IGNORED

Pokemon Go

rgraves

Wow, Niantic on a roll with stuff going on. Announcement regarding changes to Ex raids (ending field tests) and general raids.

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/novdevupdate-raids

It's nice that it contains developer notes. Gives insight into their thinking.

Tl;dr

EX Raids have been vastly improved:

You can now influence your odds of getting an EX Raid invite through

• prioritizing parks + sponsored gym locations
  • increasing your gym badge level at those gyms
  • having a higher raid count in general

Also, Standard Raids have been improved:

• Rewards got a lot more lucrative:
  • potions/revives have been reduced, and now favor higher-level items
  • TM odds increased
  • golden razz drops are now guarenteed
  • the Karp is back. :)

Stolen from:

Was doing a bit of afternoon Pokemon hunting in town, no Farfetch'd sightings so was heading back to the car when I spot his silhouette at a Pokestop up in the town. So like the sad Poke-fanatic I am I started to run in that direction. Fortunately my general fitness levels have improved since the last time I went running for a Pokemon  (Chansey) so I got there very quickly and this time not feeling like I was going to die. Was only 104cp but didn't want to take any risks so used a Gold Berry and Ultra Ball to catch it. Then heading back to the car I caught two more (54cp and 554cp) negating the whole point in me having to run for the first one. 

On 28/11/2017 at 14:52, Naieve said:

anyone notice the app doesn't keep their phone unlocked anymore (ios) since the latest update?

Yep, spotted this yesterday, since the latest update it now doesn't keep the phone screen active, not sure how this affects walking distances though, I've been too scared to not jab at the screen every few seconds to keep it active, it's killing my already borked battery :(

Just hit level 40 tonight. It’s taken my just 6 days to do the 5 million XP since turning level 39 last Saturday morning.

It’s been a crazy week of nothing but Pokémon Go. 2 hours each morning, 4-5 hours each evening grinding catches, spins, hatches and evolves. Grabbed a few raids as well.

Its a very odd feeling.

6 hours ago, thesnowman said:

Just hit level 40 tonight. It’s taken my just 6 days to do the 5 million XP since turning level 39 last Saturday morning.

It’s been a crazy week of nothing but Pokémon Go. 2 hours each morning, 4-5 hours each evening grinding catches, spins, hatches and evolves. Grabbed a few raids as well.

Its a very odd feeling.

That is crazy, well done, I think. I've hit 38 and have no motivation to go higher until there is a reason to do so. I've moved my pogo+ over to my daughter's account so that she can help more in raids.

Screenshot_2017-11-29-11-52-32-333.thumb.jpeg.e396d6e347b701f4de6d9259af70f2df.jpeg

I did have my first 100% legendary the other day

I don't have the dust or rare candy to max it out yet, but do plan to. Shame that Ho-Oh isn't actually that useful right now but a moveset update could change that in a big way.

Congratulations @thesnowman

I had every intention of doing a big grind session over the weekend but I put my back out last Friday and I was unable to walk for a few days.  :(

Give us some stats on your trainer account, I love a good stat.  :)

I want to see you medal stats!

Jogger

Collector

Scientist

Breeder

Backpacker

Battle Girl

Ace Trainer

Berry Master 

Gym Leader 

and any others you fancy throwing in.  :)

This week I've done (approx):

80km walked

2200 catches

500 evolutions

120 egg hatches

1000 Pokestop spins

40 legendary raids

And all my badge stats (I capture them most nights)...

Badge    30/11/17
Jogger    1220
Kanto    148
Collector    17282
Scientist    2555
Breeder    1201
Backpacker    15261
Battle Girl    3066
Pikachu Fan    617
Johto    95
Berry Master    4277
Gym Leader    4788
Fisherman    79
Youngster    161
Unown    13
Champion    176
Battle Legend    476
Ace Trainer    41
Hoenn    5
Schoolkid    760
Black Belt    329
Bird Keeper    6034
Punk Girl    1978
Ruin Maniac    1194
Hiker    455
Bug Catcher    911
Hex Maniac    1458
Depot Agent    270
Kindler    689
Swimmer    4202
Gardener    876
Rocker    1342
Psychic    1622
Skier    573
Deliquent    683
Fairy Tale Girl    859
Dragon Trainer    93

1 hour ago, Naieve said:

I guess it's Niantic's way of persuading everyone to buy a gotcha. 

(someone actually suggested it was to stop the gaming getting burned into the screen of the new iphone so it'll probably get fixed for all other models at some point).

Well that's bollocks because it can turn off the screen without locking it! It already did that.

The Gotcha still works in manual mode with the iPhone locked at least for 10 of do minutes. It's annoying it doesn't auto spin any more though, I've run out of balls.

The event was good to me, despite last night being the only 2 raids I managed. I was playing in central London for a few days whilst on holiday. Started near the top of level 35, finished mid way through 36 with some lucky eggs. The grind was so much easier with the amount of stops everywhere. 

My local area on Pokémon Go is fucked. The gym and local stops are still there, but the road I live in has gone, a nearby road is now the wrong shape, another road is no longer a dead end, and a number of new roads that don't actually exist have appeared.

wtf

They’ve switched from using Google maps to OSM for the visible display in the game. Whilst they’ve always used OSM in the background for determining where spawns/nests/etc are, the skin used for the map was Google up until a couple of days ago.