Broad City

• 3 months later...

I have slowly started on this (only just a few eps in) but there's a short sequence in S1 E3 where she goes to pick up a package for a neighbour and the 20 second story of her journey to the depot is perfect which is where it clicked for me. Garol was great.

On 08/08/2020 at 17:30, ZOK said:

You have an abundance of riches ahead of you, @DirkCrisis

I meant to do this before but I only started watching this because of you talking about it and I am so glad because it’s just wonderful. I love it. So thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Still eking this out. Onto S3 now. Recent things I've liked:

- The last episode of S2 where they go out in Saint Marks. Everything going on in the background is absolutely fascinating

- The episode where they're chasing the perfect party.

- S3E1 - The pre-title sequence where they're on their toilets is genius. Reminded me of the Aerosmith Run DMC "Walk this way" video.

- The Hilary Clinton episode was really conflicting for me. The pencils in the hair gag was great and the subtly savage attack on the over 30s believing they're still young was amazing. Props to Hilary for associating herself with that show given a lot of its content could be easily used against her, I guess. 

But yeah, so many things which are hilarious, weird and disgusting in equal measure. I love that it's a show where they're just fucking around to make each other laugh rather than the audience and got five seasons out of it.

It's brilliant.

On 19/04/2020 at 13:27, ZOK said:

So FINALLY I am catching up with season 4 & 5 of this, and it’s officially my favourite sitcom. There’s nothing better. And that’s my word.

I am currently rewatching S4 and I totally agree its amazing!

• 1 month later...

Onto S5 and the shift in how stories individually are told is driving towards an ending which is probably the right thing to do but I don't want it to end.

Just watched "Shennanigans" (S5 E7 I think) and I loved the idea of them both trying to act like grown ups culminating with Abbi upside down in a ventilation shaft and Ilana sporting an "Adult Lady" T-Shirt at the end. I don't know why those two things worked for me but they were both amazing.