Ni No Kuni 2 - Revenant Kingdom (PC/PS4)

gospvg

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The art book is worth the price alone. Ok, it's not. I bet it is very pretty though, the art book that came with Ni No Kuni 1 is fantastic, it is a lovely wee guide as well that houses the sshort tories that are told in the game.

Huge Studio Ghibli fan, however I really didn't like Ni No Kuni. Found the story very bland and battle system easy and boring.

I'm liking the look of this, but I felt the same way before the original was released. So I am hesitant in picking this up.

17 hours ago, Zero9X said:

Huge Studio Ghibli fan, however I really didn't like Ni No Kuni. Found the story very bland and battle system easy and boring.

I'm liking the look of this, but I felt the same way before the original was released. So I am hesitant in picking this up.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see if they pull the same bait and switch as the first one- making it look like it had really high production values, but then the further you get in the game, you realise there's actually very little of that kind of stuff, like few voiced characters and cutscenes, just using text instead. It was all very much front-loaded.

You're right about the battle system too, very basic with surprisingly little depth. Even options like taunting to draw attention were very poorly fleshed out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...