Ni No Kuni 2 - Revenant Kingdom (PC/PS4)

gospvg

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, VN1X said:

Can't find the thread for the first game for this? Anyway I'm installing this now on my PS3 and got tea and my collectors edition hardcover guide at the ready! 

Dude ur in for a treat 

I wish I could forget I played this just to go through it all again 

6 hours ago, VN1X said:

Can't find the thread for the first game for this? Anyway I'm installing this now on my PS3 and got tea and my collectors edition hardcover guide at the ready! 

It's a bit difficult at the start but stick with it, such a brilliant game can't wait for the sequel.

8 hours ago, VN1X said:

I envy you getting to start this from scratch. Stick with it after the early tough bits, it is such an amazing game. Still need to go back and finish some trophies for the Platinum. Will be the only one I have, but I want to get it!

• 5 months later...

Capwn recent topic made me go and search for any more news on this beauty.

Found an IGN Japan interview with level 5 owner Hino.

IGN JAPAN: How’s development for Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdomcoming along? 

HINO: We’re making it with all our might. The scale has gotten huge, and I think the title that has impacted the most Level-5 staff is Ni no Kuni II. 

IGN JAPAN: The previous entry was a game parents could play with their children. What about this one?

HINO: This one is turning out to be a regular single player [game]. Reflecting on the previous one, the portrayal of the main character and the content was very much aimed at adults, but the visuals ended up looking a little like they were for children. 

Because it seemed it was aiming too much at kids, and even though the hero is also a young boy this time, we’ve been careful in establishing this something adults can totally played by adults. As for the universe we’re creating, it’s like a Ghibli anime in that is easy for both adults and children to enter.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Shoes said:

The design is lovely, but the voice acting is excruciating. Just like the first, then.

It's so frustrating. Looks like a wonderful Ghibli film but has the script of a Pokemon cartoon.  

Putting it on the original VO helps a lot. 

2 hours ago, Shoes said:

The design is lovely, but the voice acting is excruciating. Just like the first, then.

It's so frustrating. Looks like a wonderful Ghibli film but has the script of a Pokemon cartoon.  

Couldn't agree more. I'm a sucker for Ghibli stuff, but Ni no Kuni could be excruciatingly boring and hard as nails at times. The story progressed too slow to keep my interest, and I gave up when I reached some harbour town iirc.

Might go back to it at one point, but imo it never lived up to its expectations. Bit of a waste really as a Ghibli RPG should be the best thing ever.

Do we think there might be some sort of settlement building element to this? The trailer suggests maybe, to me.

One of my favourite things ever in videogames was building and customising Crescent Isle in Skies of Arcadia, if they can achieve something similar then I'll be incredibly happy.

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping for a PC remaster of the original, I haven't played it yet despite owning the Wizard edition. I sold that and bought then normal version. I have a PS3 and Ni No Kuni sitting unused somewhere in my house for the day I eventually have enough time to dedicate myself to it.