Rez Infinite - Coming to PS4, VR support

Rev

Mm, it was hard to really see the new stuff from that trailer, but if the VR lets me be "in" Rez I might have to get one of those goofy headsets after all.

Couldn't see anything new there but I'm in. LOVE Rez!

NOW LOADING AREA X

At the end.

Mm, it was hard to really see the new stuff from that trailer, but if the VR lets me be "in" Rez I might have to get one of those goofy headsets after all.

The new stuff is right at the end with all the white orbs of light and then the quick garbled cut. Pretty sure they are saving a lot of the new footage for a reveal later.

Mark MacDonald said they've been working on this for the last two years. Oh, and that suit that Miz was wearing looked insane. Wish I was at PSX to give it a go in that because that is never getting released!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/05/rez-infinite-revealed-for-playstation-vr

Engaging all your senses was also the idea behind the original Trance, an optional peripheral we designed to plug into PS2 and pulse along to the beat of the music and sound effects in the original Rez. Since were now making the ultimate version of Rez with Rez Infinite, we thought, why not also make the ultimate version of the Trance Vibrator? And thus, the Synesthesia Suit was born.

This one you dont just need to see and hear, but also really need to feel for yourself. This is a special promotional item and there will only ever be one of these in the world. If youre one of the lucky few, you can try it at PlayStation Experience!

Much like Google Cardboard, I expect people to be making their own suits out of tin foil, L.E.D.s and PS4 controllers.

Not sure I want to try on the only Synesthesia Suit in the world by standing in line at a gaming show.

Gives me the heebie jeebies more than the luxe London boutique hotel that was advertising their erotic mini bar filled with sex toys. For some things it's best to avoid pre-owned.

just to add a bit of realism here, rez is brilliant, im in all the way, but VR + controller must be the way to play, because using move remotes as wants is horribly unresponsive. just be careful because we all thought child of eden + kinect was the future, but it wasnt, it was better on a pad.

just to add a bit of realism here, rez is brilliant, im in all the way, but VR + controller must be the way to play, because using move remotes as wants is horribly unresponsive. just be careful because we all thought child of eden + kinect was the future, but it wasnt, it was better on a pad.

Who on earth was "we all"? Anything Rez-ish is nice, but I really don't remember anyone saying "Really looking forward to flapping my arms around in this, it's the future".

Also, I don't have a clue why you think it wants you to use Move controllers, Mizuguchi was using a DS4. I doubt Move controllers are even supported.

But thanks for the realism!!!!!!!!!

people were excited by miziguchis kinect demos of CoE, but unfortunately the control over the game didnt live up to it. ill not bother correcting you about the move controllers if you havent read up on it.

Feel free to link us to the special move controller announcement that Mizuguchi, Jeff Gerstmann and every single other person who played it didn't use.

For the benefit of everyone else: The default controls are looking around and pressing (but not holding) X. The secondary controls are moving the left analogue and pressing X.

miziguchi is a big fan of experimenting and it will have move controls, just like CoE does on the ps3. no interest in arguing with you because you dont know your stuff, so we'll leave it

You're literally making stuff up. No announcement has been made about Move controls.

Also "he likes experimenting so he's going to do the same thing as last time" is magnificent angel logic.

On Neogaf, from someone who played it:

But no interest in arguing with you because you don't know your stuff.

the option will be there to use them, and i said i prefer to use a pad. but hey, feel free to argue against something i didnt say again.