Pokemon Go

rgraves

Looks like Team Rocket poke stops are random and timed. One that was shadow for me wasn't for my wife standing next to me. I think you need to do the first part of the new quest line for them to appear. 

12 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Looks like Team Rocket poke stops are random and timed. One that was shadow for me wasn't for my wife standing next to me. I think you need to do the first part of the new quest line for them to appear. 

Stops are the same for everyone.

Thanks for the gifts from Japan @Tetmon :D 

30 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Bloody Adventure Sync turned off again. Best check it every time the app updates. 

Do you swap accounts on the same phone? I'm pretty sure it turns off when you log out of an account then log back in.

5 hours ago, Onze said:

Do you swap accounts on the same phone? I'm pretty sure it turns off when you log out of an account then log back in.

I used to but my kids have my old phone now. Just me on here. 

I'm enjoying this Team Go Rocket thing. Battling their trainers is more like a mini raid, and despite all my max cp, high 90s Pokémon, I've struggled with some of the final rounds against 8k Pokémon. I don't raid often, so it's nice to have something to use heals and revives on. Plus my shadow Ratata looks awesome. 

It’s a nice feature. And tuned we’ll i think for difficulty. Did 25 or so in the event today. Mostly the same stuff but did get a Dratini right at the end so happy enough. Although my potion situation is not good now. Smack down Tyranitar is the MVP of these fights!

My only issue is that I think they could have played out the introduction a little more and created a better base for future expansion as well as stories that play out in game (rather than all the external media).

I think the battle at stops could have started as more normal Pokemon game trainer battles. Swimmer Katie. Jogger Chris. Hiker Carl. Just normal trainers with normal Pokemon. Then slowly feed in Team Rocket grunts as rare occurrences with shadow Pokemon. Over time slowly ramp the Rocket occurrences before these an eventual takeover. Off the back of a takeover release something that they were guarding, capturing, etc. I.e. armoured mewtwo, or the next Ex raid boss, or a wave of new Pokemon.

They could still do this stuff but I think they’ve skipped a bunch of build up over at least a few weeks. We’ve gone from it arriving this week and now a world of it for an hour.

7 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

There will be an event between 4pm and 5pm today where all stops are then over by Team Rocket grunts. So you can go out and farm a few if you’re interested,

I am a little irritated that they give about 7 hours notice of a very, very short event.

I think that’s fair. Fortunately not too much missed here other than it being easier to find the grunts. So I think short notice for this type of thing isn’t so bad.

But it’s part of a theme with the game where in game notifications are no way near good enough. Niantic seem to assume everyone will have an alternative source of information for this stuff. Why they cannot just push notifications that include proper details about events (and I mean much more concisely than news).

I can't do any because I'm totally out or potions/revives due to always deleting them. I need another 3 hour raid event where I can hide in the lobby and stock back up on loot because spinning gyms/stops isn't working.