RPL Town - Season 32

Yeah it's difficult to say really. Hard to know whether we were really at fault or if Rovers just stopped us playing.

We were completely dominated in the air and were pressured when it was on the ground but we were at fault from loitering on the ball a few times too.

I probably won't be around until Sunday evening at the earliest, I'd like us to stick with a formation and play simple football before chopping and changing things.

Aye, we were poor. I personally was terrible, apologies. Couldn't pass to a guy 3 yards ahead of me, and Rovers put a lot of pressure on the ball carrier at all times which meant the AI defenders I wanted to just hoof it, but as smith said we won nowt in the air, even Altidore. I think we just struggled for passing options in the middle and final thirds and it was too definitely too laboured, no quick passing to speak of really. Can't think of any one-touch passing which Rovers did effectively.

Looking for positives, we were stuck with AI defenders (you were right Graham btw, you should've gone CB as the AI guys won no headers all game) so that'll improve with a full human backline. We missed the collosal presence of Buchy in midfield I think. And, as bad as we played, the scoreline was pretty unjust in game one (Rovers scoring with every shot on target they had, including two 30-yarders). Plus there the penalty in game two, if that'd gone in who knows.

Any thoughts on formations/personnel Graham? We can still change our Pro's as the Cup didn't help. Smith did you feel better as Beasley? Might be just a bad night but felt you were more effective as him than Green last night.

I'll be on at the weekend if anyone else can be.

Yeah it's difficult to say really. Hard to know whether we were really at fault or if Rovers just stopped us playing.

We were completely dominated in the air and were pressured when it was on the ground but we were at fault from loitering on the ball a few times too.

I probably won't be around until Sunday evening at the earliest, I'd like us to stick with a formation and play simple football before chopping and changing things.

Agreed that we need to find a formation that suits us ASAP, but now is the best time to experiment as nothing is set in stone until the first league game.

We'll try some personnel changes and formation changes before next week.

Smith did you feel better as Beasley? Might be just a bad night but felt you were more effective as him than Green last night.

Unsure really. Green is identical except for weight, but that difference didn't impact attributes, so effectively they are the same.

But, placebo or not, I was definitely far more involved and running the right back ragged when I was Beasley. The only other difference last night was that I changed my guy to ST so that will have impacted his stats.

I reckon it was all a ruse from Mackenie. Telling people the centre of the pitch was the right way to go and as soon as we went that way, we lost the dominance we had from previous games. He's pretty much Rovers' mole.

Sorry about missing yesterday guys got held up in emergency theatre anyway I will be around sat for some practice games if anyone is around

Don't worry about it mate. Hope everything is okay.

We missed you in the middle of the park, so it'll be good to have you back for next week!