Nioh - Feudal Souls

MW_Jimmy

How do you unlock Sloth?  I thought it was after the Onymo Magic mission

Want to see what all the fuss is about with it on the bat lady

Upto the second area now, but spent an hour or so helping out on the first boss.  I cant believe how many times I watched the cutscene, dont people attempt the boss themselves before asking for help

Will be getting the season pass for sure

So glad I bought another PS4 now

And I'm done! :wub:

All side missions apart from those last two that unlock after the credits, had a look at both, laughed my balls off & branched out of there. :hat:

Rest of the stuff is in spoilers, just for safety:

The Boss Rush was easy peasy, even the Nue who I hated first time round, no deaths. 

Nobunaga was straightforward enough, as was Kelley, beat both first time. 

The dragons were excellent, but again not much of a challenge, took two goes. 

The boss of the final mission though, was a tricky fucker. First phase is fine, as is the second but once he sits down for the second time & carries on attacking while the eyes are zapping you, that's a real pain.

Had about six goes, all ending with getting caught after taking 80% of his health off, so mad. 

In the end, once I'd cleared the first set of eyes, I just used the 'block & mash triangle' special move & it killed him before he even got back up. 

It is an absolutely amazing game, sure to be one of the games of the year already but it is definitely easier than the Souls series of games, perhaps something which the DLC will rectify. 

One thing that's slightly, slightly niggling me is the game's tendency to create artificial difficulty in some of the missions, by just spawning those insufferable elemental skull heads around dick-kicker enemies.

Like, fuck off back to Doom 1, you floaty projectile spitting tossers. Let me fight my dick kickers in peace.

42 minutes ago, Jonzo said:

One thing that's slightly, slightly niggling me is the game's tendency to create artificial difficulty in some of the missions, by just spawning those insufferable elemental skull heads around dick-kicker enemies.

Like, fuck off back to Doom 1, you floaty projectile spitting tossers. Let me fight my dick kickers in peace.

I don't mind those. I think it's nice to sometimes have a bit more to consider than just the larger enemy, means you need to strategize a bit in order to take them all on. Plus they go down easily.

Good points. I just find them a bit annoying.

Not as annoying as the mini cyclopses (not hard, just mischievous and trolly in a really annoying way), the fire wheels, the umbrellas, or the ninjas though.

Worth noting that later in the game the flaming skulls actually nerf your weapon by 'buffing' it with an element the accompanying Yokai is resistant to. So its advisable to switch weapons real quick and remove the flames.

Frog is down! Was doing OK to just beyond half way mark and I nearly blew it. Still, glad it is over. I didn't mind the boss, but the path from shrine to boss was fucking tedious, the worst yet. Next stage is full of cunty fire wheel heads, but already at the next boss for later.

I've got all sorts turning up this week but I really don't know how I will be able to put this game down, I absolutely love it. I'm pretty sure it's in my top games ever.

65 hours in and I still feel like I'm just learning.

As I'm coming towards the end of the main campaign though, I feel like the game is getting too easy. I'm almost 15 levels behind the 'recommended' level but I'm still blitzing some missions.

As soon as you put levelling in a game I imagine it makes it 10 times harder to balance. I'm hoping the hard mode that comes along really makes the game about kicking your ass regardless of level.

Had another run in with my old mate Nue last night guys.

This time I fought him in a cramped area near the White Tiger boss, he was a lot more of a dick. Basically the whole area can be covered in yokai puddles if you're not careful and don't shut down his attacks. But once I remembered his patterns, chucked a bit of lightning resist armour on, ducked and bobbed and weaved, my dual swords snapped that goggly eyed cunt like a fucking Kitkat.

Had a couple of pops on white tiger, he really doesn't seem that bad. That claw combo can definitely be easily blocked.

OH GOD and there was one awful bit with a crystal, an axe demon yokai, and a lickitung yokai. That took me way longer than it should. but i couldn't get in and destroy the crystal quick enough!

Game of the fucking year.

Took a break from this for a few nights.

Got up to the Ice/Snow bitch. ..seems hard! I will try the cannon as recommended, but Zelda is looming!

There are far too many good games these days and not enough time!

Too many games at the moment coming out I agree. Nier next week, then its Dark Souls 3 DLC at the end of the month. Mass Effect too

We shouldn't be complaining later on in the year with the games drought, there will be plenty of £20 bargains to be had. 

Even though I've fallen out of love with Nintendo since the GameCube (crap overload), if you are getting Zelda then I would play that over anything, and experience it whilst everyone else is. Enjoy

Spot on Goemon. Block the ice shards. Consider loading up on heavy-ish gear so you can absorb more blocks.

She normally follows up her sword slashes with an ice pound, which can one hit kill. Get in the practice of moving away from her as soon as she attacks, in case she does the ice pound. The sword fling, when she throws her sword is easy to dodge left or right. it doesn't track very well.

In the second phase of the fight, keep. your. distance. Get hit with that sword stab and she'll bully up on you. Keep your distance, block the ice shards, get in for a hit, MAYBE two, when she whiffs her stabby dash. As long as you keep your distance in this phase you should be fine.

The best time to wail on her is after the ice pound, and after she whiffs the stab dash.

Good luck mate. She is an icy mistress and won't hesitate to put cold shards in your arse if you don't respect her.

Thanks, I bottled it and summoned someone in the end as I was not having fun. I wear light armour and I didn't suddenly want to completely change my playstyle to be able to take out a boss just because her ice shards are near impossible to dodge, at least in DS or BB every type of build is viable in some way even if some are more effective than others. I did almost kill her on my own at one point playing how I wanted but when I failed the constant 10 second fights and the long run back got to me.

The damage you take on Ki is determined but how much you have put into the heart stat, not the equipment you have on.

It's totally viable to be able to block attacks using light armour. 

It's about assessing what and how much you can block. 

What you can't; you need to learn to avoid.

I really like the look of this but I'm worried it might be a bit hard for me. I manage the Souls games alright, but often need to summon help with bosses. Can you grind to over level a bit like you can in From games?

Just now, Bazjam said:

I really like the look of this but I'm worried it might be a bit hard for me. I manage the Souls games alright, but often need to summon help with bosses. Can you grind to over level a bit like you can in From games?

Yep,

Game is my GOTY so far, love it

So my quest to finish this before Zeldas arrival has failed! Really surprised at how much content there is... if anything dare I say that it possibly has too many main missions.

I also genuinely haven't got a bloody clue what's going on plot wise even though I'm near the end.

Despite these criticisms it's still been one hell of a gaming experience! Up there with the souls games but definitely it's own thing. 

15 minutes ago, Goemon said:

The damage you take on Ki is determined but how much you have put into the heart stat, not the equipment you have on.

It's totally viable to be able to block attacks using light armour. 

It's about assessing what and how much you can block. 

What you can't; you need to learn to avoid.

Heart is my highest stat it's at 23 or 24 but I can barely block anything without all my ki running out so I prefer to try and dodge. I think I've played too much Bloodborne, blocking just isn't ingrained to my playstyle.

Everyone abandoned this for Zelda and Horizon then? :(

I reached the end game a while ago and the meta game of Nioh has really opened up with the introduction of divine gear. The harder twilight missions are a real challenge, got hammered by twilight Ibuki mountain today, even with co-op help.

Has anyone got a good method of farming poo for that guy in Edo castle?

Good man. Yuki-onna's definitely one of the harder bosses in the game, but blocking her combos and then retaliating was a good way to whittle her down. Like Hino-enma she has a good few audio cues tied to her ice breath, ice explosion and combos, so it helped to play with headphones.

I'm still playing though I've just finished the third area and feel it's getting rather repetitive possibly because there's too much content and I can't leave an area without doing all the side missions because OCD. It's still fun but rather tiring fighting the same Yokai enemies over and over again and playing the same maps