rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Let us measure

Are you going to create a new character just for Bloodborne DLC?

Are you going to create a new character just for Bloodborne DLC?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As far as I'm concerned, Bloodborne 2 has just been announced and I'm well hype. The only problem I have is that this is my first experience of From DLC, and I have no idea whether:

a) to get started on a new character now in order to be ready for the fresh challenges that await,

b) to wait until DLC hits so I can start a new character and take advantage of the shiny new tricks, but possibly be at a disadvantage for DLC-level content, or

c) to use my NG+2 character, at the risk of it making The Old Hunters too easy

What are you going to do?

I have a character in waiting that I had been levelling for a little while. I originally created him as a "get through stuff I missed with my other characters" character, so after reaching GTFH I did the UCW bits and I took him into chalice dungeons, but his secondary purpose is to have someone ready for DLC, as opposed to someone at the beginning of NG+

EDIT: it's the third character I've created, having already made a "finish the actual game" character first and then a "see if a Bloodtinge build actually works" character...

I hadn't really played it for months until earlier today and my NG+ is about three bosses in. I think I might try and do it on that run since starting a new character will probably be to mess around with arcane and/or bloodtinge which I haven't really touched as yet. I'm guessing I'd probably be better off doing the DLC with a more vanilla sort of character the first time.

If you've already played through the game (as with any other souls game) you can get through it REALLY quickly. Bits that took you hours will take minutes.

I did all the trophies on one character so I'm now level 222, NG+5 so I don't want to use him to try the DLC for the first time. But I also don't want to use anyone else to visit new places :(

I feel a bit bad as I kinda lost interest in Bloodborne before finishing it properly. I mean, I didnt even fight the proper last two bosses! My first character got about 60% through NG+, and I had about 3 or 4 other 'builds' on the go, but got a bit bored as the playstyles are all so similar.

I'll be making a new man for the DLC though, and wipe my other saves. I'll try and have more of a go of it this time and get through the Chalice dungeons as well.

I'm going to make a Crabhands Jr, the same design ish as my first guy but younger and female and then aim for the build I ended up using without all the superfluous stuff I tried along the way.

I'm close to finishing NG++ at the moment, so might use a NG+++ run for the DLC.

Or start a new one. Haven't decided yet. I've already done the Arcane build, so I might go for a Bloodtinge build or a Beast Roar/Beast Claws/Beast Blood Pellets one next.

Having Arcane maxed and a decent Bloodtinge level at this point, I might use that character as it will no doubt have some use for the new weapons and skills in the DLC. Which look fucking awesome.

Here's the current progress of the character I kept on playthrough one in case of DLC :) I'd like to get those top three stats to 50 sometime but levelling takes a while on playthrough one...

l0Dl8k5.jpg

EDIT: before everyone says that this is stupidly overlevelled and that the DLC will be a pushover - this is the character I take into chalice dungeons and I still get ruined by the enemies there... :blush:

I'm close to finishing NG++ at the moment, so might use a NG+++ run for the DLC.

Or start a new one. Haven't decided yet. I've already done the Arcane build, so I might go for a Bloodtinge build or a Beast Roar/Beast Claws/Beast Blood Pellets one next.

Having Arcane maxed and a decent Bloodtinge level at this point, I might use that character as it will no doubt have some use for the new weapons and skills in the DLC. Which look fucking awesome.

The second character I created was a Bloodtinge build, although it was on playthrough 1. My endgame stats were something like 12 Strength, 10 skill and 43 Bloodtinge, so R-hand attack power was a joke throughout, but you still have to do a lot of R-hand fighting due to limited bullets (and limited vials when you're turning health into bullets), and the fact that it takes lots of levelling to even get your L-hand attack power to match your starting R-hand attack power.