2 hours ago, BeeJay said:

Did you prepare a SD tyranitar at the right cp or just happen to have one?

How do you mean? It can be any CP, my top is level 40.

If you're seeing a cap on CP then it's because you have PvP teams setup under the master league. Either delete all your PvP teams or add a master (top) league one.

In case it's not clear, it's just a rubbish bug that it limits you to the CP of your max PvP team.

8 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

How do you mean? It can be any CP, my top is level 40.

If you're seeing a cap on CP then it's because you have PvP teams setup under the master league. Either delete all your PvP teams or add a master (top) league one.

In case it's not clear, it's just a rubbish bug that it limits you to the CP of your max PvP team.

Ah, ok, cheers. I just assumed that the 1500cp was the cap. I've managed to beat most of the battles with that cp cap. I might stay at that cp cap anyway, as any higher and the battles will be stupidly easy.

30 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Wait, so if you battle with lower cp Pokémon it scales down the Team Rocket Pokémon to match? I assumed what I got was down to my trainer level.

I'm not sure but I've been able to win against team rocket with <1500 cp teams.

Just now, BeeJay said:

I'm not sure but I've been able to win against team rocket with <1500 cp teams.

Interesting, I'll try that. I keep missing the local one, could do with a "Team Rocket are nearby!" type notification.

I've only ever tried with my strongest pokemon, which are all max cp for level 36. I may get a 2k at first, but it quickly goes 5k and then 8k for the final one. It's always a slog.

Hatched this beast from a 5km Egg!

E5CE612E-F1B8-4398-87C8-295BC537405D.jpeg

Also been trying to hit all the TR stops I can, had a couple of Snorlax’s to rescue after a few of them but can’t seem to catch the bigger! He looks immense all purple flamey and red eyed!

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

Wait, so if you battle with lower cp Pokémon it scales down the Team Rocket Pokémon to match? I assumed what I got was down to my trainer level.

It doesn't scale. Well typed Pokémon will do okay but I think you'll struggle if you meet the Snorlax teams

I think it does scale, my other half is a couple of levels below me and the Venusaur she had wasn't quite 8k. So perhaps not by Pokémon you choose, but by your trainer level. 

I'll know for sure next time one spawns, I've got my son's phone with me and he's only level 26. 

Edit - just trying to figure out the discrepancy between how easy and how difficult some are finding this. But it looks like at higher levels you need good Pokémon and just the right type. 

It looks like once you complete the special quest line, purified Pokémon cause you to have a raid ball bonus when you catch the next one? I had a +1 under Purifier when I caught a bulbasaur just now. 

Edit nope, just noticed it's based on new badges. Hero and Purifier. 

7 hours ago, Ballzzie said:

Does anyone get involved in raids? Seen theses a Legendary popping up but I haven’t see a raid with anyone in and that’s me walking around London. No idea how else to get these guys?!

I find getting there a few mins before the raid starts yields good results. 

I don't raid in a group but have caught pretty much all the legendaries from the raids with this method, usually during lunchtime walks around London Bridge.

8 minutes ago, Totoro said:

I find getting there a few mins before the raid starts yields good results. 

I don't raid in a group but have caught pretty much all the legendaries from the raids with this method, usually during lunchtime walks around London Bridge.

To be fair, that's arriving to the minute at a raid in one of the most populated parts of the entire world :)

there will definitely be a discord (or 10) set up for various bits of london to arrange raids and get involved in lots of cliquey drama :lol: 

Got Speedy Deoxy finally, IVs are shite but I like his noodly arms. Glad we're done with Deoxys, maybe the next ex-raid boss will actually be useful.

2 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

there will definitely be a discord (or 10) set up for various bits of london to arrange raids and get involved in lots of cliquey drama :lol: 

Got Speedy Deoxy finally, IVs are shite but I like his noodly arms. Glad we're done with Deoxys, maybe the next ex-raid boss will actually be useful.

Installed Discord a few times but it all seems to be read only groups? How does it actually work? :mellow:

Just got back into this, as I do most summers as the kids and my wife really like it. Is there a Mukkers Go friend list anywhere? I've got gifts to go round but only 4 friends! Level 33 at the moment. Got back to find that my youngest had transferred my shiny Gyarados to his Switch. Grrrr.

1 hour ago, GameplayJenny said:

2272 2904 3744 for anyone needing friends.

The stop outside my bathroom is now a gym. There's another stop right next to it. Sadly, I'm not right on the area and have to wait for GPS drift!

Added! I've added some others on here after scooting through a few pages. If anyone needs a friend, my code is 9651 0692 2958. 

Um, I just caught a Pikachu wearing a Santa's hat in the wild.

Is something messed up, or did I miss a memo?

EDIT: apparently I did miss the memo; different hat every day.

Ah ok.

Finally managed to get a Rayquaza.

Walking back from the park through Green Park station and up he popped with 18 people queued, thought why the hell not? Smashed him. Grabbed him after 4 tense throws. 3 star 2164 CP.

Would a Shiney appear Black on top of the Gym of only when you get in and fight?