7 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

You need to get to rank 10 in the battle league, then the first time you get enough wins for an encounter it's Lucha Libre Pikachu

I wasnt impressed how we got fucked over this season. 

No new pose or outfit like the seasons before just the the PokeLibre and the Hawk in rank 8.

58 minutes ago, humdrum said:

Is there a list of pokemongo players usernames from this thread? I have "Jorgemon2020" as a luck friend and just trying to track him down. what with the increased trade distance. 

Thats me!

I have lucky friends with a whole load of people right now.

I'm in London, whats the distance?

35 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

Sounds like a plan. Can't remember which of us are in Canada/USA and which are in Asia but I'm sure I have a few from each area. My trainer code is 9651 0692 2958 and Trainer name is same as on here. 

Azelf is the Americas, Mesprit EMEA and Uxie is Asia-Pacific.

1 hour ago, Totoro said:

Thats me!

I have lucky friends with a whole load of people right now.

I'm in London, whats the distance?

I think the trade distance is about 50k as mention, but I will be in Welwyn Garden City on Friday so that would put it fairly close to us being able to trade depending on north of south of the river.

Happy to try and arrange something via DM if you want?

Also up for some raids, 

training code is: 1100 7342 0291 and misses is 2870 2915 7996 

5 minutes ago, humdrum said:

I think the trade distance is about 50k as mention, but I will be in Welwyn Garden City on Friday so that would put it fairly close to us being able to trade depending on north of south of the river.

Happy to try and arrange something via DM if you want?

Also up for some raids, 

training code is: 1100 7342 0291 and misses is 2870 2915 7996 

That's 19miles away from here, so well within the 50k.

Whats your POGO name?

Sure, we can arrange something. Not really sure what i'm after, but if there is something particular you'd like let me know.

10 minutes ago, Totoro said:

That's 19miles away from here, so well within the 50k.

Whats your POGO name?

Sure, we can arrange something. Not really sure what i'm after, but if there is something particular you'd like let me know.

In game name is Maffthew, I'll have a think if there is anything I am after. I am guessing something that is worth having good stats for some something worth PVE, that or a cool shiny. :)

I've got all three of the Lake Guardian Trio and found it was pretty easy going arranging it with fellow players i already follow from instagram etc.

Can you invite people from an invite?

If so i can give people access to both if you are on my friends list!

I’m definitely up for invites to

Aself or Uxie

I’m Corranga 

6490 5566 5507

Never thought about it tbh, would be good to know if anyone in the other regions was planning to do raid hour and when it is so I could be by my phone.  I’m guessing we need to be a certain level of friends for raid invites too?

24 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

Anyone needing Uxie, I just got one through using this link. Took about 5 minutes of waiting but then got an invite. Absolute doddle. Will give it a try with Azelf once the US is awake. 

looks good but I don't think I have seen a lobby that isn't full yet

Sat here, on a bench under 2 gyms and 2 stops, on my daily poke-walk, I can't help but wish that I could take some of the busy work/admin out of the game. Every day feels like it starts with managing items and Pokémon.

I play most days for about 30mins to an hour and yet a fair chunk of the day is always taken up with doing busy work, most commonly deciding what items to bin/use and what Pokémon to keep/bin/evolve, and I can't say that I enjoy it. I enjoy raiding, catching, quests, shadow battles and lots of other aspects of the game. I don't like PvP bit for the most part I can just ignore it and it has zero impact on my enjoyment.

But managing inventory is something that HAS to be done. Every time I play I immediately delete ever normal ball I have, yet they fill up again stupidly quickly. Every day, at some point the game tells me that my Pokémon storage is full.

I actively catch very few Pokémon now because I find the act of having to delete them more annoying than catching them. Ok, so bulk delete is coming, which might help a little but the problem is more psychological than practical. FOMO means I will never delete blind, and even wading though thousands of Pokémon to transfer the low iv ones takes time. I have a rule for most Pokémon that I only keep 98%+, shiny and level 35s, which get traded if they have bad ivs.

I know it is a reality of the game but it really does hamper my enjoyment of the game.

10 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

there are some search strings that can help.

If you search 0*,1*,2* that'll bring up everything except the 3 stars and hundos so you can delete them in a big lump.

It's well worth saving up coins for expanded pokemon/item storage, or even giving the bastards real money for it :mellow:

Thanks, I am aware of the search strings. I am also maxed out on Pokémon storage. As I said, it isn't necessarily about the practicality, it is about the psychology and the time consumed in doing so. Even with the 0*,1*,2* technique there is still time taken to manually click on the ones that I want transferred. I have plenty of Pokémon that meet that criteria that I don't want to transfer so then either manual checking is required or more complex searches like (0*,1*,2*)&!shiny, (0*,1*,2*)&!lucky become needed. You can't filter out favourites either so even marking those I want to keep by favourite doesn't help the process.

All in, it means for me, catching is quicker (especially using quick catch) than deleting and therefore, more of my play time is spent deleting than catching which means I am having a net negative experience. This isn't going to be the case for everyone.

On 29/11/2020 at 12:41, Stopharage said:

Anyone needing Uxie, I just got one through using this link. Took about 5 minutes of waiting but then got an invite. Absolute doddle. Will give it a try with Azelf once the US is awake. 

I’m really out the loop. What’s this for? Do I need to be level 40, or any other prerequisites? I’m 36

Edited by disperse and recoagulate

I really like the xp buffs for excellent throws. It really makes it worth taking the extra time to line up the excellent. On my hour trip to the post office and food shopping I got over 100k xp just from catches alone. We have double xp right now which exagerates the impact but 1000xp per excellent will still be worth it when the bonus ends. While walking I can catch about 25% with excellent and while sat still about 40%. Combined with this, nanabs are now way more valuable for xp gain whereas I used to bin most of them.

The evolved spawns being back is also a good thing in my opinion. I've seen a couple of Snorlax today too.

I'm not convinced by the motivation to level up pokemon beyond 40 right now. The xl candy requirements are ridiculous but more importantly for me, the stardust requirements are still too steep in my opinion. Taking a pokemon from 40 to 50 requires 250k dust and 296 xl candy. 250k dust is still way too much for me as I don't grind and don't used a go+ any more. having said that luckies make a big difference. I have a hundo gengar which I will likely take to 50 for 125k dust and 296 xl. XL shouldn't be that hard to come by for gastly. I'll probably take a leafeon, espeon or other eevelution to 50 too as candy for that should be easy to come by too. And maybe a lucky machamp.

Yeah I'll probably do my Perfect / Shadow machamps since I've got more than enough candy and a few others. I'll laugh when we start to get murdered by lvl 50 mewtwos and shit next time Master League comes around.

Edit: actually I think I'll wait in case levelling a Mon to 50 is one of the tasks to hit lvl 44 or whatever

56 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Yeah I'll probably do my Perfect / Shadow machamps since I've got more than enough candy and a few others. I'll laugh when we start to get murdered by lvl 50 mewtwos and shit next time Master League comes around.

The thought of having to kick level 50 blisseys out of gyms is depressing and that is motivation enough to level up at least 1 machamp.