IGNORED

The Last gen club

Oh Danny Boy

Just got Call Of Duty 2, Lost Planet 2, Spec Ops The Line and Xcom for £15. Mental.

You won't be laughing so much once you start playing Lost Planet 2! My best haul was Halo: CE Anniversary, Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition and BlazBlue for £10.50... immediately resold the latter two for £10.92 :)

Generally ebay or scouring the odd web site when they're selling stuff off cheap, it's not like I'm in any rush so keep an eye out for anything I've wanted and put in I want to pay until I get a copy for what I want to pay. Had to pay a bit more for slightly harder to get hold of games, but it's worked well-ish. Also picked up a fair few from online sales, Games with Gold on when on a free month of Gold (three of those per console) and so on. These are the boxed retail games (or digital equvalent of) I've picked up in the last couple of years, works out at under a fiver a game on average, stuff bought with PSN credit is cheaper than it looks due to picking up £25 cards for £18 or £19 as well.

vdg2sSf.png

I'm very slowly getting towards actually playing them!

I still haven't got around to getting a PS3. I got a new PC a couple of months ago so that's an every-gen machine. I feel as though maybe I should have got a better graphics card though. It's definitely better than a 360 but maybe not as good as this new gen, but, having not played on one of the new consoles and only looked at screenshots, I'm not sure.

I have been thinking about hooking my 360 back up to replay fable 2 and maybe something else, but, mine makes a horrible awful sound because it's a bit fucked. It functions, but it's a bit fucked. If I had a shiny tiny 360 I would probably have used it more over the last couple of years. Did they ever get around to releasing that redesigned 360 that looks a bit like a one over here, or was that US only?

GameCube is already reaching silly prices (good luck getting Luigi's Mansion for under £15) but the games still hold up incredibly well.

GameCube prices being expensive for rare or in demand games is not a new thing, they've always been pricey since Nintendo moved onto the Wii.

It's always seemed to be a collectable console. Also, £15 is not that much in the grand scheme of things!

I have my 360 and PS3 hooked up but I haven't played them in months.

For most of this year its been a cavalcade of great remasters which perform so much nicer (Borderlands Destiny, Handsome Collection, Telltale, LoU, DS2 SF4, Halo MCC etc) that I just prefer playing them on the newer machines especially as most of my gaming chums have also jumped ship to newer consoles and I'd prefer to go where my friends are so I can play with them. Add to that the library Gold and PS+ have contributed and I'm pile of shamed into oblivion at the moment.

Initially as the catalogue of the next gen machines weren't stellar I was playing last gen more but the tide has turned but I won't ever get rid of them though.

Actually worth mentioning, the PS3 is still my main 'big telly' media machine so blu-rays streamign etc is mostly done from that still.

GameCube prices being expensive for rare or in demand games is not a new thing, they've always been pricey since Nintendo moved onto the Wii.

It's always seemed to be a collectable console. Also, £15 is not that much in the grand scheme of things!

They've jumped up ridiculously in the past year. I know because I've been sadly charting these things.

£15 is expensive when you've been buying Xbox games for 50 pence :P

In other news I just picked up Forza Horizon, Devil May Cry HD Collection and Dante's Inferno for £20. It's a sickness.

They've jumped up ridiculously in the past year. I know because I've been sadly charting these things.

£15 is expensive when you've been buying Xbox games for 50 pence :P

In other news I just picked up Forza Horizon, Devil May Cry HD Collection and Dante's Inferno for £20. It's a sickness.

Could well have been game of the generation for me. Get it for free and didn't expect to like it, but loved it. Might fire it up tonight...