IGNORED

Thermapen 3 for £36 delivered

vanronk

Just a headsup that the so called "Ferrari" of instant read thermometers is available cheap (£36) on amazon (there's a roughly similar MK4 version out hence the price).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002657DW0/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002BIATM8&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=17ZMJKWQW98GHRG5Y1RX

Reviews on the stunning amazingribs http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment_reviews_ratings/thermometer-reviews-and-ratings

I've grabbed one as I need to upgrade from the two thermometers I have, they are good for slow cooking on BBQs as they have cable probes but I've been doing some wok deep frying/quick cooking and the 5-10 seconds read time and the slightly sluggish reaction time to changes isn't quick enough really. Hoping this is a big improvement.

They've been that price for ages, even dropped to £30 for a bit the other month:

Date Price
Aug 26, 2015 05:14 PM £36.00
Aug 14, 2015 05:08 PM £30.00
Feb 07, 2015 03:14 PM £36.00

If you do want something cheaper but still very good, the ThermoPop one the same company sell on there are £20.99

They've been that price for ages, even dropped to £30 for a bit the other month:

Date Price

Aug 26, 2015 05:14 PM £36.00

Aug 14, 2015 05:08 PM £30.00

Feb 07, 2015 03:14 PM £36.00

If you do want something cheaper but still very good, the ThermoPop one the same company sell on there are £20.99

ok.. sorry? We should have a weekly prize for "most rllmuk post"

ok.. sorry? We should have a weekly prize for "most rllmuk post"

What. I was just saying that's the price it's generally been for the last 14 months rather than something that's happened in reaction to the new one coming out, people might want to hang on and see if it hits £30 again. I actually thought you meant they were selling a pack of 3 for £36 at first, now that would've been a good deal :)

Yeah I just thought people might be interested because I was interested. It's very rllmuk because you did the pedant thing instantly and then actually bothered to copy and paste a price timeline as if the point of this was that whether it is substantially cheap enough for you to deem it a good deal, and for me to be allowed to be excited at the fact that this thing I always thought "nah, you know what i'll give it a miss it's a bit pricy" was now a bit cheaper as opposed to the fact that's it's quite a good deal and people might be interested in this and may not have heard of this device before.

How do you get the price data?

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

Yeah I just thought people might be interested because I was interested. It's very rllmuk because you did the pedant thing instantly

Fucking hell, it's just the usual price and has been cheaper and there's an even cheaper decent alternative people might be interested in if they still think that's a bit much for a (really good) food thermometer. That's it, sorry for mentioning it eh? You deciding to be a bit of a dick about it all for some ramblingly nebulous reason, now that's classic rllmuk.

Yeah I just thought people might be interested because I was interested. It's very rllmuk because you did the pedant thing instantly and then actually bothered to copy and paste a price timeline as if the point of this was that whether it is substantially cheap enough for you to deem it a good deal, and for me to be allowed to be excited at the fact that this thing I always thought "nah, you know what i'll give it a miss it's a bit pricy" was now a bit cheaper as opposed to the fact that's it's quite a good deal and people might be interested in this and may not have heard of this device before.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

:lol::wacko:

Fucking hell, it's just the usual price and has been cheaper and there's an even cheaper decent alternative people might be interested in if they still think that's a bit much for a (really good) food thermometer. That's it, sorry for mentioning it eh? You deciding to be a bit of a dick about it all for some ramblingly nebulous reason, now that's classic rllmuk.

Yes, you were acting in good faith and not at all weirdly with your robotic response that involved you going to another site to checkup on the price. Yes, that's normal.

It's just a shame that even in food and drink people can't just be chill and not automaton it out over everything. It's not the "usual" price is it (look at the rest of the price history) because for a long time, most of the products life, they were considerably more expensive, you just setup an arbitrary threshold (does not compute) for when it's allowed to be called a deal. How long does something have to be on sale before you can no longer mention it?

The robot james approach to the internet.