IGNORED

Pokemon Go

rgraves

Some really interesting catch analysis over on https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/catchcalc#/

The TLDR is that a good achievable aim for the highest consistent catch rate is to go for "great" with a curve ball. Up until now I have been going for the smallest circle possible and trying to hit excellent throws which is inconsistent. The radius size for great is actually pretty big so quite easy to hit with a curve ball.

9 hours ago, Spainkiller said:

Almost at level 30, but... the game's losing me. Can't find Aerodactyl for the life of me

I caught one last night - 1200cp. Had just loaded the game to get a Pokestop when it spawned. Thought of you just after catching it (only took one Ultra Ball). 

Was back where I used to live yesterday so thought I'd check out the Pokemon Go scene there. Only 2 gyms in that town (both were occupied by Blue Team scum ;)) but one of those was the church next to where I used to live. if I still lived in that flat I'd be able to reach that gym and a Pokestop without even leaving the flat.

Then travelled along to the town I went to school in, was pleased to see it was a team Red dominated town. Levelled one gym up to level 4 to put in a 'mon and then managed to get into a few more to:

5WfM4l6.jpg

The most I've managed at once and they were all still there this morning for my reward money - Arcanine has since been defeated though. 

It was over there I caught that Aerodactyl too. 

How do you purposely get nice/great/excellent?

unless you mean great ball.

Posted a link about it earlier but if you can't be arsed to look then: when you hit the pokemon inside the circle you get either a nice, great or excellent depending on the radius of the circle when you hit inside of it. The 'great' size starts about a third of the radius in so is fairly easy to hit with a curve ball.

Looks like tracking might be coming back in game. But will it be the same as before (the paw prints showing how far away something is) or will it be more focused (cheaty) like fast poke map and just show you what street they're on?

The one trialled in the us indicates which pokestop the pokemon are near and therefore useless if you aren't surrounded by pokestops.

The gym by my place has been held for weeks now, I fancy taking it down, what's my best approach in terms of 'mon selection for defeating this lot:-

Starmie
Vaporeon
Lapras
Arcanine
Snorlax
Arcanine
Dragonite
Dragonite
Dragonite
Dragonite

Deagonites range from 2700-3100 could take a while!

6 hours ago, mrpranny said:

Whenever i go walk for more than around half an hour the app just disconnects and refuses to log me back in for an hour or so. Sometimes for hours and hours and hours. Is this a common problem?

Not that I am aware of, no.

9 hours ago, Cheeko said:

The gym by my place has been held for weeks now, I fancy taking it down, what's my best approach in terms of 'mon selection for defeating this lot:-

Starmie
Vaporeon
Lapras
Arcanine
Snorlax
Arcanine
Dragonite
Dragonite
Dragonite
Dragonite

Deagonites range from 2700-3100 could take a while!

A couple of good vileplume, jolteon or venosaurs for the water mons then a starmie, vapes or preferably a high level dewgong or 2 for the dragonites.

Parked up at one of my usual morning Gym stop-offs today and noticed another car nearby and the Gym being captured for a rival team. Obviously tried to snipe it but got a message when it was empty to say that priority goes to the person who has just battled the gym. That must be new and I have to say is a welcome and fair feature, just meant I had to wait a few minutes for the other car to drive off 8-)

Got to say that the balance of the game seems way out of whack at the moment.  There are so many Pokemon around now, my phone is buzzing constantly, but Pokestops are giving out so few Pokeballs that I'm having to ignore most of them.  Apart from the rare occasions when one of the few Pokemon I can actually use pops up, I'm basically just catching Pidgeys because they're the quickest to evolve.  And the fact you can't reliably pick up Pokestops as a passenger in a moving vehicle any more has really hampered by ability to stock up.  This lunchtime I went for a walk, passed 4 Pokestops, got a tiny number of Pokeballs and used them all up catching a single Pidgey.  That's all the fun I'm going to get from the game today.

I guess a certain ennui is inevitable as people get down to the last few Pokemon they need, but it was so much better even last week when they doubled the handouts from Pokestops.  That seemed like a sensible reaction to the fact that it's getting colder, people won't want to walk around so much, etc.  But this week we're back to meagre payouts and there's very little fun to be had.

3 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Got to say that the balance of the game seems way out of whack at the moment.  There are so many Pokemon around now, my phone is buzzing constantly, but Pokestops are giving out so few Pokeballs that I'm having to ignore most of them.  Apart from the rare occasions when one of the few Pokemon I can actually use pops up, I'm basically just catching Pidgeys because they're the quickest to evolve.  And the fact you can't reliably pick up Pokestops as a passenger in a moving vehicle any more has really hampered by ability to stock up.  This lunchtime I went for a walk, passed 4 Pokestops, got a tiny number of Pokeballs and used them all up catching a single Pidgey.  That's all the fun I'm going to get from the game today.

I guess a certain ennui is inevitable as people get down to the last few Pokemon they need, but it was so much better even last week when they doubled the handouts from Pokestops.  That seemed like a sensible reaction to the fact that it's getting colder, people won't want to walk around so much, etc.  But this week we're back to meagre payouts and there's very little fun to be had.

Yep, I am now ignoring 90%+ of Pokemon which is a shame. I'm not really bothered by levelling now so am only picking up the ones that I need to evolve and the ones that I need for the candy to power up.

d30336537e09aab3e1fc01f305e10259.jpg

Just did a mass evolve and these were the most interesting ones that came out. Unfortunately most don't have good movesets but the golem and charmaeleon are new to my pokedex. My first proper victreebell, nidoqueen, ivysaur and dragonair too. Loving the 1400 cp pidgeot with perfect moveset, I'll be using that one for attacking gyms.

6 hours ago, GameplayJenny said:

I got 21 items from my first Pokestop today. I almost openly wept in the middle of the street.

That is a streak reward for 7 days. I would have liked to have received an incubator instead of more pokeballs & potions.

Getting so many poke balls at the moment. Every stop is giving 5 or more. Can't use them up quick enough and am clearing my bag out twice a day. Almost every Pokemon I catch only needs one now - I assume they've made catching more likely recently?

36 minutes ago, deKay said:

Getting so many poke balls at the moment. Every stop is giving 5 or more. Can't use them up quick enough and am clearing my bag out twice a day. Almost every Pokemon I catch only needs one now - I assume they've made catching more likely recently?

deKay I could swear you are talking about a totally different game to the rest of us sometimes.

It's been literally all pidgeys, spearows and ratattas around here for the last two or three days. Not a sniff of anything different. It's so weird. But at least I got my pokestop 7 day streak. Still don't get why my pokemon catch streak and pokestop streak are out of sync as there isn't a day when I don't catch one pokemon and visit one pokestop.

Was in Euston overnight last week which is actually a pretty good place for Oddish if you need them.