IGNORED

Pokemon Go

rgraves

So pleased I was lucky enough to get an EX Raid pass and manage to catch Mewtwo, I barely get to do even standard raids. 

Those of you that don't see many Sandshrews intrigue me as I'm always seeing them (have caught 70 but passed up on so many others). What are you getting instead of Shrews? Do you get many Grimers or Koffings because they're the only Sandshrew-tier Pokemon I very rarely find. 

Talking of rare finds I caught my 2nd ever Porygon yesterday. ^_^ Crap stats and still needing a lot of candy to evolve one though. 

My Grimer count is 10 seen and Koffing is 12 seen. I've managed to get both a Muk and Weezing but had to use the buddy system to do that. 

Also apparently the Porygon from yesterday was my 3rd not 2nd. Can't remember the 2nd one I caught. 

On 11/11/2017 at 16:04, thesnowman said:

The second Ex raid in out town (80invites sent last Friday) only had 5 attendees and low level. Couldn’t do it. I only knew of 4 invites so not too surprised on one hand but What a dick move from Niantic. 

The other only had 13 people. For a group where we can get 20-30 form some random evening/weekend moves this seems like a classic case of the devs not understanding how to foster and build communities around their game. We have one. A good one. But little of its is Niantic’s doing.

It really feels like the players of this game have been battling against Niantic's design/decisions, rather than being helped by them. Communities and groups have fostered despite all the difficulties put in their place, for example:

• Very little communication on methods/strategy
  • No warning of in game changes
  • Lack of in game ability to communicate/signal to other people
  • Reduced raid times
  • Anti-social raid times
  • No in game way of spotting raids that aren't within 5 minutes of you
  • The whole EX raid mess

Despite all this raiding groups are still organised. Players are still high spirited and helpful and nice (for the most part). I don't really know whether this makes me happy or sad.

I don't mean to come across like an entitled internet whinger :) (I have a feeling this does a bit). I can get on with my life outside of PoGo of course! It just feels like a massive shame and missed opportunity. What could have been!

I've got an EX raid pass for this Saturday.  On our local raid Facebook chat I know that 5 other people received the same invite including one of my friends.  Hopefully other people that we don't know about have also received the same pass.  Otherwise it's going to be a struggle with 6.

On 21/10/2017 at 16:07, Azrael said:

Also caught a Sableye that I've put into the local Long Stay Gym so probably won't be seeing him again for a while - the Gyarados I kicked out had been there for 17 days. 

Posted this on 21.10.17 and he's still there but the game has messed up:

D40MM38.png

Was -23 days yesterday, -22 today. What's happening? 

There seem to be a lot of negative articles where people pluck random numbers out of the air and say things like "We'll never reach this. I'd estimate only 1% of the people who downloaded the game are still playing, so would each need to catch 400 in a week" etc, but I'd be pretty shocked if they didn't at least pretend the goal had been met!

On 14/11/2017 at 15:17, Onze said:

I've got an EX raid pass for this Saturday.  On our local raid Facebook chat I know that 5 other people received the same invite including one of my friends.  Hopefully other people that we don't know about have also received the same pass.  Otherwise it's going to be a struggle with 6.

About 9 showed up for the EX raid in total.  We beat Mewtwo easily with over 100 seconds left.  Thanks to gym control and team damage I ended up with 12 balls to catch it.  I caught it with my second ball with a critical capture.  I think only 2 out of the group failed to capture it, but that was probably down to bad/impatient ball throwing.  One guy was shouting with anger at his failure to capture it only seconds after I threw my 2nd ball!  

Looks like Bronze has been met already, getting double XP currently. Haven't tested using a Lucky Egg to see if it gives 4x XP, hopefully it does because I have about 70 mon waiting to evolve. 

Also those Super Incubators are available to purchase for 200 coins, bought one for the 10k egg I just got. 

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

Looks like Bronze has been met already, getting double XP currently. Haven't tested using a Lucky Egg to see if it gives 4x XP, hopefully it does because I have about 70 mon waiting to evolve. 

Also those Super Incubators are available to purchase for 200 coins, bought one for the 10k egg I just got. 

Reddit says it does give 4x for evolving

Raids are apparently not doubling, just giving more

God I wish I worked in town for all those Lures :D

Raids were fixed shortly after it went live. Now proper double XP.

I had a good first day of double XP. I’d saved up about 200 evolutions so with those, 4 Raikou raids and a couple of other random ones I managed 730k XP today. So just 1.2mil more to level 39. Hoping to finish that by end of Saturday as we’re taking some our raiding group to London for the day.

14 hours ago, Azrael said:

Just done 78 evolves, 158k EXP from it ( may have had a couple register after time ran out ).
Time to get some sleep and do more in the morning :P