Pokemon Go

rgraves

26 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

Ok cool thanks.

Are Shinies more common and generally more powerful?

Very rare, just a different colour.  In terms of power etc, a shiny is no different to any other Pokemon, they spawn at random, with random IV and random CP.

My wife and I decided to do the local stops for the Team Rocket mini Event.  We managed 10 in the hour (due to running out of stops we could reach) and despite double items (you can spin the stop both before and after the grunt encounter) received about a dozen revives and no potions between 3 accounts!  Glad it wasn't a 3 hour window!

Have some time on my hands this week so just battled my first team rocket. Snorlax destroyed me, even my fighting types. I've found little in the game challenging for a long time now so this is a nice discovery.

Apparently MM metagross is a good choice. Luckily I have an eligible shiny from community day that I'm going to try. I've got a golem that ripped through the first 2 mons so add another steel type and hopefully it'll do the job.

Is there a way to figure out what they're going to use? They're all called Grunt for me, but I just paid attention to what he said for the first time. Something like "don't tangle with me", and I got 2x Bulbasaur and then a final Venusaur. It was close, but my 100% level 36 Charizard went through all 3 of them.

To an extent but not exactly

BUG – Go, my super bug Pokemon!

DARK – Wherever is a a light, there is also shadow.

DRAGON – ROAR! … How’d that sound?

ELETRIC – Get ready to be shocked!

FAIRY – Check out my cute Pokemon! 

FIGHTING – This buff physique isn’t just for show!

FIRE – Do you know how hot Pokemon fire breath can get?

FLYING – My bird Pokemon wants to battle with you!

GHOST – Ke…ke…ke…ke…ke…ke!

GRASS – Don’t tangle with us!

GROUND – You’ll be defeated into the ground!

ICE – You’re gonna be frozen in your tracks.

NORMAL – Normal doesn’t mean weak.

POISON – Coiled and ready to strike!

PSYCHIC – Are you scared of physics that use unseen power?

ROCK – Let’s rock and roll!

STEEL – You’re no match for my iron will!

WATER – These waters are treacherous!

Not shiny ones no, and I've clicked on a silly number of them. I didn't realize this Team Go Rocket thing ends soon. But disappointing, it made me go through all my Pokémon sorting out best attacking moves, etc. 

3 hours ago, mirodo said:

Does it? I thought it was a permanent thing. 

Ah, wires crossed, the Team GO Rocket has disrupted Pokémon Habitats news item says it ends Aug 1, but I think that's just the Ekans thing, reading it again. I assume the stops will be ongoing, then. 

Phew! 

4 hours ago, TehStu said:

Ah, wires crossed, the Team GO Rocket has disrupted Pokémon Habitats news item says it ends Aug 1, but I think that's just the Ekans thing, reading it again. I assume the stops will be ongoing, then. 

Phew! 

Correct

I put a Machamp on a Pokestop in Crete a week ago, and it's still there! What a waste, as it will only bring back 50 coins.

The Team Rocket pokestops are a great idea, but surprisingly hard. I tried one, took out the Golbat, but then all 3 of my team got one-shot by the Bulbasaur he pulled out 2nd. What the hell? And I've got to beat 10 of these things? I'm at 2/10 at the moment, but unless the pub across the road gets taken over I can't see myself completing this event at all.

19 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

I put a Machamp on a Pokestop in Crete a week ago, and it's still there! What a waste, as it will only bring back 50 coins.

The Team Rocket pokestops are a great idea, but surprisingly hard. I tried one, took out the Golbat, but then all 3 of my team got one-shot by the Bulbasaur he pulled out 2nd. What the hell? And I've got to beat 10 of these things? I'm at 2/10 at the moment, but unless the pub across the road gets taken over I can't see myself completing this event at all.

No one tell him it's 1000 of them for a gold medal...

1 hour ago, CheekyLee said:

you definitely need to pick the 'right' type mons with the right moves to win these Team Rocket things. For the poison one you want to use psychic. Break out those mewtwos :lol: