Pokemon Go

rgraves

Having not seen any since I started playing the game, suddenly Doduos are springing up* both near my home and work. What gives? Are they common as muck and I've just missed them before?

*Only spotted on PokéAlert so far, not encountered in the app.

11 minutes ago, sdmilne said:

How rare are the 10km eggs?  I'm level 17 and still never had one.

Some discussion seems to think that only certain stops can dish them out. What is definitely known is that if you activate 10 stops inside 30 minutes the 10th will be a bonanza, giving 6 items and guaranteeing an egg if you have a spare space for one. Anecdotally, I seem to always get eggs from the same couple of stops in my daily route.

Just text my cousin in Australia, she was less than happy about my request, apparently its rife out there and PG players are considered a pest.

She said maybe when the hype dies down.

She was also on the wine, so prob the worst time to ask a favour off of her that would make her look like a nerdy lost tourist.

Worth pointing out if you are considering getting someone in Aus to grab you a Kangaskhan, they are still quite rare, and you cant both play at the same time, my son had to log out, my friend had to delete Go off his phone and re-install and then it all started working, before that it logged in, but every Pokemon just ran after 1 ball and Pokestops wouldnt let him spin them or anything.

On 9 August 2016 at 10:39, deKay said:

It's a wrapped version of the working Pokemon Go tracker I linked to a few pages back. They shut down other cloud-hosted trackers, that used the same code, simply by blocking the IP address ranges of AWS/Heroku/etc. preventing them logging in. They also used the same PTC/Google account for hundreds of people, so easily discovered.

With a self-hosted, or app version, of the code, it's a single account per user and isn't from a central bank of cloud hosted IP addresses - much harder to track and block.

That pokemon running away thing is apparently part of the anti-cheat system to stop players using location faking methods to teleport to different places to collect pokemon.

42 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Worth pointing out if you are considering getting someone in Aus to grab you a Kangaskhan, they are still quite rare, and you cant both play at the same time, my son had to log out, my friend had to delete Go off his phone and re-install and then it all started working, before that it logged in, but every Pokemon just ran after 1 ball and Pokestops wouldnt let him spin them or anything.

6 minutes ago, humdrum said:

That pokemon running away thing is apparently part of the anti-cheat system to stop players using location faking methods to teleport to different places to collect pokemon.

It's a soft ban, usually gotten from 'teleporting' great distances in a short time span. I had it when I let a mate in Amsterdam go round getting stuff for me. Well worth it though, as it's rife with water pokemon there.

12 minutes ago, humdrum said:

I've not been teleporting anywhere.

Yeah that sounds like a soft ban. Fwiw I've ran it on my iPad and phone at the same time without any issues (to evolve quicker during a lucky egg) but have since learnt this is against the ToS so won't be doing that anymore.

23 minutes ago, DirkCrisis said:

Here's hoping the 2 x 10k eggs I have on the go spawn something good and not a pidgey and a zubat.

10K eggs can't hatch Pidgys and Zubats, never fear :). The worst (as in, most common) you'll get is an Eevee. And even then it'll have decent IVs enough to be worth evolving.

Edit: Just realised you can hatch Jynx from a 10k. That would be pretty bad.