IGNORED

Nioh - Feudal Souls

MW_Jimmy

The platinum dropped for me yesterday! ^_^

For anyone else struggling with the 60 requests at the blacksmith trophy, it's not nearly as much of a grind when you reach NG+, where soul matching and reforging for all the cool new weapons you get means you're spending more time at the bloody blacksmith than actually in the levels themselves.

So there we go. Brilliant game and can't wait for the DLC. I don't know how much you guys know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert) but honour and shame are hu but there are always precisely two Nioh guardian statues outside any given temple. So here are @Spainkiller and myself, protecting the high realm of rllmuk from evil.

Nio statues Japan.jpg

(I'm the elegant one on the left; Spainkiller's the shorter, slightly tubbier one on the right)

1 hour ago, BedroomBusinessman said:

Just the patronage and co op trophies left for me. Any tips for the patronage one? I'm at 25 currently.

Spend lots at the blacksmith

If you havent already done so, do the prologue mission in NG+ and then talk to Tome and Murasama.  You should get 14 or so more points to use

16 hours ago, Jonzo said:

Great fight mate, I actually found him one of the hardest bosses but you rekt him good and proper.

Thanks. I think this game does require a lot of chopping and changing of styles, weapons and stances to get through the bosses. It has variety that is for sure. I struggle on the bosses where it ends up with you frame-counting to see if you can get a block or health regen opportunity. Some bosses are really harsh in that respect. 

This chap's regular moves where a lot slower than some of the others, he took long pauses in between attacks. Apart from when he powered up in yellow, then he became like all the rest. Died a few times I can tell you, but maybe just under double figures.

3 more trophies needed for the platinum.  Spears and Axe mystic arts and All missions.  Think I have 2 twilight missions to go and the 2 dojo mystic arts ones once I get the weapons to 500k proficiency (which takes about 45 mins each)

Then it will be time to get properly stuck into NG+ and level up my gear

Cant wait for the DLC to drop

Love this game so much

2 hours ago, Mr Cochese said:

I killed Derrick, then confronted Richard O'Brian.

You'll be exploring plenty of 'crystal mazes' later, don't worry! :lol:

1 hour ago, MikeF said:

How many Twilight missions are there?  According to my stats I have done 8 so far.  Its the last thing I need to finish for the platinum

One more to go!

10 hours ago, Let us measure said:

You'll be exploring plenty of 'crystal mazes' later, don't worry! :lol:

One more to go!

Cheers, it came around in todays rotation.  Platinum achieved.  Now to farm for better gear to upgrade my stuff before the DLC

11 hours ago, Mr Cochese said:

I have absolutely no idea what is going on. Think I sort of get the stances, but then it started banging on about titles and samurai points. Loot is as overwhelming to deal with as expected, but at least it's easy to get rid of stuff.

Stances are pretty much optional, if you choose to ignore them.

I played all the first third in normal stance with a spear & then the rest in low stance with the Kusarigama.

Just get used to junking almost everything you pick up; either via a Shrine to earn Amrita & items or via the Blacksmith to get materials.

11 hours ago, Mr Cochese said:

I have absolutely no idea what is going on. Think I sort of get the stances, but then it started banging on about titles and samurai points. Loot is as overwhelming to deal with as expected, but at least it's easy to get rid of stuff.

Wait until the story kicks in! 

11 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

Also, am I right in assuming that fighting the revenants is a good idea? Are they AI controlled ghosts of other players or something.

Some are AI and others will be ghosts of players who have died

After killing them you get glory and any gear they drop

5 hours ago, Mr Cochese said:

I love that they made William Irish, because obviously it makes so much more sense for an Irish guy's home village to have a guardian spirit that brings you back to life each time you die.

I'm pretty sure early on in the game, because he was speaking English, he had no idea what was going on because its all in Japanese.

Fast forward a few hours, Japanese NPC's are having full blown dialogue with him and he hasn't a fucking clue what is going on. 

Anyway, new patch out. Says on the patch notes "new missions"

Shamelessly stolen from the Nioh wiki

10 New Missions added (Official Names Pending)

Sword Sister's Youngest Brother [Dojo Mission]

Transfer

Two Shadows 

Iga Stream

Amusement's Entertainment

The Rest of the Darkness

Pandemonium

Wandering and Falling

Lonely Sword

Collection of Crumbs

Each Mission Requires you beat previous missions that those bosses are in

New Smithing Texts

New Titles

Pressing the "options" will now pause the game (Disabled during multiplayer)

Add the following setting under "Game basic setting" of "System menu"

Enable/Disable: Auto center camera when no target is locked on

Enable/Disable "display level instead of performance on equipment"???

A menu allowing the player to change the color of rarities [Colorblind options]

Maximum possession limit of Smithing Materials expanded to 9999 [Personal inventory]

Added the ability to move items in the equipment screen (item jump?)

Adjustments were made Living Weapon gage recovery when in Living weapon state.

You will regain less gage the longer you stay in Living Weapon.

Along with the above adjustment, Living Weapon Tenacity was increase.

Changes and Adjustments

Suzaku was made less effective in general (doesn't specific how). [Confirmed Nerf by Asian Region Players]

Suzaku Guardian Spirit clears status aliments upon activation.

Stance change Ki Pulse will now cancel a normal Ki Pulse.

Adjusted of the attack power granted and duration of "Carnage Talisman"

Adjusted of the attack power granted and duration of "Power Pill"

Adjusted the damage of the Axe Mystic Art "Intensity"

Quick-Change Scroll activation will remove status aliments.

Adjusted the damage of the Sword Mystic Art "Sword of Execution"

Adjusted the Ki consumption of the Kusarigama Weapon Skill "Crimson Flurry"

Adjusted the rate that debuffs are applied via throwing weapons.

Adjusted made to Fire Talisman, Water Talisman, Earth Talisman and Wind Talisman.

Adjusted the range of the Axe skill "Earth Carver"

Adjustments were made to the camera angles in The Tower of London

Adjustment to the effects that activate on critical condition.

Adjusted glory for clan battles

Increase Glory for personal ranking in Clan Battles

Reduce clans winning and winning rewards Mohri

Changes where made to the following clans (either rewards or passive)

Toyotomi

Utakita

Murakami

Maori

Saika

Mohri

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug that caused players who died at the same times as the boss to not receive mission rewards.

Fixed a Bug where glory acquired was not being applied to glory contributed to clans.

Fixed a bug where players received the wrong reward for the personal ranking they in clan battles.

Fixed a bug relating to attacking opponents who had the fire debuff.

Fixed bug that Mimics attack power was not scaling to the level.

Fixed a bug that "Titles Collected" in the gameplay records would not reach 100%

Fixed a bug that prevented "Hide helmet" from working correctly in online multiplayer.

Fixed a bug that allowed for enemies to be repeatedly knocked up when already airborne.

Fixed a bug with Oda Nobunaga that caused the AI move erratically when the weapon skill "Backwave" was canceled early.

Fixed a bug that caused certain bosses not to spawn if holding at bow at the start of the fight.

Nice little update there. I had just put the disc away to try and move onto something else but will be back to try out my newly forged Nami-oyogi Kanemitsu +4 against some of these new side missions. :wub:

EDIT: Erm, just found out that one of the side missions is -

Spoiler

Otani + Ishida with Sakon Shima joining at some point in the middle

Kindly fuck off.

There's a book of reincarnation you can buy at the blacksmith's which completely resets your character - you get all your amrita and skill points back and you can basically redistribute from scratch. They get progressively more expensive the more you buy however. But it does mean it's impossible to mess up your build in this game.