Pokemon Go

rgraves

2 hours ago, ph0rce said:

That regional event better end up being applied to everywhere!

I don't care about legendaries, since they are locked to raid completion & then requiring a raid team to beat anyway.

I think the egg hatch timer on them is going to be longer than two hours allowing for people to travel to it.  Everyone and their grandma will be rocking up, so getting a team together won't be an issue. Just join and you'll see how many people are on the same countdown for the same battle as you. 

Theres like a 2 minute countdown to allow others to join and for you to pick your team. Each raid group has a raid code as well.

If the timer gets low and there's not enough of you, just drop out and try a new one; you don't lose your raid pass to that raid.

Even if you go through to the boss you can drop out whenever you want without voiding the chance to go again. My raid team always do that if someone has errored. Just heal up and go again. 

Your pass effecticely gets you an hour's attempt on that specific boss with as many Pokemon as you can throw at it (after your first 6 faint you are allowed to choose more), over as many attempts as you can fit in. The only limiting factor is time, ergo: dps. You gotta get them down in like, 120 seconds. 

It's a very forgiving system in my opinion. Plus there will be the added option to send invitations it seems. Not sure how it'll work; maybe Bluetooth everyone nearby?

For city centre stuff, sure that's an excellent system but what that boils down to for me, is a guessing game based on which two minute period of the hour someone else might turn up to the gym in, so there'll be more than just me. 

I can beat one & two star easily, and can run a three star close so that just a matter of luck but the likelihood of me participating in a four star raid is pretty much non-existent. 

The raid system was not designed for people who work then have a five year old & an eight month old to entertain. 

What it actually needs is an indicator on the map, or when you click on the egg to show that there are people waiting to raid / looking for help, that would be ideal. Or even planning to participate, basically 'registering interest'. 

I'm not knocking the concept, it's brilliant & the execution works great for people with masses of free time, or who work / live in a city. 

I'm just not one of them! 

There are regional whatsapp chat groups and Facebook pages you can look at to get alerts for rare spawns, hatching or meet up for raids. 

I live in the middle of nowhere and can't see any stops or gyms from where I am, so I rely on those groups to let me know when to drive in. 

I have no friends who play either, so completely rely on strangers lol (although they're less like strangers no I guess :))

There is also gymhuntr.com which can be helpful in locating gyms nearby. You get egg spawn info too. 

I feel your pain; I've had raids happen during school run or bedtime which I obviously can't join. (I have been known to take the small one with me at bedtime and get him to sleep via driving :P) But if you want to, there are definitely ways of improving your chances for going to a legendary raid by going online. 

7 hours ago, NexivRed said:

and I think they're getting a safari event so you can catch all the regionals. 

The safari events where you can catch the regionals are only at certain shopping centres in the rest of Europe so far, there haven't been any announced for the UK yet sadly.

Sounds like go fest has been a disaster. Network issues, several hours long queue to get in. Latest sounds like they have cancelled the event and are refunding everyone and giving $100 worth of pokecoins. No idea what this means for the global challenge.

It looks like I will be going to Chester tomorrow after all. Is anyone going to be there? Whether I go or not is dependent on whether I'm meeting up with anybody and I'm not sure the friend who keeps insisting I go is going to make it himself as he's gone out on the razz with a load of people he met today!

8 minutes ago, GameplayJenny said:

It looks like I will be going to Chester tomorrow after all. Is anyone going to be there? Whether I go or not is dependent on whether I'm meeting up with anybody and I'm not sure the friend who keeps insisting I go is going to make it himself as he's gone out on a razz with a load of people he met today!

Just got back from there a while ago.

Probably not worth going if you are travelling far. Lots of people had connection issues and other than a few extra pokestops, Niantic haven't really done anything extra for the event.

It's good if you are happy to use a few lucky eggs and grind out lots of xp otherwise pointless.

1 hour ago, superstarbeejay said:

Sounds like go fest has been a disaster. Network issues, several hours long queue to get in. Latest sounds like they have cancelled the event and are refunding everyone and giving $100 worth of pokecoins. No idea what this means for the global challenge.

All three challenges happened in the end and they'll tweak the results as necessary. I don't think they're going to let us "fail", it was more about ranking some cash in and releasing the legendaries in some sort of way. I reckon it'll hit gold, and if not, there'll be some "second chance" thing to make more £££. 

Lapras, Charizard, Machamp, Tyranitar. Last four raids have all run on me. That's after golden razzberrirs, curve balls, great throws, even an excellent throw on my last Charizard ball. 

Bit disillusioned tbh. How much better can you do than gold fire type badge, razzberry, curve and excellent throw. Sucks. 

Just done an Articuno raid here in Japan. Fortunately, it was in the local mall on a Sunday when it's ram packed.

First attempt was with 9 people and we ran out of time (though I think a lot of people left after their first team of 6 fainted and didn't rejoin).

Second time we had a team of 17 and finished it easily.

Unfortunately it was a real bitch to catch. Used a Golden Razz everytime, and did decent enough throws. On my first attempt it shook twice but then managed to break out. All the other attempts, it broke out almost as soon as the ball shut. Odds are it's going to take a few raids before you successfully catch it.

Bleh. Took down an Articuno but no catch. We had so many of our group plus stragglers turn up that we had to split into two teams to go in. Max of 20 allowed. Low catch rate amongst us but he did give me 9 candy and 2 charge TMs. 

Yes, double XP, double stardust, 1/3 egg distance (and buddy I think), double candy...

I did a double lucky egg this morning, while walking, pogo+, and hatched all 9 10k eggs. Got over 500k XP. Some nice hatches in the 10k: 3 larvitars meaning I have 170 larvitar candy, a mareep (now have 73 candy), 2 dratini (almost enough candy to evolve my 93% dratini, a lapras, a couple of gligar.

The double candy meant that I almost ended up with as much pidgey and weedle candy after my mass evolve as before it. Now have over 400 candy for each and no pokes left to evolve.

Got this chap earlier near Stratford station.

Was only 11 of us in the group...didn't think we'd have a chance but did it with 8 seconds to spare.

Gutted my son ( 6yrs old - using mums phone ) couldn't catch it in the bonus round though. I was going to say I didn't catch it either, but some guy next to me noticed and congratulated me.

My son calls these "handsome pidgies"

Set him as my buddy...20k for 1 candy! ( so lucky for the walking bonus right now )

Was unable to put him in a gym as a defender, he didn't show in the list.

Screenshot_20170723-154047.thumb.png.bcd5151e0470a70717976511924edffb.png

I went out to do some shopping and spotted an Articuno raid, so I swung by on my way home (my first ever group raid). There was a massive group of people (and dogs!) there - we split into teams and there were 16 Instinct players alone. We defeated it relatively easily - think I was on my 4th Pokémon when we won. Got 9 balls to catch him with... got it on the 5th. Quite a few in the group didn't catch it, which was a bit of a shame. 

IMG_1878.thumb.PNG.480c87d7aa22f87aa72259f6dcebb74e.PNG

Just been for a wander round Chester, more interested in the castle than Go, especially because I've no idea how raids work. Seeing this on the map was pretty awesome though, I'm fed up of being nowhere near a pokestop and having to buy balls 

This is what I usually look at