Pokemon Go

rgraves

My area got much more detailed. But it's a mess. The game map engine doesn't have enough range of track sizes and so every little drive way is a full blown road. Some roads are about 3 times wider than usual as there are so many driveways coming off them

Seems essentially accurate from what I can see on the map near my house, but going into way too much detail with things like showing footpaths separated from the road by a metre of grass like they're skinny little roads running parallel to the main one.

On a more annoying front, yesterday I saw the silhouette of a new Pokemon for the first time in six months (if you exclude the event ones), but it turned out the Pokestop it was lurking by was impossible to access, slapbang in the middle of an area with "Private property - no access" signs all around :(

Gotcha still borked, but game works.

Think they've flubbed EX raids though. No one knows how to get them (another one popped up over weekend, seems to be no rhyme or reason to who gets its it about 20 of us raiding the gym last Wednesday - only 5ish got an invite...) and then their at odd times (2pm on a Monday. Yey!).

No one seems particularly excited for them, and no one seems faffed trying to obtain one.

Nantic seem to be working on the basis that "if we don't tell people they'll do everything to get one" (and sell lots of raid passes)

But in my group it's just leading to lethargy and disinterest rather than SPEND SPEND SPEND. 

Popped down to reclaim a gym after walk and go for a stroll along the beach. Noticed a couple of Ho-Oh raids like usual but this time there looked to be a couple of people waiting at one. Headed over and sure enough they were and told me some others were on the wait. After about 5 mins we had 11 there ready to take it on. Was a bit of a bitch, Solar Beam kept one-shotting everyone. I had 13 Pokemon faint before it was beat. Then failed to catch it with 10 balls. 

The other raid still had 10 minutes left so we hurried over there and got that started in time. This one was a piece of piss and I only had 6 Pokemon faint. Managed to catch it with the 8th of 12 balls. Only about 82% and 2169CP but we'll chuffed to get one. It joins my single Moltres and Mewtwo as my only Legendaries. 

Ain't see no Gen 3 mon (other than them ghosts), citation needed, @Naieve :quote:

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

No Gen 3 here - but updated to loading screen showing them.

Gotcha still borked :(

Have you got 85.1 or 85.2. Both patches came quickly, one after another.

The new battle screen is so much better. No energy rubber-banding and just a tap for the charge move.

The gym near work has gone. It's not even a stop now - it's just gone.

So now I've no Pokemon to catch, no way to hatch Pokemon as walking doesn't work any more, and now they've taken the main gym I use.

Fuck you, Niantic.

12 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Has something changed cos my phone keeps locking after a few

minutes in my pocket, rather than just the screen dulling with the Pokemon logo on. I don’t think it registers steps after it completely locks. Why’s it keep doing it?

See my post.

It's because Niantic are cunts.

My local to home gym has disappeared now too. Overnight. I still have a Pokemon on it but when I try to view the gym I get an error message.

I have a feeling *all* the gyms have disappeared for me, will check a couple of other locals at lunchtime.

On 12/7/2017 at 10:50, superstarbeejay said:

The new battle screen is so much better. No energy rubber-banding and just a tap for the charge move.

I *thought* it was better, then realised that now, instead of paying attention and firing off the charge move once it's built up, raiding now involves tap, tap, tap in the same place and you'll do as well as you can.

Part of me hopes they made the change to head towards multiple charge moves, but I suspect not.  It's more efficient and means I can happily raid with 2 phones and not pay any attention at all, which is welcome in a way, but I'm not convinced it's an improvement.

If they fix the Gotcha on iOS all I'd have to do is turn up places and tap to play the whole game, looking at the screen only to pair, and to open gyms / enter raids.

I came back a couple of weeks ago, at the promise of gen 3, and was utterly underwhelmed. Same old crap, another game completely geared towards raiding. And then they roll out this location-based weather system, with it's varying bonuses to different types, and suddenly there's actually things to do again. There's even a Ghastly nest in the house opposite me - to think how many AU I walked him to get Gengar.

Shame about the technical issues, wonder if it relates to them changing the provider for map data. I noticed they've dropped Google, so there's do buildings now.

So today, based on actual weather, we've had partly cloudy (rock), sunny (fire and others), clear at night (poison and Ghost I think it was) and now snow (metal and ice). And the ones you do catch, while under the bonus, are better. I've had some wonders with good stats from random catches.