Pokemon Go

rgraves

3 hours ago, John0 said:

Seems pretty evenly distributed between 10 CP and 550 CP (at level 30) to me. I'd be surprised if it actually skewed to higher levels. I've started ignoring various types of pokemon at certain CPs until ball usage stablises a bit. It's just a balancing act really. Though it's not as fun as having basically infinite balls due to commuting past loads of stops every day admittedly.

Yeah you do definitely go through lucky and unlucky stages though. A 50 CP Rattata broke out of two normal balls for me yesterday, one a spinning great throw.

There are some stats somewhere, I think it is fairly even distribution but that still means that average is over 250 and an unlucky run can be 300+ average easily.

When I woke up this morning I still had 13 minutes to wait before being able to claim my gym rewards. Went back to sleep, woke up and claimed them. Only I didn't, what actually happened is I went back to sleep, dreamt I claimed, woke up and got on with my day. Only just realised this now. Fortunately my Pokemon were still in the gym so I've claimed the reward now but it's skewed up my claiming time now <_<

Cities are a totally different experience to rural areas right now. There are loads of pokemon just like rural areas but also loads of pokestops to keep refilling the bag. Started the day conserving balls like normal, an hour later I was flinging balls all over the place and even binning them due to a constantly full bag.

Got a fourth Hitmonchan out of my 10K egg yesterday. Boo! Where's my Lapras?

On the plus side, my Arcanine has been in a gym for over 24 hours which is a record as, being in a city, most of my stuff lasts about 15 minutes before getting kicked out.

Is it quadruple XP if a Lucky Egg is used? 

Gutted that both my Gym 'mon have returned today. Wigglytuff was away since Friday. Victreebel was coming up to 3 weeks this time. 

Going to have to brave the harsh November weather tomorrow to try and get back in some gyms. 

Just checked my Pokemon to see which are still on gyms and thought I'd signed in to someone else's account! 

Looks like a lot of my strong water based Pokémon have got even stronger. Not sure what to make of this in the long run for battling but it makes for good reading in the short term.

Does rather amaze / concern just how much of the game is under the control of others though.

Pleased to see my new Gyarados has got a great boost, and my Jolteon is now awesome! Kingler seems to have got the biggest increase. Sloshy and Slushy the Vaporeon twins are my best Pokemon now though.

Kingler boost is nuts. I now have 3 over 1500 cp.

Got my first over 2000cp 'mon now thanks to this - Flareon.

Good to see boosts to other 'mon. Most noticeable being Rhydon, Machamp, Alakazam, Gyarados, Jynx, Kinglers and Aerodactyl. 

My 1800cp beastly Victreebel is only 1670cp now though. :(

13 hours ago, John0 said:

Check your pokemon everyone. CP calculation changes. Nothing's been made stronger or weaker, as I understand it. Just the way CP is calculated has changed.

I was totally wrong on this. Base stats have changed! I think the main change is that the way they calculate the Go base attack stat for each pokemon from the original games has changed massively so that pokemon with a huge SpAtt but low Att (and visa versa) now aren't ridiculously weak. Also speed is taken into account (Jolteon says hi). I assume something similar happened for Def and SpDef.

Silph Road thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5e6d5b/cp_changes_explained/

This should have you covered if you like spreadsheets (who doesn't!):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_WS9FIGSlKVk6XAJTE3TxXIqlBPIQ5Lsx5qifE72vXY/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

The key points:

• Alakazam now hits hard. Very hard. Highest base attack stat in the game (not including Mewtwo).
  • Rhydon is a now a monster. 3rd highest currently available pokemon in terms of max CP.
  • Victribell, Vileplume and Blastoise all took a hit.
  • Vaporeon got a buff (yes you read that right) which in combination with the above point is a double buff.
  • Chansey got the biggest buff in the game in terms of CP, and has increased defense so now might take forever to attack into.
  • Jolteon got a pretty big buff.
  • Gyarados got even stronger. 4th highest currently available pokemon in terms of max CP.
  • Gengar and Golem got a little love.
  • Arcanine got nerfed a little.
  • Some more of the 10ks got buffed - Pinser & Jynx (& Onix, a little).

Looks like Aerodactyl might have got a bit of an increase too. Gutted at how much my Blastoise and Arcanines have lost but I suppose it balances out with the Jolteons, Gyrados, Vaperon & Rhydon though so ultimately, I can't really complain.

I've had a bit of a 2K egg drought over the last 2 weeks but they seem to have come back with a vengeance now. I really hope that at least one of them contains a Charmander. I've still never seen one in the wild and have only ever hatched two.

I evolved a Voltorb with the best moveset into an Electrode with the shittest moveset yesterday. I don't even know how that works. I hope they'll consider adding HMs and TMs as pokestop rewards to give us a chance to blitz the crapper moves from otherwise good pokemon. I envisage they'd work in a randomised way like the eggs so you'd say use an HM on a Gyrados and it would give you one of the 5 or 6 moves available to it and you would get the option to either swap a move out or just discard the change.