to train gyms now, especially for lower level players. Seemed to happen almost straight after that update hit. But yeah there has been a big crack down on spoofers, which is great and definitely helps.

What I do like though is that it seems more balanced between the teams now. At first only Mystic could really hold onto gyms, but Valor have become a lot stronger recently (maybe as more Mystics leave the game and give up) and Instinct are making a real push. I took down a Level 10 Valor gym by work on Friday (I had help!) and now it's level 9 instinct over the weekend. Where I'm staying now all three nearby gyms are Instinct. I feel bad taking Instinct gyms but it's starting to become more necessary these days :) which is cool.

9 minutes ago, John0 said:

It depends where you are I think, but I honestly haven't noticed much evidence of GPS spoofing around where I am (South London). I think it's far more likely to be that it's much easier to train gyms now, especially for lower level players. Seemed to happen almost straight after that update hit.

What I do like though is that it seems more balanced now. At first only Mystic could really hold onto gyms, but Valor have become a lot stronger recently (maybe as more Mystics leave the game and give up) and Instinct are making a real push. I took down a Level 10 Valor gym by work on Friday (I had help!) and now it's level 9 instinct over the weekend. Where I'm staying now all three nearby gyms are Instinct. I feel bad taking Instinct gyms but it's starting to become more necessary these days :) which is cool.

Out in the sticks near me, the regularity with which gyms changed hands was bizarre. I have also stood under gyms as they are being taken when I am the only one there. I doubt it would be a big issue in the cities because there is little benefit to spoofing there whereas spoofing a gym in the middle of nowhere with poor phone signal is a much better plan. Either way, gym changes or anti-spoofing, the last patch has made a big difference to my ability to hold gyms. 2 of the 3 that I currently hold were take over by me and left at level 2 with one 1200 cp 'mon in so they aren't level 10 fortresses.

I've been stuck on late level 24 for a while now. I kinda gave up this week but got a bit of enthusiasim back when I evolved my first Ninetails (with fire blast) yesterday. I have a raft of 5K eggs and 1 10Ker. Could really do with a mechanism whereby the Pokestops still offer you eggs if all your slots are full and you can choose to switch out eggs which you're not incubating. I need more 2K eggs to increase the numbers of Pikachu and Charmander candy.

1 hour ago, _Pow_ said:

they do have a mechanism, it's call 'please buy incubators from our nice selection of IAP'

Incubators are more or less the only thing in the game I occasionally spend money on but it's all too soon before the 2k eggs fill the page back up. I tend to put the 10k and 5k eggs on to incubate as soon as I get them but wondered if a more sensible plan might be to keep incubating the 2ks straight away instead and then hang on to the 5s and 10s for a mass-walk-hatch once I have a screenful. Does either approach make any difference?

I think the only approach which makes sense to me is using the infinite for the 2ks and the paid ones for the 5 and 10ks.

But then again I've only seen 5 and 10ks over the last few weeks. I probably have about 3 - 5 incubators on the go most of the time.

If I have any 2ks, I get them out of the way with the infinite one as soon as possible. Better to cycle eggs as quickly as you can really. If I've no 2ks then I use the orange one on a 5k. And I put Eevee eggs sorry I mean 10ks in blue incubators. If I haven't had a 10k in a while I pop a 5k in a blue incubator to keep things ticking over. Blues are bought with gym rewards money now. Although that's taken a bit of a hit recently when I accidentally spent 400 coins on extra pokemon storage which I really don't need.

Halloween event incoming:

It’s Halloween season and we have a treat for you! From October 26th to November 1st, you’ll earn double the amount of Candy every time you catch, hatch and transfer Pokémon! Don’t forget your Buddy Pokémon, because they will help you earn Candy four times as fast.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/halloween2016/

They couldn't possibly increase the Drowzee spawn rate from the several per second it currently is.

I currently have 8 x 10k eggs, and just can't seem to get the 9th one to do them all in one go that I want to. A 4x walking bonus would be bloody handy!

1 hour ago, John0 said:

Exciting! Might take a trip to Green Park sometime during the window then.

I went to Green Park yesterday. It is absolutely *infested* with Charmanders.  Just wandering about aimlessly for an hour or two got me over 100 Charmander candy, and a whole load of other Pokemon besides.  Even without scanners it is well worth a visit if you are within striking distance.

4 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

I went to Green Park yesterday. It is absolutely *infested* with Charmanders.  Just wandering about aimlessly for an hour or two got me over 100 Charmander candy, and a whole load of other Pokemon besides.  Even without scanners it is well worth a visit if you are within striking distance.

60 candy for me tonight in an hour. Only gave up as it was getting too dark. 

Go Radar is working and was very good in minimising the amount of aimless wandering. 

I'll stick with Koffing as my buddy seeing as I've only ever seen two in the wild.

Bit miffed that I've just got my 100 candies needed to evolve Haunter into Gengar and now they're going to increase their spawns for Halloween. Not seen any Gengars in gyms around here so wanted to show off with mine <_<:lol: