Pokemon Go

rgraves

14 minutes ago, John0 said:

deKay I could swear you are talking about a totally different game to the rest of us sometimes.

Yep, pretty much everything in that sentence is different to my current experience. Lots of poke balls? Nope, far more pokemon than poke balls, maybe get 1 or 2 average per stop. Almost every pokemon I find is highish level. A 400 cp pidgey, good luck catching that consistently with one ball. Even with my improved strategy it is still nowhere near 1 ball per pokemon. They have catching slightly easier recently with the medal system but not by that much.

Agree, other than the daily bonus pokestop it's been meagre rewards. Not sure what the deal is with Mr Mime though, seeing at least one a day at the moment and other than the initial novelty factor, he's a bit useless - generally needs more balls to catch than I have spare to waste.

And done.  142 in the dex!  Spent last night walking around Hesketh Park in Southport in the dark with a head torch on.  After about 45 mins I'd caught enough Omanytes to get the Omastar.  I should hit level 30 today as I've only got about 54000 XP to go and I've got around 60 Pokémon to evolve with a lucky egg.  A level 30 stats post like @John0did will follow tomorrow.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Getting so many poke balls at the moment. Every stop is giving 5 or more. Can't use them up quick enough and am clearing my bag out twice a day. Almost every Pokemon I catch only needs one now - I assume they've made catching more likely recently?

I guess it depends what level you're at for the catching easiness.  I'm level 29 and it's a struggle to catch Pidgeys and Weedles etc.  Pokéstops are on average only giving me 1 or 2 balls at best and only 3 items in total.  I'm sure it was better before they gave us the bonus stop thing last week?

I would say that before the November event and this streak thing, I'm sure Pokestops were only giving out 3 - 4 items until you hit your 10th one of the day when it gave out more. But maybe I'm mis-remembering or the stops are typically just a bit mean around here.

27 minutes ago, Onze said:

I guess it depends what level you're at for the catching easiness.  I'm level 29 and it's a struggle to catch Pidgeys and Weedles etc.  Pokéstops are on average only giving me 1 or 2 balls at best and only 3 items in total.  I'm sure it was better before they gave us the bonus stop thing last week?

26 minutes ago, DirkCrisis said:

I would say that before the November event and this streak thing, I'm sure Pokestops were only giving out 3 - 4 items until you hit your 10th one of the day when it gave out more. But maybe I'm mis-remembering or the stops are typically just a bit mean around here.

I think the double items from stops event has warped out minds a little bit. I agree it feels like we're getting fewer items now, but a quick browse on Silph Road and, like Dirk says, the consensus seems to be that that it's around 3.4 items per stop on average both before and after the event.

Things like this where we forget how things used to be only 2 or 3 weeks ago make me really worry about our collective long and medium term memories as a race and our reliance on computers to remember things for us. It's probably why right wing politicians can say such horrendous things on the campaign trail because they know we'll all forget about it in a week or two.

Sorry, bit of politics. Mrs Thatch etc. 

Stops seem to giving out the same number of items imo.  I missed the Nov event as my phone is just back from being away 2 weeks for Sony to repair it.  Prior to yesterday, the last time I played was Halloween.  I'm shocked by the number of Pokemon around, and disappointed at the lack of balls as I only pass a single pokestop on my walk into work :(

Something odd is going on with the pokestops. On 2 occasions during my lunch walk I got about 10 items. This used to happen if you got 10 different stops within 10 minutes (IIRC) but the time must have increased or is now unlimited as there is no way I was getting 10 stops within that kind of time. The rest were standard 3 or 4 item spins.

44 minutes ago, superstarbeejay said:

Something odd is going on with the pokestops. On 2 occasions during my lunch walk I got about 10 items. This used to happen if you got 10 different stops within 10 minutes (IIRC) but the time must have increased or is now unlimited as there is no way I was getting 10 stops within that kind of time. The rest were standard 3 or 4 item spins.

It's 30 mins.

8 hours ago, DirkCrisis said:

It's been literally all pidgeys, spearows and ratattas around here for the last two or three days. Not a sniff of anything different. It's so weird. But at least I got my pokestop 7 day streak. Still don't get why my pokemon catch streak and pokestop streak are out of sync as there isn't a day when I don't catch one pokemon and visit one pokestop.

Was in Euston overnight last week which is actually a pretty good place for Oddish if you need them.

King's Cross has a load of stops and spawns too. Round the front you'll see a lot of Staryu

7 pokeballs used just now to catch a 525cp Pidgeotto. All curve throws with great!

Appreciate getting the extra pokeballs from the daily streak but really wish that if you have thrown a great ball the game should give you a better chance to capture the pokemon.

Congrats Onze! :hat:

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

7 pokeballs used just now to catch a 525cp Pidgeotto. All curve throws with great!

Just ignore Pidgeots and Pidgeottos. Definitely not worth it. Same goes for Raticates, Fearows, Hypnos, etc etc

2 hours ago, John0 said:

Just ignore Pidgeots and Pidgeottos. Definitely not worth it. Same goes for Raticates, Fearows, Hypnos, etc etc

Thanks.

500000 XP for level 31!  That's one quarter of my entire XP to date.  :blink:  Only 450000 to go!

36 minutes ago, Onze said:

Thanks.

500000 XP for level 31!  That's one quarter of my entire XP to date.  :blink:  Only 450000 to go!

Ha. Yeah I had the same thought. Just eased off and decided not to worry about it, there's no rush from this point. However I did use up a lucky egg, and it does keeps ticking over. I'm halfway through already and it's only been a couple of weeks I think. If you ignore it it goes a bit faster than you think :).

I just caught my first ??? Cp pokemon. I say I but it was my daughters account. A few seconds before I caught it (a 1500cp clefable) then used the tablet for my daughter's account. She just hit level 20 giving me ultra balls. Caught it 2nd attempt with a ultra+rasp+curve+great. Turns out it was about 1250 cp and now her highest cp by quite a big amount.

19 minutes ago, DirkCrisis said:

I seem to be going through a phase where all the commons are 200 - 450CP and massively difficult to catch. With any luck, that cycle will end soon.

No, it doesn't end. Obviously there are a few lower cps thrown in occasionally but the average pidgey cp I see is now about 300-350 and I'm only level 26.

Yeah I'm level 25 and seeing the same thing. This week has just been particularly annoying and this morning, trying to get SOMETHING to earn my daily catch bonus was excruciating. The first 6 pokemon ran after the first ball toss. Think I'm just having a bad poke-week.

Seems pretty evenly distributed between 10 CP and 550 CP (at level 30) to me. I'd be surprised if it actually skewed to higher levels. I've started ignoring various types of pokemon at certain CPs until ball usage stablises a bit. It's just a balancing act really. Though it's not as fun as having basically infinite balls due to commuting past loads of stops every day admittedly.

Yeah you do definitely go through lucky and unlucky stages though. A 50 CP Rattata broke out of two normal balls for me yesterday, one a spinning great throw.

7 hours ago, John0 said:

Yep I know, working from home today so thought I will just catch my daily pokemon & many pokeballs later....