Pokemon Go

rgraves

Walked across the road to a Groudon raid this afternoon & hosted one on that site, it works so, so well.

And with the added bonus of not using a remote pass. ^_^

My Groudon was rubbish though, so I still might do another one over the weekend. 

On 22/01/2021 at 18:47, ph0rce said:

Walked across the road to a Groudon raid this afternoon & hosted one on that site, it works so, so well.

And with the added bonus of not using a remote pass. ^_^

My Groudon was rubbish though, so I still might do another one over the weekend. 

I did something simialr this evening but not for hosting, I just didn't want to waste anymore remote raid passes :P. Although I did do my very first host raid during the week with the PokeRaid app, it was initially intimidating but worked out really well since they've updated the app to work as an overlay.

Got this beauty today though:

image.thumb.png.1450876eb0be5d9fb104a0f541f5e305.png

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

I finally completed the Melton quest a few weeks ago, is there a way to get the Melton box without having the game on the Switch?

You can use the free version of Pokémon Home and send any anything across to from Go to activate your Meltan box.

Any advice on getting successful catches on raids? I use the PokeRaid app to join raids such as the Latias and Latios raids that are now happening. I've just wasted 2 remote raid passes on each one because I got nowhere with catching them. I use the golden berries and get mostly 'Great' catches but to no avail until I run out of balls. I notice this happens often if I try to get new ones that just come out during the week. I find a second attempt sometimes works if I try another day for example.

I have a local friend who said it works better when you are best friends doing the raids in which we are and I think that does hold true from what it seems. I think you also get more balls as well? I absolutely hate wasting remote passes on situations like this.

TBH you want to be getting as many excellent curveball throws with golden razzes as you can. Take your time.

There's a trick to it which I never understood how to do but there's loads of videos on youtube

You get 4 extra balls for doing raids with a best friend. The other extra balls are based on the gym being under your teams control (2?), how much damage you do (up to 3?) and how quick you beat the boss (up to 5?) so you can have up to 20.

On 25/11/2020 at 16:05, humdrum said:

In game name is Maffthew, I'll have a think if there is anything I am after. I am guessing something that is worth having good stats for some something worth PVE, that or a cool shiny. :)

hey now that extended trades are back did you wanna give this a go later? any shiny you are after? @Totoro

6 hours ago, humdrum said:

hey now that extended trades are back did you wanna give this a go later? any shiny you are after? @Totoro

Sure, let's try.

I'm after shiny:

Miltank

Rayquaza

Giratina

Registeel

Gible

Nidoking/queen

tangela

Regionals:

Heracros

Pachirisu

Chatot

Carnivine

Panpour

Sigilyph

Throh

Maractus

Let me know what you are after and I'll check.

1 hour ago, Totoro said:

Sure, let's try.

I'm after shiny:

Miltank

Rayquaza

Giratina

Registeel

Gible

Nidoking/queen

tangela

Regionals:

Heracros

Pachirisu

Chatot

Carnivine

Panpour

Sigilyph

Throh

Maractus

Let me know what you are after and I'll check.

I have a couple of shiny tangela, and a couple of spare heracross from a trip to the US back in 2017,

A shiny geodude, wingull or houndour would be cool. though hoping for a geodude from the Kanto event.

failing that any 

14 minutes ago, humdrum said:

I have a couple of shiny tangela, and a couple of spare heracross from a trip to the US back in 2017,

A shiny geodude, wingull or houndour would be cool. though hoping for a geodude from the Kanto event.

failing that any 

How about shiny Wingul for Heracross? 

I don't have the others.

Let me know a good time

Just now, Totoro said:

How about shiny Wingul for Heracross? 

I don't have the others.

Let me know a good time

Cool. I am back home now which is a bit further north but want to give it a try at 5:30pm? the distance might be a little bit further but I can also go back to Welwyn tomorrow if it is too far.  

Just now, humdrum said:

Cool. I am back home now which is a bit further north but want to give it a try at 5:30pm? the distance might be a little bit further but I can also go back to Welwyn tomorrow if it is too far.  

Sure, I'll try to initiate the trade at 5:30.

Fingers crossed! Noticed we're lucky friends as well.

7 minutes ago, humdrum said:

Trying now, maybe to far