January 2016 Games with Gold

Jg15

People are in for a treat getting the Ultimate Edition of KI season for free. It's genuinely brilliant.

I took a punt on Killer Instinct Combo Breaker Pack for a fiver and I was really pleasantly surprised. I've not played it much so I can't speak about the real depth of the game, but it feels really solid and well made. The combo system also means any idiot can pick it up without worrying about links and pull out impressive stuff without mashing. The Ultimate Edition is a great give away - hope loads of people give it a chance because I'm terrified to jump on online given how long the game has been out and wanna fight some other noobies like me.

I've been playing a LOT of KI over the last month. It's superb. I actually think I prefer it to Street Fighter 4. I get the feeling a lot of people instantly dismiss any fighter that doesn't have the iconic SF line up in it, but this one deserves a shot.

I never actually got past the first boss in Deus Ex (You know the one I mean). Having built a very stealthy light character he absolutely killed me time and again to the point I actually gave up.

In fact aren't all the bosses bad in this game? From memory I'm sure it was one of the negative aspects from reviewers.

I never actually got past the first boss in Deus Ex (You know the one I mean). Having built a very stealthy light character he absolutely killed me time and again to the point I actually gave up.

In fact aren't all the bosses bad in this game? From memory I'm sure it was one of the negative aspects from reviewers.

Yeah I know what you mean, I bought the Wii U version as it had fixed the bases so you could stealth them - don't know if that was patched into the other versions?

(my Wii U copy is still sealed...)