Pokemon Go

rgraves

4 hours ago, DirkCrisis said:

Got a rattata out of a 2km egg FFS. There's a load of supposedly common Pokemon I haven't yet seen. Why don't I get them?

Here's hoping the 2 x 10k eggs I have on the go spawn something good and not a pidgey and a zubat.

To be fair, it will most likely be the best rattata you ever find. 

In other news, the new spawn point outside my house doesn't just spawn 'karp, it spawns Dratini too!

These are my top mons currently. Just turned level 21 with a massive evolve session. Pretty happy with them considering I'm out in the country.

image.png

15 minutes ago, John0 said:

Well folks, it's big decision time

Hide contents

Screenshot_20160810-183446.png

Screenshot_20160810-183741.png

Never thought I'd put so much mental, and physical, effort into Magikarp.

What are their stats?

If you're level 23 then the bottom one is almost perfect..

12 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

I've finally broken my run of 4 zubats from 2km eggs..... with a god damn pidgey!  This game is definitely trolling me now.  Can't remember the last time I had something decent from an egg :(

With the exception of the starters and Pikachu the 2k eggs mainly have common as muck mons in them.  Theres a list on Eurogamer but basically I am only hatching 2k eggs now to try and get a Pikachu and Bulbar - thats a 2 in 13 chance

I have yet to get lucky

22 minutes ago, acidbearboy said:

Is the most I can earn by holding a gym 10 pokecoins, regardless of how long I keep it? Meaning the only way to earn more than 10 pokecoins per 21 hours is to hold multiple gyms when claiming your reward? 

Yes - most I've managed is to claim 5 gyms, but the game is obviously designed to encourage turnover. I've had one on a gym for almost a week now, small villages are great if you've a team and can get a 3G signal.

4 hours ago, NexivRed said:

What are their stats?

If you're level 23 then the bottom one is almost perfect..

Their names are the ranges (in %) that the IV checker I downloaded gives. But yeah I'm level 23, how come you think it's perfect? Is that what the Silph checker says?

7 hours ago, John0 said:

Their names are the ranges (in %) that the IV checker I downloaded gives. But yeah I'm level 23, how come you think it's perfect? Is that what the Silph checker says?

Yeah, I moved the sliders around best I could without knowing your level, and the resulting IVs are near perfect. Haven't checked the other, but evolve the best, even if it means having to power it up more. 

Saw this this morning. Yowza! First 3K+ I've seen....

image.png

9 hours ago, MagicalDrop said:

Yes - most I've managed is to claim 5 gyms, but the game is obviously designed to encourage turnover. I've had one on a gym for almost a week now, small villages are great if you've a team and can get a 3G signal.

I'm visiting a friend in Cornwall and there's a gym 50m from her house I reckon I could take, but I can't get a phone signal there and it's just outside of wifi range!

24 minutes ago, Superfamifreak said:

Most gyms I've had at one time was 4. Guess I'm lucky though, I have 3 within 100 yards of the house. Loads of other Team Instinct round here, so the gyms are pretty much always yellow.

Yeah I always found if i hold onto a gym for more than 20 minutes then someone will take it, so i try and cash in asap.

It was quite funny yesterday when i was attacking a gym - both mystic and instinct where attacking it and myself (valor) and i managed to get it long enough to claim my 10 coins.

Another day off and instead of having a lie in I'm up at 7am to go out Pokemon hunting. :lol:

Quiet out today because it's quite dreek today. Very windy along by the beach. No great catches just more fodder for my evolve pile. Another Meowth from my 5k egg followed by a Magikarp. Worked off 6k from my one and only 10k egg. Knowing my luck that'll be an Eevee. Level 16 now too. 

There's a guy in two of the town's gyms. He has a CP 2000+ Venasaur in one and a 2500+ Vaporeon in the other. <_<

21 hours ago, John0 said:

I got a gym down the road from my work up to Level 6 yesterday and just pushed it up to 7 at lunch. It's been Mystic for about 24 hours now. Best performing gym I've been involved in yet. o>

Well the good news is that this gym is now at level 8. The bad news is that my trainer pokemon that I put on it (1000 CP Nidoking) somehow got kicked off and I've run out of potions :(.

Lesson learnt, never put a trainer pokemon on a quite high level gym, just use whatever's there and try to find type advantages against it. Also stop deleting potions.

I don't understand how this IV calculator works.

https://thesilphroad.com/research

I am a level 15 trainer with a Staryu which has the below stats.

CP: 343

HP: 36

PU: 1600 / 2

That calculator yields four possible outcomes depending on where I place the slider. If I use this IV checker instead I get a result with a maximum outcome of 95.6% but this checker doesn't even ask me for the trainer level. So which one should I be using?

I think that's because a 10CP pokemon is absolute rock bottom, hence it being difficult to assess. I'm sure if you powered it up some, the calculator would work properly with updated stats. They're only estimates after all. 

I basically work off the CP curve. If it is near the end, your pokemon is worth running through a IV calc. Otherwise I just transfer them automatically. 

I've been reading a bit about IVs today, as I was confused at why my two Karp on the previous page gave different results with different checkers.

My advice is, if you're on Android I would download "IV Checker for Pokemon Go". It has an overlay which includes functionality to pinpoint the pokemon's exact level. And then gives you all the potential integer values for ATT, STA and DEF that it could have. From what I've read that's the most accurate way to do it without violating the ToS. If you're not on Android try and download something similar, or use pokeassistant.com. There will be more values on that site because it can't determine the exact pokemon level.

Also, it's useful to know that the levels go up in halfs, and a pokemon's current max level is your own level plus 1.5. So if you're level 23 and you've maxed out your Flareon (for eg) it'll be level 24.5.