IGNORED

Pokemon Go

rgraves

9 hours ago, Hexx said:

Event tomorrow?

Safari zone event, only for certain cities, including Stockholm obviously. UK hasn't had one yet and none are scheduled. The events are nuts though from what I understand, pretty much all larvitar, chansey, pikachu etc.

Well, most likely a subset of it. Which I despise. Hated the babies from Gen 2. I just want to get out and catch a variety of new stuff. Not a few and within days be left waiting.

Of course if they immediately follow the event with the full release then that's probably fine.

1 hour ago, thesnowman said:

Well, most likely a subset of it. Which I despise. Hated the babies from Gen 2. I just want to get out and catch a variety of new stuff. Not a few and within days be left waiting.

Of course if they immediately follow the event with the full release then that's probably fine.

I'd actually prefer a staged release, with a few new ones being added every week or so.

Staged release would be beret for everyone I think. Even if they forced the staging a little with some rare spawns that have evolutions, like mareep.

I hate the luck element of eggs,and the babies. To compete my Poked experience, I need Smootchum.

(And mewtwo and the third dog...)

I Started a second account for funsies with about a week left on the birds. Hatched a smootchum within a fortnight :(

From Gen one I have everything other than the regionals, and 2 of the birds. 

From the top of my head, Still missing a few from Gen 2:

Lavitar's evolutions- Have enough candy for stage 2

Mareep's evolutions - nowhere near enough candy 

Miltank 

Cleffa

Hitmontop 

The thing Pineco evolves into - nearly have enough candy

Togetic - about 6 candy away now as Togepi is my buddy 

The Octopus but I've got enough candy to evolve the fish to it

Porygon 2 - never going to get as I've only ever seen/caught 1 Porygon 

Unown - are these even available? 

Regionals - Heracross and Corsala 

Lugia and the dogs 

19 hours ago, Azrael said:

From Gen one I have everything other than the regionals, and 2 of the birds. 

From the top of my head, Still missing a few from Gen 2:

Lavitar's evolutions- Have enough candy for stage 2

Mareep's evolutions - nowhere near enough candy 

Miltank 

Cleffa

Hitmontop 

The thing Pineco evolves into - nearly have enough candy

Togetic - about 6 candy away now as Togepi is my buddy 

The Octopus but I've got enough candy to evolve the fish to it

Porygon 2 - never going to get as I've only ever seen/caught 1 Porygon 

Unown - are these even available? 

Regionals - Heracross and Corsala 

Lugia and the dogs 

Unown is available but super rare.  I've never seen one, other than the event where them and Khan from the regionals was available in Glasgow.

In the run up to Gen 3, I think there have been more / better availability of rarer stuff. I noticed this in the run up to the gen 2 release as well, but I guess it could be my imagination.

I only really play on the way to and from work, and in the past couple of weeks have caught in the wild:

Snorlax

Forretress (evolved Pineco)

Miltank

Hitmontop

Ampharos (mareep's first evolution)

Machamp

Many more evolved Pokemon than normal, tentacruel, feraligator, octillery, haunter...

My wife caught a Porygon, Tyroge and Lapras have been spotted in the area, and posted on a local facebook group with screen shot.

18 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Has spoofing been clamped down on, somehow? I’ve noticed the gyms near me hardly change hands anymore.

Unless it’s just people losing interest.

Perhaps a bit of both?  I think one of the last few APK mines found something about locations in it that some thought was about spoofing, but I've noticed a lot of gym takers disappear that I know weren't spoofers.  I think that because of the way the gym system works, a lot of people played in groups.  There was a couple, and 2 of their friends who took local to me gyms, all 4 now disappeared, so presumably stopped playing for example.

On 10/16/2017 at 18:21, disperse and recoagulate said:

Has spoofing been clamped down on, somehow? I’ve noticed the gyms near me hardly change hands anymore.

Unless it’s just people losing interest.

Yeah I've noticed this as well. My 400CP Larvitar has been on his own in a gym that used to change hands quite frequently (in South London) for nearly 24 hours now! I initially put it down to losing interest, but then remembered there was those messages ("We have detected activity on your account that suggests you are using modified client software...") that some people got a few weeks ago. Could be a mixture of that and ennui?

54 minutes ago, thesnowman said:

Gen 3 and legendary raid badges added overnight. 281 legendary raids. Which is stupid compared to my ~90 non-legendaries ones.

What level are you? that is a lot. I'm a pretty heavy player and try and do a raid a day at least. I have 39 legendary raids and 11 non-legendary raids according to my badges.

17 minutes ago, Onze said:

Wow.  That's some money you've thrown at the game there!  Pay to win.  ;)

Legendary raids have been out about 90 days I think. One free raid pass a day plus one every other day, assuming 50 coins every day = roughly 140 raids for free. Means 150 bought =... Actually I'll stop there.