IGNORED

Nioh - Feudal Souls

MW_Jimmy

On 5/2/2017 at 17:57, Curtis said:

I have 250,000 Glory, so first thing I'm doing is buying all the female skins. :)

*edit* There seems to be another update. Since the 6GB from this morning.

250,000!!

I've got like 1500 :s How do you have so much?

No one playing the DLC?

I took down the first boss this morning, was a great fight but tough for sure! I think mainly because I'm quite under leveled for the mission (it's 150 and I'm 124) and I'm a light armour wearer so he could literally kill me in 1-2 hits. Reminded me of the Orgress Fight as he has a run up/slash move that continuously caught me out.

I've come back into this game and I can't remember some things since finishing it.

What's the deal with legendary gear again, how do you level it up?

Where do you find out what bonuses you get for wearing a full armour set? I just happened to get a set that suits me perfectly but I'm not aware of the bonus I'm getting.

9 hours ago, Goemon said:

250,000!!

I've got like 1500 :s How do you have so much?

No one playing the DLC?

I took down the first boss this morning, was a great fight but tough for sure! I think mainly because I'm quite under leveled for the mission (it's 150 and I'm 124) and I'm a light armour wearer so he could literally kill me in 1-2 hits. Reminded me of the Orgress Fight as he has a run up/slash move that continuously caught me out.

I've come back into this game and I can't remember some things since finishing it.

What's the deal with legendary gear again, how do you level it up?

Where do you find out what bonuses you get for wearing a full armour set? I just happened to get a set that suits me perfectly but I'm not aware of the bonus I'm getting.

I'm going to jump into the DLC soon, haven't bought the season pass yet but will pick it up to coincide with the release of the Future Press guide on the 19th!

Green divine gear (is that what you mean?) can only be leveled by soul-matching it to a piece that is the same level or higher, e.g. +2 katana plus +2 katana = +3 katana. You can soul-match different types of weapon too but it becomes more expensive.

Press L2/R2 on the equip screen to flip between stats/description/bonuses for your gear.

Dismantle higher level stuff and sell the rest, I never really kept anything more than what I was using until post-game. Donating it is a waste of time as you'll only get a couple of elixirs for your trouble.

EDIT: Unless you've reached max familiarity with a weapon that has a transferable skill you would like to keep through soul-matching! But again, you really don't need to start worrying about this until you pick up divine gear.

Offering at a shrine gets you Amrita. The rarer the item, the more Amrita you get.

You should always do some maintenance on your store every mission or 2, I never went above 100 items working like this. I would just go in, sell some stuff, dismantle some stuff, soul match etc. I personally consider it part of the game loop where you stock take your items and optimise what you have to make sure you're using the best setup.

• 2 weeks later...

No one playing the DLC of this then?

I'm at the last boss now, I've really enjoyed it.

Futher to this, after like 120 hours, I've finally decided to switch out one of my weapons!

I've moved from Axe to Spear.

Its taken a bit of getting used to but now I'm kinda getting to grips with it!

I've literally just realised the fact that you CAN'T ki pluse stance switch in high stance! >< this was screwing me over a lot

However I've just started using the "push back" skill off a successful ki pulse instead.

Well, that changed everything! It's totally possible to go; attack, gtfo, attack, gtfo etc. Really allows you to bully human enemies, as every successful loop you're draining their ki.

was really cool to see a new technique in the different weapons. Makes me want to investigate the other weapons now too!

will be starting a way of the strong run after the DLC is done.

Bought this game yesterday, loving what I've played, as the quickness of Bloodborne vibe which I adore, not far in yet still in the Isle of Demons area.
Went with a spear and double swords plus choose the Isonade Guardian Spirit as I like being able to see enemies on the map.
Are there any beginner hints or guidance as it does seem a tad overbearing to start.
Hoping to unlock the backstab skill once I finish the Demons area. Anything else which is essential to unbreak, or skills to build up - looking to push into the Body, Heart, Stamina, Strength just to get a half decent half and weight for equipment before deciding on what style of player I will be.

Do you understand ki pulse yet? 

Basically after every attack/set of attacks, on your stamina bar you will see a white bar rise in the red section of it. If you press R1 during this point you will "ki pulse" and you stamina will build from that point as opposed to the very base of the red. 

ki pulses get pretty essential later on in order to maintain ki in busy fights

One important skill to buy early on is "ki pulse on dodge" which will allow you to dodge and and still gain ki from where the white bar was when you dodged.

It's also possible to get a skill called something like "attack raise on perfect ki pulse" basically if you hit R1 just as the white bar reaches the top of the red you'll get an attack boost on your next attack.

Later on it's also possible to get skills like "ki pulse on stance switch" and ki "flux" which actually gives you stamina back. 

There is tonnes to learn but the game is MASSIVE so you've got a lot of time to do it.

Keep us updated with how you get on as the thread is a goldmine for info for the vastness of the game.

No mashy dodging in this level otherwise you'll be in the drink! ;)

I loved this level personally, you have to be super cautious. Also makes you think about needing to block attacks rather than risking dodging

i'm finding this quite hard now as I appear to have hit a brick wall. Other than a few bosses causing difficulty I've cruised up to the Sekigahra region, but now I'm way below what the game tells me is the recommended level. It says I should be Lvl 111 for Source of Evil, but I'm only Lvl 80, and when I do go into even the standard enemies take a good beating before going down & they hit a lot harder.

I've been doing all the side missions that pop up (not the Twilight stuff) so I'm not really sure where else I can level up at, without having to repeat earlier levels. When I see any videos on YouTube those guys are over Lvl 300 to 400!!! Has anyone any good tips on how to build up my attack power? I have pretty much zero defense as I'm rocking the Iga Ninja costume & its super light with a sword & Kusarigama.

4 hours ago, Mr Cochese said:

The banshee boardwalk level with all the holed, poorly lit decking is a fucking abomination.

The banshee boardwalk level sorts the men from the boys. Just completed it on Way of the Strong, got such a great atmosphere.

14 hours ago, sexton_hardcastle said:

i'm finding this quite hard now as I appear to have hit a brick wall. Other than a few bosses causing difficulty I've cruised up to the Sekigahra region, but now I'm way below what the game tells me is the recommended level. It says I should be Lvl 111 for Source of Evil, but I'm only Lvl 80, and when I do go into even the standard enemies take a good beating before going down & they hit a lot harder.

I've been doing all the side missions that pop up (not the Twilight stuff) so I'm not really sure where else I can level up at, without having to repeat earlier levels. When I see any videos on YouTube those guys are over Lvl 300 to 400!!! Has anyone any good tips on how to build up my attack power? I have pretty much zero defense as I'm rocking the Iga Ninja costume & its super light with a sword & Kusarigama.

The Ninja stuff is why you'll be getting hit so hard, for a start.

I never finished the game at recommended levels. It'd be a walk in the park if you did buff yourself up enough for that.

Yeah, I sucked it up & did a respec so I didn't have any wasted levels. Upgraded my armour to a higher DEF Red Demon set (not as cool as being a ninja, and I look like every single Revenant now) but it did just enough to give me that extra bit of bite & managed to force my way through the next few missions. 

Still tough, but back to being enjoyable again!!

I've been playing through Way of the Strong in preparation for getting the DLC. Bloody hell. Not only do the enemies pack more of a punch but the ambush set-ups you face change dramatically too. For example in that Kinki region infamous side mission:

Spoiler

the battle on the bridge one - you not only face killer axe muscle guy but he's accompanied by a powered up tengu right off the bat...

Don't know if I'll continue tbh, it's punishing. Looking forward to chilling out a bit with the new story missions in Dragon of the North.

The Hundred Eyes can eat a bag of dicks. Every single time I get him down to the last remaining bits of health I just get hit by an onslaught of heat-seeking lasers & red spikes, which leave you immobile for a few seconds, allowing you to be hit with more lasers!! Theres no strategy for that, its just a shite boss.

On 5/16/2017 at 21:21, Let us measure said:

I've been playing through Way of the Strong in preparation for getting the DLC. Bloody hell. Not only do the enemies pack more of a punch but the ambush set-ups you face change dramatically too. For example in that Kinki region infamous side mission:

Reveal hidden contents

the battle on the bridge one - you not only face killer axe muscle guy but he's accompanied by a powered up tengu right off the bat...

Don't know if I'll continue tbh, it's punishing. Looking forward to chilling out a bit with the new story missions in Dragon of the North.

You know that Dragon of the North is out already, right?

I've started on Way of the Strong and was also caught out by differences in enemy layout. Good to see it's not just all the same but harder.

I also noticed some changes in boss move sets too, which is cool.

I've been playing this game for like 150 hours now and I'm still finding things out!

I found out this morning that you can use divine fragments for re-forging. I got super addicted to using them to get even more crazy buffs on weapons/armour.

Also realised that certain Yokai, once you blow their stamina type bar, completely smashes their poise. Poise isn't a visible stat in this game but it's possible to wail on certain enemies AND bosses when you blow their stamina bar without fear of of being hit.

Lastly playing the white tiger boss I realised you could hit him with a kunai as he goes to do his laser attack and it completely halts it!! Proper Ninja Scroll...

"It seems to me, that your body can't be as hard as a rock all over now can it"

Ninja-Scroll_thumb[2].png

5 hours ago, Goemon said:

Ahh I also wanted to point out...

Anyone who loved the Lady Maria fight in BB...You're in for a real treat in the DotN DLC :)

Spoiler

Had that fight ruined for me by Youtube suggestions dammit! Quite an obvious (although cool) homage.

Realise DotN is out already - just waiting on payday! ^_^

It's a great DLC IMO. 

3 main missions and 4 side missions from what I remember. I haven't done the final side missions yet. 

I personally thought the boss fights were all exceptional.

I'm totally in love with the spear now too. The mid stance, heavy attack is a gdlk poke!! 

Add to that the fact it has an exotic (purple) level buff specifically for pierce/break damage and I've got myself a deadly weapon.  

• 2 weeks later...

Dragon of The North completed, Way of the Strong completed and Platinum Get!

Had a quick venture into Way of the Demon and it's another step up again. Enemies and bosses loaded with buffs and an unlock of the 150 level cap.

This game is in my top games of all time for sure, I freakin love it.

On 5/29/2017 at 17:58, Goemon said:

I was level 175 by the end, so WAY below the suggested level but TBH as long as you have decent weapons and you know the boss patterns you can get through okay.

Good stuff, I'm level 145 at the moment.

And also, back in the game! The season pass is on offer for £14 in the PSN sale so I snapped it up. Great to return to the game again after a while away, I had forgotten just how smooth and tight everything feels. The first Yokai Country level is brilliant, loads of secret areas to discover and some pleasant surprises with the new enemies.

Ha ha, not too sure how I feel about the Bloodborne homage in Dragon of the North being quite so... er, blatant. :lol: It certainly pales in comparison to the original. The boss fight before that though was fantastic, and came at the end of a level that was really fun to explore. Took me a good eight goes and lots of swearing so it did, despite being level 150.