Pokemon Go

rgraves

Some great research about raid rewards:

https://thesilphroad.com/science/raid-rewards-secret-multipliers

Indicates that my TM RNG has been awful. Had 5 TMs in total so far over 30+ raids (15 legendary). In theory, the average TM drop should be slightly over 1 TM per legendary raid (based on an average of 9 balls per raid and a 12% drop rate). I'm flooding in golden razz (110 in the bag right now) and have had about 200 rare candy drop so far. Very frustrating when I have 3 or 4 really high level mons with poor moves, that would be really useful for raids.

Just found myself using my only charge TM (got yesterday) on a pinsir and using 50k stardust on another pinsir, preparing for mewtwo. Pinsir is cool and useful for most grass mons so don't feel so bad.

Did two more legendary raids last night, caught both. I think I am 8 from 9 now. I am being very patient and waiting for the attack and circle size every time. Last night I caught on the 11th ball (of 12) and 1st ball.

20 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Wild Sandshrew looks so cute!! :wub:

Sick of seeing them: 

aTw5HvH.jpg

With enough candy to evolve two more if I wanted. 

They also often trick me into thinking they're  shiny Magikarp :lol:

42 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Sick of seeing them: 

aTw5HvH.jpg

With enough candy to evolve two more if I wanted. 

They also often trick me into thinking they're  shiny Magikarp :lol:

Ive caught 227 Pokemon

Never seen a sandshrew :(

It's been a while since my last post, probably as I'm trying to only use the free raid pass each day now.

I'm up to 5 Tyranitar now, none into the 90s IV wise, but 2 at 89, and I checked some stats on them as attackers, and the different between my IV69 and an IV100 as an attacker is pretty low anyway.  My better 3 are 29XX, 28XX and 27XX IV but I'm all out of candy, and saving rare candyt for something - since legendary raids seem to have all but stopped handing it out now (I got none from my last!)

Did my 11th (maybe 12th) Moltres last night.  I am 1 for 10 (or 11), and wanted at least 2 of each legendary.  The one I caught was the first one, with 1 ball!

I caught it!  It's a crap one (IV = 69) but I don't care.

We started a new account for my little girl (3 years old) I think mainly because she was driving my wife nuts at raids, bu tobviously, shes enjoying it too.  Started on Saturday morning, she is level 13 already.   Her 2nd highest pokemon is  a <400 CP Pidgeot.  

Her highest, caught at level 11 is a 1800+ Zapdos :D  CalcyIV won't process the Zapdos as it doesn't understand her level and the 1800+ Pokemon!

It's really interesting seeing what she can catch right at the start.  I remember it being almost right into the Pidgey grint, but with gen 2 there is such a wider variety, with the bones for a new Pokemon, the early levels come thick and fast.

In other news, my old Sony Xperia Z3 Compact is slowly killing itself.  It's at the point where members of the local raid group have told me I really need a new phone through restarts / out of sync clock and general slowness, so I went on the hunt for a cheap, small phone with some performance.

Thanks to the wonders of o2 refresh, I bagged a second hand, but perfectly spotless iPhone SE for <£120 which seems quite the bargain.  

Having only played with it for about 30 minutes, so far I've notices that it'll open and close Pokemon Go almost 3 times in the time the Sony takes to do it once, and the Go Plus responds MUCH quicker too.

So.... CalcyIV isn't on the iPhone - what do fellow fruit phone users use for IV checking?!

Hi all :hat:

Took a big break from this over the winter and up to the start of this summer. Couldn't even bare to read about it. I didn't recognise any of the Gen II pokemon and I guess I finally got sick of the grind. Also real life took over a bit (Had Glandular Fever recently, and I am also a homeowner now! Sadly didn't manage to buy anything close to a nest/gym/stop :().

However, then suddenly legendaries were released and I'm right back into it! Got myself a lovely little raid group full of nice folk around where I live/work. It's so sociable these days! We even had beers/wine whilst doing a raid in a pub last night :). I've also tagged along with the masses wondering around central London on a couple of Sundays. I've even got back into walking (did 18,000 steps yesterday :blink:) cause gotta dust em all. My legendary stats are as follows:

Articuno: 4/7

Moltres: 5/9

Zapdos: 8/11

Lugia: 3/6

Highest IV is my 96% Lugia who's going to help me solo a Machamp as soon as I can. The technique where you "set" the ring size and then do a curved throw whilst the attack animation is playing has worked quite nicely for me. Zapdos especially I can be very consistent on now, with curved great throws.

I think the way it's changed in the past few months has been good and bad:

Bad:

• No use for low CP pokemon anymore - previously it was cool finding and using "prestigers" (Starmie, Golduck, Bulbasaur, Pidgeot, etc) to level up gyms. But now only a handful of pokemon are really relevant/useful. This is a real shame imho. Pokemon should be all about using your favourites and diversity. Now there's barely any point in leveling up anything that's not a Machamp, Tyranitar, Dragonite, Golum.etc.
  • Increased focus on Raids. Raids are fun, no doubt. But there are far too many of them imho, and they take away from the core "Go" aspect of the game from last year. People are walking less, biking less, and standing and waiting between driving to raids more.
  • Increased interaction with other people: Trying to organise people is one of the most thankless tasks in the world. Trying to organise total strangers over apps/forums/whatever that are not designed for this task can be a real grueling, painstaking headache. And waiting for people who are late is super annoying. Plus if you're any way introverted, interacting with others can really drain you down very quickly (I just want to be on my own guys!).
  • Game is still a buggy mess obviously.

Good:

• More pokemon diversity in gyms and a more inclusive gym system. Sure, the "war" or competitive aspect of gyms has been removed, but the new system means you see loads of different pokemon in gyms, and means that a wider range of players can get a chance to collect coins every day. The new system isn't perfect by any means, but I think it's better than it was overall.
  • Raids are fun! Legendaries are fun! Walking around in groups of 30-40 people all playing pokemon has brought back the magic of last summer! I love it. I feel a part of something. I love all these people buying into this stupid "game" :D, young and old.
  • Increased interaction with other people: I've definitely got a lot out of meeting new people. I doubt we'll remain friends forever or anything, but I definitely miss it when we don't go raiding for a few days. Also I can talk to them unashamedly about my pokemon spreadsheets soo.... :)

Probably loads more but that's a few of my thoughts over the past few months condensed into a long post :). Hope you're all still enjoying it. Anyone hit level 40 yet?!

On 22/08/2017 at 20:44, Azrael said:

Also caught a Pineco, only the 3rd I've seen/caught. 

Found and caught 2 more today. 

Dropped by a Moltres raid then a Lugia one. No one at either but to be fair they were both 1hr50mins left on timer so if I'd waited others may have shown up, sadly I  needed to be heading home by this point. 

The revives situation is ridiculous. My daughter had an 895 CP Skarmory in her lineup for an Articuno raid today. When I asked why she said she had no revives. I said that she didn't spin enough pokestops. Then I looked at her journal:

45 pokestop spins, 7 revives collected. 45 spins for her is about a weeks worth of pokestops or more.

I checked mine today and got 3 revives from 19 pokestops. I used to be flooded in them, deleting them in their 20s or 30s. Now, doing a single raid a day, I am down to 50 and falling.

I know raids are now giving revives (which is stupid IMO) but without raid revives, we are looking at spinning 40-60 pokestops to get enough revives.for just one raid. For a lot of people, that is a lot of pokestop spinning.

On 8/22/2017 at 15:42, Hexx said:

PokeGenie

Hmm, this isn't a patch on CalcyIV to the point that in comparison it feels barely usable (though part of that is probably because multitasking on Android is broken - or at least on the newest Android my old phone run - PoGo would simply close if I had anything else up for a few seconds.  CalcyIV is a proper treat compared to PokeGenie, and the gym recommendations were always welcome too.  Never mind, the game runs so much better on the iPhone..

Revives...

The last 3 raids I've done have seen me get 2 rare candy - both from a ttar.  2 legendaries prior to that - none.  I did get 15 super AND 15 hyper potions from one though.  The only good thing about potions in raids (which is stupid, I agree) is that I don't have to throw away at least 14 of the 20 revives it's just given me every time!!

Remember if you're out of revives and you have the necessary candy/stardust and the Pokemon isn't already maxed out you can power them up which will give them 1 or 2 HP for you to then use potions on them. Not ideal but have had to resort to that in the past.

Completed my Generation 2 dex this morning with a wild Hitmontop catch. Really takes the presssure off being out and hatching eggs quite so much in the lead up to gen 3 (although god knows when that will be).

Also hit level 34, having been one just hit 32 when legendaries launched. I think that only includes one mass evolve as the legendary raid XP rapidly adds up. With almost 130 legendary raids done that's 1.3mil XP on that alone.

Going to be force to start spending rare candy now. Having levelled two Lugia to 30 and a bunch of other random bits I've got 700-odd fecking up my bag management. The problem is the stardust. Back to 100k now but no way to gAin enough to keep pace with other resources.

Parked up in town today and spotted a Magikarp raid and nothing else of interest. Decided I could do with the exercise so decided to walk to the Magikarp raid. Just before getting there I catch this guy:

H4jNowj.jpg

My usual rule is to not catch unregistered evolved Pokemon as I like the extra XP from registering them during a Lucky Egg evolve session but considering I've only ever caught two Chanseys and was a long way off evolving one I made an exception. 

Golden Raspberry + Ultra Ball + Great throw + Curve meant first time catch. Well chuffed with that, rewarded for braving the rain without my coat. It doesn't appraise very well mind - can't check how it rates on Poke Genie yet as it's currently defending a gym. 

Also broke the 800 Magikarp candy mark today - up to 810 now - but still no Shiny 'karp to evolve. :(

I'm getting really fed up of raids spawning at gyms I'm heading towards!

I live between 2 gyms, and check them as I brush my teeth, planning which to take and leave. I have 2 accounts now as I decided to start again 3 weeks back, as we started my 3 year old about 5 weeks ago and she's always asking what she has that we don't - of course my wife and I have more or less full Pokedex by now.  She is lvl 33 and needs an igglybuff, tyrogue and hitmontop.  I'm 34 and need smoochum and hitmontop.  My new (now lvl21) account has both igglybuff and smoochum already..

Anyway, without fail, one of both are raids by the time I walk out the door 5 minutes later!  Then my route to work passes 4 further gyms, I usually get one, and the other 3 are raids - then that 1 is taken by the time I get to work - probably because it's the only available gym in the area!

On the plus side, Entei is out - though those damn birds are still around - Not sure how I feel about that as my lvl21 account caught none of them!

Well I hit that harder than I intended. 15 Entai raids today. Caught 10.
They were everywhere. I stopped after 3 catches from 3 raids. 2 of them have 15 attack IV and overheat so I don't really need to rush on any more. I've used pokebattler to assess what a level 30 entei would be capable of and have decided not to power one up yet as it won't add anything to any of my raid teams for the dogs or mewtwo. Possibly for raikou but even then pokebattler says my top 2 Flareons will do better.

I have caught several 15 attack IV eevee in the past few days, one being 15/15/14 and another 730cp. Not sure weather to evolve them now or wait. I would like a top tier umbreon even though it is worthless in the current meta, just because it is such a cool pokemon.

Also eventually got another charge TM but no idea what to use it on.

And I'm out, another game catering to raiding and not "normal" players - although admittedly the first time it's happened for me on a mobile game. I wondered if it was just me, but I realized my wife stopped playing a few days before I finally threw in the towel.

I haven't got time to regularly raid, and on the rare occasion I do we don't have enough players. And honestly, I don't even want to - I'm sick time consuming content so heavily RNG based. At least with standard play I can sneak a quick catch or stop walking between meetings. I was actually quite content with the monthly events, and the gym gold changes means I'm regularly getting incubators (although 10k eggs have all but dried up for me). So yeah, without the standard fire type events, I've got well over a 100 pokeballs, I've even had to delete special items you get from 7 day stops as I have so many, and I've essentially nothing to do. Saving up 8000 pigeys for the next double XP event isn't cutting the mustard any more.

I'm sure the game is healthy and making a tonne of money off raid passes, but this about kills it for casual play.