Rogue Ops (Xbox vers.) 2/10

Dynasty Warriors 4: Xtreme Legends (PS2) 5/10

Arc: Twilight of the spirits (PS2) 4/10

Sword of Mana (GBA) 6/10

Trackmania (PC) 7/10

F-Zero Falcon Densetsu (GBA) 5/10

Magatama (Xbox) 4/10

Donkey Konga (GC) 6/10

I haven't had a chance to read the issue properly yet but it has the PSX on the cover and no sign of Ninja Gaiden...

R: Racing Evolution (GC vers.) 4/10

Gran Turismo 4 Prologue (PS2) 5/10

Yikes!

one of them's a christawful GT by numbers adding nothing at all to the genre and the other is cynically charging money for a demo, knowing that the fanboy masses will buy pretty much anything they release. I see no problem with giving them bad scores.

Hi,

many people seem to dislike Rogue Ops, why. I think it's more fun(!) then Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid 2 (combined!). Oh sure, it's not a better then the ones I just mentioned but why treat Rogue Ops so very harsh.

And GT4 Prologue, why bothering reviewing a Japanse retail demo. The only thing the review now does is badmouthing the full game in my opinion. I can imagine PS2 haters on fora 'haha, gt4 sucks. see, egde gave it a 5. lolwtfomg'. *sigh*

I have it, and it's very easy (although I'm a drummer), and the visuals are very limited. great fun though.

Yeah I've got it too, and I dont' consider some of the expert tracks to be easy! And I thought having any drumming skill made it harder, what with getting a "good" involving hitting the drum a mite too early.

I guess they'll have marked it down on

a. shit music selection

b. shit animation

a is something I would mark it down on, b I couldn't care less.

But if you have a natural rhythm, you don't get "good"s, you get "ok"s. That to me is bad. I suppose I would give it 7 or 8, depending on my mood at the time. Lots of fun though in general.

Hi,

Donkey Konga is great fun (ask Cyhwuhx). The visual presentation is horrible (while drumming lo-res artwork of Donkey Kong on SNES scrolls horizontaly on the background, dancing characters on screen - Diddy and some elephant - move witth 3 or 4 frames etc.) but the actual gameplay is simplistic but fun to do. And of course, when 80% of the music is Japanese animethemes, commercialthemes and televisionthemes you can and may not expect that the European press shouts 'wow, this is great!'.

Yeah I've got it too, and I dont' consider some of the expert tracks to be easy! And I thought having any drumming skill made it harder, what with getting a "good" involving hitting the drum a mite too early.

I guess they'll have marked it down on

a. shit music selection

b. shit animation

a is something I would mark it down on, b I couldn't care less.

But if you have a natural rhythm, you don't get "good"s, you get "ok"s. That to me is bad. I suppose I would give it 7 or 8, depending on my mood at the time. Lots of fun though in general.

yeah I noticed the delay. which is probably what they marked it down for. I can adjust for it though. I find even the hardest expert tracks very easy, but it's still fun and most of my friends find no such ease with it.

Why would a magazine that prides itself on innovation rate 1080 higher than Donkey Konga? Oh well, I just find it odd that 1080 did so well, especially as the structure is almost identical to Mario Kart's which they made out was a lazy rehash.

I'm glad to see Astro Boy did well. :huh: I hope the 3D PS2 version turns out decent too.

What articles are in this issue?

Why would a magazine that prides itself on innovation rate 1080 higher than Donkey Konga?

Hmm... I wouldn't say that. I've yet to play 1080 Avalanche, but, to anyone who has played Taiko no Tatsujin, Donkey Konga is much too similar to the latter --even if both games were made by the same developer. (And slightly worse as well, but that's another matter...)

Why would a magazine that prides itself on innovation rate 1080 higher than Donkey Konga? Oh well, I just find it odd that 1080 did so well, especially as the structure is almost identical to Mario Kart's which they made out was a lazy rehash.

what's so innovative about a game that's essentially Taiko no Tatsujin with shit songs and monkeys?