rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Bennette98

Rocket League Tournament - Team E Wins!

As per title. Another tournament

Need to see how many people are interested first, but will probably lower it to 2v2 as it was a pain to get 6 people on at once

Could people post there PSN name when signing up please.

If someone would be willing to give me a hand organising this that would be great.

In - Username (PSN)
1. Bennette98 (EB9CCFC)
2. P1nseeker (p1nseek3r_)
3. Timmo (Pangram)
4. Lyrical Donut (Lyrical_Donut)
5. John0 (SlimmJD)
6. MW_Jimmy (MW_Jimmyy)
7. Petey (PeteyPenDrive)
8. graemandius (graemandius)
9. JDubYes (JDubYes)
10. Jamin (JaminTastic)
11. tcharliel (tcharliel)
12. Parrapatheslapper (colbaker27)
13. BiGBaZ96 (BiG_BaZ_96)

14. SaintM (SaintMB)

15. Theholyhogg (Theholyhogg)

Team A

MW_Jimmy

Jamin

BiGBaZ96

Team B

Bennette98

Lyrical Donut

Graemandius

Team C

Theholyhogg

JDubYes

Timmo

Team D

SaintM

PeteyPenDrive

P1nseeker

Team E

Parrapatheslapper

John0

tCharliel

9PM

Team A vs Team B

2-5 1-5

Team C vs Team D

4-1 5-1

Team E - No Game

9:15PM (or nearest to)

Team A vs Team E

W-L L-W

Team B vs Team C

1-5 2-5

Team D - No Game

9:30PM (or nearest to)

Team A vs Team D

3-5 1-6

Team B vs Team E

1-5 3-2

Team C - No Game

9:45PM (or nearest to)

Team A vs Team C

1-6 L-W

Team D vs Team E

0-2 1-3

Team B - No Game

10PM (or nearest to)

Team B vs Team D

1-4 3-0

Team C vs Team E

0-5 0-5

Team A - No Game

• Upvote 2

Yes please, psn id is gospvg. Organising should be easy if it is simple setup of 2v2 knockout style.

Aye, I'll play.

The last tournament almost failed as it was too loose. Make this a set night and time before you acccept any signups. It'll be 10000% easier.

If you have time sort the players into two pots. Could be as simple as total time spent on the game (found in the extras menu).

• Upvote 1

Make this a set night and time

This works very well it is how I organise the UGVM tournaments.

Aye, I'll play.

The last tournament almost failed as it was too loose. Make this a set night and time before you acccept any signups. It'll be 10000% easier.

If you have time sort the players into two pots. Could be as simple as total time spent on the game (found in the extras menu).

I was thinking of doing a 1 or 2 week deadline to get the games played and if they weren't played mark them as a 0-0 draw or random.org for a winner. I think if it were to be 2v2 it would be less of a problem anyway as it is clearly too hard to organise a 3v3 but 4 people would be a hell of a lot easier.

I agree about the pot idea, even with just the hours played. But how many hours should it be for one pot and how many for the other?

I.e pot 1 is 50+ hours played, pot 2 is less than 50 hours played (obvs i won't use them figures)

Edit- if it were to be a set night, what night would it be, though?

If you are doing pots I would say +15 hours for pot 1 & less for pot 2.

Two weeks to play games is way too long, the tournament will drag on for months.

If we restrict to one night make a poll and the winning day wins maybe?

Edit- if it were to be a set night, what night would it be, though?

It's entirely up to you. Pick a night you know you can play on. Better in the week than at the weekend though.

Lots won't be able to play but it doesn't matter - if you want an easy to run, successful tournament you can't keep everyone who might want to enter happy. You can also make it 3v3 if you want. It's the only reason the FIFA BAP league works.

It's entirely up to you. Pick a night you know you can play on. Better in the week than at the weekend though.

Lots won't be able to play but it doesn't matter - if you want an easy to run, successful tournament you can't keep everyone who might want to enter happy. You can also make it 3v3 if you want. It's the only reason the FIFA BAP league works.

Yeah agree with this. Could even have a quick poll running for a few days with the nights of the week to try and assess what's the best night for the majority? If there's a Fifa night, for example, we probably want to steer clear of that (stating the obvious! :)).

Oh and, I'm in, obviously.

Edit: Also I would prefer 3v3 to 2v2. It's just more fun, really.

• Upvote 1

Or if we are doing 2v2 we could all post our ranking score for 2v2 and sort it that way??

Some people play it more than others though so it wouldn't be accurate.

If you are doing pots I would say +15 hours for pot 1 & less for pot 2.

I'd have thought that the only people entering this tournament would have only been people who still play, so maybe this number would need to be higher? As most people entering would have probably played more than 15 hours (180 5 minute games)

----------------------------

The other thing is, if we do a set night and a person from someones team can't make it, what happens? Do they still play but a bot takes his place? Does someone sub in? or does the game just not happen?

John0 and Lyrical Donut, what are your PSN IDs?

On the tournament I run if a player drops out then a bot is replaced if no reserve can fill the slot.

Ok, ok, I'm so excited. Bennette please, please, please, we must do these 2. Must, no exceptions:

1. Fixed night and time.

Absolutely essential for this to work. Whatever is decided stays, RL night is Monday 9-11 or whatever. Anyone taking part will only have to commit to that time, nothing more. And if they can't make the first or second part or this week but not next fine (I'll get to that later).

2. No more than 2 sessions for a tournament.

Get them done and dusted. 2 sessions is more than enough to do a full tournament.

Theses things I would highly recommend but aren't essential:

3. Seeding

We should use some kind of seeding. Doesn't matter what, it just has to be there. 3 pots with a random draw maybe?

4. Format

We should use a double elim format with best of 3s with the final possibly bo5 depending on time. I'm not against group stages but double elim means that everyone has a 2nd chance and stays involved much later into the event and the event moves more quickly. I can put some examples up later but as a guide, 8 teams take part in 3v3. First round is random draw. Winners go into winners bracket, losers into losers bracket.

EDIT: here's a visual of what I mean with sessions split and where people get eliminated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16S55S55BnAAYNZmrvSHovv_HbaRBsPjc1IOa6X3tqkw/edit?usp=sharing

The format can easily be modified based on the number of teams.

5. Dropouts etc. If people can't make round 1 or 2 then a) that's really bad planning/unfortunate b) a sub can be used or the team can play 2v3 with a low level bot or forfeit. Hopefully the system will mean that people will be unlikely to not turn up for round 1. From there on, subs who are no longer in the tournament can be used as replacements but the team is 1-0 down when they start.

• Upvote 2

No problem with that, and we are already looking at doing it on a set night

Do you mean like have 2 mondays where we play the tourney from 9-11 to get everything played?

Again i agree, it has been previously mentioned that we put people into a categoric pot based on ability/time played

Personally, i think a group stage would be better/simpler. If others think that this is a good idea i will add it to the poll

Agree with this, think the 1-0 handicap is a good idea as punishment

Btw, i'm not available on Mondays and its currently the day that has most votes :lol:

Yes please. 100% agree it needs to be a set day and time, and let everybody know this BEFORE the deadline for entries so that people can pull out if they know they can't make it. :)

In regardless. PSN: MW_Jimmyy

No problem with that, and we are already looking at doing it on a set night

Do you mean like have 2 mondays where we play the tourney from 9-11 to get everything played?

Again i agree, it has been previously mentioned that we put people into a categoric pot based on ability/time played

Personally, i think a group stage would be better/simpler. If others think that this is a good idea i will add it to the poll

Agree with this, think the 1-0 handicap is a good idea as punishment

Btw, i'm not available on Mondays and its currently the day that has most votes :lol:

2. Yeah 2 consecutive Mondays.

4. The problem with a group stage is dead rubbers. In a 3 team group 1 team is likely to only get one real game and it gets worse with more teams in each group. Double elim has no dead rubbers.