IGNORED

Nioh - Feudal Souls

MW_Jimmy

Hino Enma is definitely a spike. The game is testing to see if you know the difference between block and dodge. Dodge her paralysing screams and flying charges (listening for the audio cues is crucial here), but block her close combat combos and punish afterwards. If you try to dodge the melee attacks you'll get caught as i-frames work differently here to Souls. Take your time, you'll get her. And wear your best anti-paralysis gear!

Platinum collected today. Great gameplay, particularly enjoyed the human bosses. Hopefully this gets a sequel, only change I'd like is the method the story was delivered. I had little to no idea what was going on for 90% of the game, I guess the structure (separate levels)  is one of the main reasons for this. On the flip side I loved to separate levels for quickly fitting in a mission before work etc.

41 minutes ago, Let us measure said:

Hino Enma is definitely a spike. The game is testing to see if you know the difference between block and dodge. Dodge her paralysing screams and flying charges (listening for the audio cues is crucial here), but block her close combat combos and punish afterwards. If you try to dodge the melee attacks you'll get caught as i-frames work differently here to Souls. Take your time, you'll get her. And wear your best anti-paralysis gear!

Yeah, I have the idea down, just the execution. Getting there though... 

Just ventured back into this game for a “quick peek”

Next thing I know 3 hours have passed, I’m sitting with a cold, undrunk cup of tea and I’m late for work!

Went into a mission…Is it one of the new ones?

It’s a boss rush of:

Ogress

Juro Gumo

Hino Enma

Eydol

I was like – Challenge Accepted!

Finally took them down, felt good!

I’ve missed this game!

Still haven't got that far in yet, due to Zelda and life. The level design so far really reminds me of God Hand, of all things, more than it does Souls. I suspect the combat will feel much more fluid once I've unlocked more of the active ki pulse techniques, as doing a ki pulse currently often results in a stab to the face.

I personally think the aim is to get the first Tengu out of the way before the other spawns.

The 2nd Tengu spawns later and walks slowly over to where you're fighting. 

The way I did it was AS SOON as I killed the last enemy I buffed myself with magic that drastically raises Attack at the expense of Defense so I could to pummel the first one as he spawned in. I had him at half a bar before he started moving. It's totally possible to lynch the first before the second one gets to you.

Finished this last night (well, all the main story missions including the one post credits) and I absolutely loved it. It's not as clever as the From Software games and doesn't have that all nice interconnectedness and blink-and-you'll-miss-'em touches going on but the combat is absolutely outstanding.

Personally, I prefer it to the Souls games. Probably not a popular opinion but it rewards being on the front foot and getting stuck in which I just find a bit more engaging than tentatively sneaking around with a shield up. 

It's a bit of a shame that a lot of the weaker bosses are at the beginning as I expect some players will get stuck and then be put off. Some in the last third of the game, particularly the human/humanoid ones, are some of the best bosses I've ever fought. Nothing that quite knocks Bloodborne's Lady Maria off the top spot for me but there's certainly more than one that's reminiscent of the toe-to-toe intensity of that battle. A good three or four times I finished a fight feeling like my heart was about to beat its way out of my chest. Nothing quite feels like overcoming a bastard boss, does it?

So yeah, highly recommend. Especially if like me you found Souls a little slow and Bloodborne completely perfect. Doesn't quite touch the later for me, but could easily be knocking around the top of my GotY lists (except it's 2017, so who knows). Just don't ask me to try and explain what's going on in the cutscenes because I haven't a bloody clue.

Platinum trophy get! 8-)

A Meeting On The Other Shore was just as much of a bitch as The Two Kings. But after that I spent a bit of time farming the first 3/4 Dojo Masters in Marobashi for loot and I eventually ended up completing it fully. Took about 2 nights of farming gold to get the Blacksmiths up to 60 requests. 

Also, how are people this good (The Return of The Gourd, no damage):

After getting a bit fucked off with this. I finally went back and did a bunch of Twilight missions, then beasted those Raven Tengu cunts. Then the ship boss shows up. Still, he was piss in comparison.

On 31/03/2017 at 11:15, Meh said:

The next boss will make you rage. I hated the shit out of it. Also the side-mission with

Reveal hidden contents

two raven tengu at the same time

can fuck right off. I mean what the fuck.

Which boss was this? I'm at least two on from there now.

3 hours ago, LiMuBai said:

Platinum trophy get! 8-)

A Meeting On The Other Shore was just as much of a bitch as The Two Kings. But after that I spent a bit of time farming the first 3/4 Dojo Masters in Marobashi for loot and I eventually ended up completing it fully. Took about 2 nights of farming gold to get the Blacksmiths up to 60 requests. 

Also, how are people this good (The Return of The Gourd, no damage):

Man, that video is a parry lovers heaven! Super Impressive!

At the same time though the guy is doing SERIOUS damage! He kills the kills bosses in like 1-2 sequences, so he must have a super high character level. I'm wondering if the new hard mode will address this kind of thing. Ideally you want hard mode scaling with you constantly so it's a tough challenge regardless of your level.

Watching this video makes me want to play the game again so bad, got other stuff to finish first though.

/first world problems

Yes, true. I dabbled with the Kingo set, but I just can't get on without that Red Demon's agility bonus now! The difference in speed and maneuvering possibilities is night and day. I am sadly aware that everyone and their mum uses the Red Demon set; hoping for another high-agility set with a katana focus in the DLC.

I wonder what level the DLC areas are going to be though. I'm currently 140 and struggling with some of the super-hard bonus missions they added, but that's because I haven't been putting much effort in waiting for the DLC obv. :coffee: