Pokemon Go

rgraves

All the new Gen 3 Pokemon introduced as part of the event have shiny forms now - so that's Duskull/Dusclops, Shuppet/Bannet, and Sableye.  (Plus Pikachu of course - has anyone got a shiny Pikachu with a witch's hat I wonder?)  They've been rolled out every few days over the course of the event.

16 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

All the new Gen 3 Pokemon introduced as part of the event have shiny forms now - so that's Duskull/Dusclops, Shuppet/Bannet, and Sableye.  (Plus Pikachu of course - has anyone got a shiny Pikachu with a witch's hat I wonder?)  They've been rolled out every few days over the course of the event.

There is no model for shiny witchu, only normal pikachu.

I havent got any event shinys yet. Have picked up and evolved a few decent houndoom though, ready for mewtwo.

Raids changed 

New Level 1 Bosses

Ivysaur – CP 5238

Metapod – CP 1534

Charmeleon – CP 5038

Wartortle – CP 4503

New Level 2 Bosses

Magneton – CP 14172

Sableye – CP 8266

Sandslash – CP 12312

Tentacruel – CP 12190

Marowak – CP 9891

Cloyster – CP 15678

New Level 3 Bosses

Ninetales – CP 14914

Scyther – CP 17358

Omastar – CP 18915

Porygon – CP 11410

New Level 4 Bosses

Poliwrath – CP 24247

Victrebell – CP 23780

Golem – CP 30572

Nidoking – CP 24873

Nidoqueen – CP 23216

Raids now 45 minutes, eggs still 1 hour 

13 hours ago, Hexx said:

Raids changed 

New Level 1 Bosses

Ivysaur – CP 5238

Metapod – CP 1534

Charmeleon – CP 5038

Wartortle – CP 4503

New Level 2 Bosses

Magneton – CP 14172

Sableye – CP 8266

Sandslash – CP 12312

Tentacruel – CP 12190

Marowak – CP 9891

Cloyster – CP 15678

New Level 3 Bosses

Ninetales – CP 14914

Scyther – CP 17358

Omastar – CP 18915

Porygon – CP 11410

New Level 4 Bosses

Poliwrath – CP 24247

Victrebell – CP 23780

Golem – CP 30572

Nidoking – CP 24873

Nidoqueen – CP 23216

Raids now 45 minutes, eggs still 1 hour 

New raid bosses is nice but the drop to 45 minutes is shit. It is hard enough getting a legendary raid party together as it is.

16 hours ago, superstarbeejay said:

New raid bosses is nice but the drop to 45 minutes is shit. It is hard enough getting a legendary raid party together as it is.

Yup. Even in London it's tough now. I think people are just a little bored which is a shame as Raikou is one of the best in the game. Will probably mess around with soloing the new level 3s, but can feel a lull coming on.

Did some raids on Saturday, now have 7 Raikou, so am wondering what to do for the rest of the month.

Some of the raid boss changes make sense, Golem was the obvious one, but I wish they'd made it Graveller instead rather than making it really easy now to get a Pokemon that previously was quite hard to get a good one of - much in the same way they did with TTAR.

I'd imagine, since the data is in there, that they decided based on which Pokemon were less well distributed / feature in less Pokedex??

L1

Metapod is obviously someone at Niantic having a laugh - they should have made it a level 4 though and really high CP to make it a game of strategy / time / group size..

Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Wartortle obviously replace the Gen 2 starters at this level, which i presume is because no one wanted to get a group together to do the final evolutions as lvl 4s, or perhaps because people had the juniors, but not the middle ones. 

L2

Magneton – CP 14172

Sableye – immediately after they do an even with it, and it's still everywhere. I caught 4 wild ones yesterday and only played to and from work!

Marowak is similar though a bit less common.

Sandslash – I'm level 35, played from US launch.  I have seen and caught 8 Sandshrew (including hatches) and only managed to evolve 1 sandslash via walking so these are pretty rare here.

Tentacruel / Cloyster – I guess in areas of the world with no water....?

L3

Ninetales – Vulpix are fairly common, I guess.

Porygon – I'm happy for this.  I've seen and caught 5 (again, including hatches) and walked to evolve, plus I think there is a new one in gen 4?  I'd like a decent one.

Scyther – My local park was just a nest during double candy event, and I hatched 3 in the last month, but I'd have been happy for this a month ago.

Omastar – Don't have a good one, but they do nest... I'd still like a decent one.

Odd that it's 2 evolved versions and 2 unevolved versions...

Scizor (best bug?) and Omastar (perhaps less useful now that legendary birds are done?) are decent Pokemon as the game currently stands, so worth getting good ones of.

So, L3 is pretty decent imo, especially since they are probably able to be done solo.

L4

Poliwrath, Nidoking, Nidoqueen - Hahahaahahaha.  Good luck getting a group to do any of these !!

Golem – Best of them all.  My best is a 87IV at 2608.  My second best is a 93IV at 2106 so I'm up for some of these to improve.

I think the changes to raid bosses are broadly fine. With Tyranitar, Lapras, Snorlax, Machamp, Gengar and Alazazam sticking around most of the best from the previous set are still around.

You could maybe complain about Venusaur but with Ivysaur in T1 it’s might be said to be more accessible this way.

Which leaves the one real loss as Exeggutor. One of the best grass types in the game and highly useful.

2 hours ago, thesnowman said:

I think the changes to raid bosses are broadly fine. With Tyranitar, Lapras, Snorlax, Machamp, Gengar and Alazazam sticking around most of the best from the previous set are still around.

You could maybe complain about Venusaur but with Ivysaur in T1 it’s might be said to be more accessible this way.

Which leaves the one real loss as Exeggutor. One of the best grass types in the game and highly useful.

Agreed, Exeggutor is the biggest loss. Otherwise, I don't see an issue really, unlikely the raid timer changes and daylight saving, grrr.

10 minutes ago, superstarbeejay said:

Agreed, Exeggutor is the biggest loss. Otherwise, I don't see an issue really, unlikely the raid timer changes and daylight saving, grrr.

Raid spawns also seem down for us in the last few days. It's probably worrying how much the lack of raids effects my mood!

Raid spawns (from around 4pm onwards) seem to be down here too.  i'd have thought that if they remained the same, the perception would be that there were more raids with the changes retaining the good ones, and introducing new good ones too - my thought being you'd notice more decent ones, and remember them so it'd seem like there were more.

I tried to solo a Gengar last night - I've been trying to find one to do for about a month now and only just found one where I actually was!  I failed.  Back to the drawing board.

I used:

2017 - Alakazam - IV87 - Confusion, Future Sight

2518 - Espeon - IV87 - Confusion, Future Sight

3152 - Ttar - IV89 - Bite, Crunch

3152 - Ttar - IV89 - Bite, Stone Edge

2931 - Ttar - IV84 - Bite, Crunch

3139 - Dragonite - IV98 - Dragon Tail, Outrage

It had Focus Blast, so basically 1 shot knocked out my Tyranitars..

I think my Alakazam is a little low, and my Espeon too, so I'm thinking of upping them, swapping a Ttar out for a 2nd Espeon and trying again.

I also have a 2980 - Rhyhorn - 96IV with Mudslap, Earthquake that might be a better slot 6 tank than my Dragonite.

Hopefully I can find one in less than a month this time!!

Running out of storage for Pokemon because I have a bunch to evolve. Holding out for a double xp event as surely we'll get one for Thanksgiving/Christmas/Kwanzaa. Also refuse to buy any more storage upgrades in case they get reduced in price during an event. 

So, walking home, get to the close I live in and a Lapras shows up at the stop, the one that is just out of range of my bedroom.

I wander over, swipe the phone up to turn off Wi-Fi / put on the torch ( so I don't trip over any of the play equiptment at the stop ) , as I do this, the bastard phone craps out... typical iPhone 6s battery issue ( I have the cofin ready to send it back for a free repair ).

So what do you do? Well, I went indoors, stuck the phone on charge for a couple of mins, fired it up, plugged in the portable carger and went back out to catch the bastard...

Fed it a Golden Raspberry, used a Ulra ball and caught it first time.

Now, I'm not sure how much candy I had to begin with, but it wasn't much, maybe 10, 15 tops, as otherwise I'd have been eveloving my original SlapAss up to the next stage it could reach, I didn't look either when it was showing me, but upong checking my candy now, I've got 96, time for some serious powering up once I determine which of the four I have gets the candy, and happy at my first catch / non-hatch of a Lapras, it's only the second wild one I've ever seen :P

Its nice but I often ruin them. Not out of spite but because I rarely pay much attention to what's in a gym when dropping into it.

In for news, I turned 3 more gyms gold this week, taking my tally to 12.

Also hit level 38. I was level 37 for 19 days. That's 2.5mill XP.

And then the game kicked me in the nads. Two Ex raids in town today and no pass for either. This is when you realise you're addicted. I was just annoyed, or sad, but properly depressed about it when I found out. I guess I'm pleased for those who got one but I was at every raid with them at those gyms so more than happiness for them I'm jealous. I struggle to grin at the idiots who know nothing about the game or care.

Erm... But yeah, loads of fun.

Ex Raid Announced for my city 

A big central gym that no one not in centre will raid at.

Seems to be variance on criteria - some raid there within 2 weeks an no invite. Others longer and did.

EX raids are so opaque and lacklustre I’ve avoided getting worked up 

There was an EX raid a few hundred metres from my house today. Invites seem to have been based on attendance at two specific raids last Saturday, i.e. everyone who got an invite was at one or the other of these raids last week. But only half of those who attended got an EX pass (we are all in the same Discord group). My wife and I did the second of those two raids, and have raided that gym dozens of times over the last few months, and neither of us got an invite. 

Basically it’s a complete lottery and I am beyond pissed off right now. 

The second Ex raid in out town (80invites sent last Friday) only had 5 attendees and low level. Couldn’t do it. I only knew of 4 invites so not too surprised on one hand but What a dick move from Niantic. 

The other only had 13 people. For a group where we can get 20-30 form some random evening/weekend moves this seems like a classic case of the devs not understanding how to foster and build communities around their game. We have one. A good one. But little of its is Niantic’s doing.