Nioh - Feudal Souls

MW_Jimmy

Some days I just think, fuck off

I'll come back to it another day

This is the first level I haven't really enjoyed. It contains all of the things in the SoulsBorn universe that I hate, specifically cunty environmental death (Dark Souls 2 I'm looking at you). Really tight sections with a pixel roll in the wrong direction, dead. The chaps a ninja but can't fucking swim.  

I also don't get the logic of the boss battle

fire beats water?

Yeah that one hit boss kill move it a bit shitty, especially when he hits it straight away. It's fairly easily dodged once you see it coming. 

That's the level I struggled with too, fighting giant Yokai on narrow platforms and rooftops where one dodge will drown you got old pretty quick.

2 hours ago, englishbob said:

Some days I just think, fuck off

I'll come back to it another day

This is the first level I haven't really enjoyed. It contains all of the things in the SoulsBorn universe that I hate, specifically cunty environmental death (Dark Souls 2 I'm looking at you). Really tight sections with a pixel roll in the wrong direction, dead. The chaps a ninja but can't fucking swim.  

I also don't get the logic of the boss battle

Reveal hidden contents

fire beats water?

Yep. On that at the moment. Only thing I've not enjoyed, the narrow path instadeath is a terrible design decision. I hope I don't see another level like this again

I don't get the hate for the sunken shrine level, thought it had a great atmosphere. The key is to lure enemies to more stable, wider ground before taking them on. I think I only drowned once by taking my time. I agree with Umi-bozu though, that beam comes out of nowhere and has the same start up animation as when he's about to leap out of the water. One of two bosses I've called for back up on so far, but then I didn't know to light the three torches beforehand so was making it needlessly hard for myself... :unsure:

Just defeated Umi-Bozi; what an excellent fight & indeed level that was. 

Took me a while to find the final torch, turned out I'd basically been past it once, and not noticed the ladder. 

The boss battle itself was brilliant, possibly my favourite one so far. Only hairy point is when you have to deal with the multiple enemies at once, but that's what the Guardian Spirit is for ( or fire bombs ). :D

So I'm pretty close to wrapping up Dark Souls 2 on my PS3. And I'm wavering between this and Bloodborne for the PS4. Maybe even DS3 but alas time and money means I have to pick one (for now) I hate those what should I get type posts but....well, what should I get? Itching for some next/current gen Souls or Souls like action.

Oh I can't get enough of the formula. I've finished Demon and Dark Souls and almost Dark souls 2. I've went and pulled the trigger on Bloodborne. I'm pulling an all-nighter and will hopefully wrap up DS2 and as long as my download speed stays as is, will be putting a little play in on Bloodborne before sun up.

It's good to be alive.

.....YOU DIED.

Tbh no. I have the dlc for Dark Souls but never figured out how to activate it. Something to do with killing the Hydra and something something. I'll go back to it some day. I'll certainly get the dlc for DS2 but I'm itching for some Souls on my PS4 Pro so will come back to the dlc on my PS3 when there's a drought on some day. I'll still be playing these games in ten, twenty years time. Love the beautiful desolation.

Literally just did the sunken shrine/boss myself.

Thought it was great! Don't get the hate for the environment or the boss TBH.

Having insta-death around you adds a layer of tension to every fight. You have to be careful and be aware of where the dangers are; no mashing dash away for free. I fell in the water myself a couple of times but I was to blame. I knew the holes were there and just panic dashed to my death as opposed to trying to block it out or drawing enemies to a better spot.

As for the boss I thought it was quite cool, with some interesting ideas. 

The decision to make regarding using the torches to imbue your sword for damage vs keeping them on to kill the minor enemies but do less damage. I actually went for the latter with my own magic imbuing.

I personally thought the beam was fairly well telegraphed, you just have to be careful...He's a huge boss you can borderline wail on for free. This makes it easy to become complacent and that's when you get caught. 

14 hours ago, Janski said:

Yeah that one hit boss kill move it a bit shitty, especially when he hits it straight away. It's fairly easily dodged once you see it coming. 

That's the level I struggled with too, fighting giant Yokai on narrow platforms and rooftops where one dodge will drown you got old pretty quick.

I liked that level, but man, I drowned so many times.

That one hit kill move is well telegraphed & easy to avoid, yeah it'll get you the first time of course, and maybe the second but after that, if you get caught it's definitely your own fault. :P

Assuming you're right up in his big fat face that is, if you were at distance I can imagine it'd be a lot harder to get out of the way.

I stuck to pressing square twice, instead of three times for the battle, so that I had enough time to react to the next attack. 

The worst bit by far was the second form, dodging that full body attack was really difficult for me, I finished the fight with no Elixer left & under half health. 

21 minutes ago, ph0rce said:

The worst bit by far was the second form, dodging that full body attack was really difficult for me, I finished the fight with no Elixer left & under half health. 

Yep, focussed on main blob and used about 20 bombs plus a bit of living weapon and he was down pretty quick.

Just finished next main level (3rd region) and found that whole level and boss fairly easy by comparison. :)

6 minutes ago, Moz said:

First one was alright,  second one has a lock-on camera orientation busting magnetic foot and can close the entire distance of the arena quicker than you can use any of the usable items, so it's pretty tedious

Assuming we're talking about the same boss, there's plenty of scope for using items as she has huge pauses after some of the combos & of course, everything is avoidable with the right timing. 

You just need to learn the patterns, and not get greedy / stupid. Audio cues are pretty helpful in this fight, particularly to avoid the status effects. 

But to come out with such an idiotic first comment after only seeing two bosses is just plain dumb, sorry. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Moz said:

First one was alright,  second one has a lock-on camera orientation busting magnetic foot and can close the entire distance of the arena quicker than you can use any of the usable items, so it's pretty tedious

You just need to know which attacks give you enough time to heal/attack after dodging them.

Bosses are good. Not Bloodborne good, but very good. 

I'm well up for the Plat in this - but looking at stuff like 'find all the onsen' is going to drive me mad as there doesn't seem to be a way to see how many you've checked off, unlike the kodama.

Speaking of onsen (area 4 spoilers):

Spoiler

Just completed the sub mission at the bath house, loving some of the sub mission exclusive levels in this! Spirited Away gone very wrong. That final raven tengu/flying bolt tag team can do one though - the tengu is way too fast and then the bolt casts the slowdown nerf. Got done in the end by jammy spamming of my living weapon, but it wasn't a satisfying victory.

Got my Scorpion grab now, it's just filthy for humans, interesting on Yokai.  

Also unlocked the combo finishers so can either end in an extra hit plus a back-dodge or two extra hits. 

Discovered I can do the main combo twice before I run out of stamina, no room for a triangle if I do that though. 

Reforge question; my current Kusarigama of choice has Earth damage on it, if I was to roll that stat, would it change to a different element or just change to one of the normal variations?

The mission after Umi-Bozi was excellent, right up until the laughable boss fight. 

Seriously, what a load of rubbish. I kept waiting for something to happen, and then it was over. She barely touched me throughout the whole battle. 

Bet whatever is coming next is horrendous to make up for it. :lol:

9 hours ago, ph0rce said:

The mission after Umi-Bozi was excellent, right up until the laughable boss fight. 

Seriously, what a load of rubbish. I kept waiting for something to happen, and then it was over. She barely touched me throughout the whole battle. 

Bet whatever is coming next is horrendous to make up for it. :lol:

Same with me. I beat that boss on my first try and yeah the one after that is bloody hard :)