rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Theholyhogg

Any great monster capturing games?

I'm looking for some games that you can capture/obtain/unlock monsters and use them in a battle preferably a turn based game

So far I've played

Pokemon obviously

Digimon world 1-3

Jade cocoon 1-2

Shin megami tensei lucifer'scall (perfect)

Enchanted arms

Ff13-2

Dragon quest joker 1-2

Disgea 1-5(kinda counts)

Are there any others that I've missed out that I need to play I've got that itch that needs scratching so bad lol

Thanks

Persona? (3 or 4 especially, and it's SMT so it might be your bag)

EDIT: Demon Gaze (Vita) to an extent as well - each boss is a demon you defeat and capture so that you can take advantage of its abilities in the future; however, capturing isn't an integral part of regular battles like it is in Pokémon...

Ah played Ni No Kuni and persona I forgot lol gonna have a look at that yokai watch what platform is it on?

3DS but isn't out until 2016 in EU...not sure where you are?

Ahh I've seen that but the last time I watched it it was all Japanese but I love thw look of it it looks right up my street

Also watched digimon world 4 and that's looking beautiful

I just love games when the monsters evolve into better monsters

Just beautiful

Was going to say Ni No Kuni as I am playing that at the moment and loving it, but see you have played it. Not heard of Lucifer's Call, but having looked it up now, that could well be on it's way to my hard drive, so cheers for the heads up!

• Upvote 1

Was going to say Ni No Kuni as I am playing that at the moment and loving it, but see you have played it. Not heard of Lucifer's Call, but having looked it up now, that could well be on it's way to my hard drive, so cheers for the heads up!

God please get it I got an old 40g ps3 so I could play it again it's brilliant you can fuse monsters to get better ones and the dark story which I love with multiple endings depending on how evil or good you are I'd love to play another game like that there just seams to be no market for it anymore :(

Did you play the two DQMJ games on DS? There are more Dragon Quest Monsters games that didn't get western releases but have been fan translated. There's two Gameboy ones and a GBA one, then the two DS Joker ones, then more that are 3DS games so haven't been fan translated.

Edit: thinking about it, Dragon Quest V actually has a really good monster capturing sub game where you can basically play through with a party of Pokemon style monsters you caught instead of the regular characters. I feel like it's in another of the main series games as well...

God please get it I got an old 40g ps3 so I could play it again it's brilliant you can fuse monsters to get better ones and the dark story which I love with multiple endings depending on how evil or good you are I'd love to play another game like that there just seams to be no market for it anymore :(

The most heartfelt pitch I have heard in years. Consider it bought! Will wait to see if it turns up in the second set of sale titles, otherwise I'll pay the nice low price it already is!

• Upvote 1

The most heartfelt pitch I have heard in years. Consider it bought! Will wait to see if it turns up in the second set of sale titles, otherwise I'll pay the nice low price it already is!

Infact if you wanted to message me your address I'd happily post u my ps2 copy :) i want the world to play it it's just amazing game it really is. There's so much to do you need a few play throughs to get all the endings and the few special monsters at the end ahhh I wanna play it now lol 😂
  • Upvote 1

that could well be on it's way to my hard drive, so cheers for the heads up!

I just noticed that and thought is it on the Psn???

Hell yes it is I just bought it lol 😂 need a reason to start it again

Edit :I also just realised I bought another ps3 for no reason then if this was on the Psn lol 😂 😂 😂 I already had the newer ps3 but it didn't have ps2 compatibility so I got one that did lol 😂

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the offer, but as you now see it's on PSN! Reviews from places I trust are all positive too, so looking forward to this once I finish Ni No Zuni

U better hurry with Ni No Kuni cos it won't be long before the second is released that music tho... Wow

Will be a while yet I think, and I don't have a PS4 yet either. Am up to just before the final boss I think (am on Nazcaa) but want to do all the post game stuff as well. The music is immense :)

• Upvote 1

Spirit Hunters (DSi) and The Denpa Men 1/2/3 (3DS).

Also, possibly, Megaman Battle Network?

On 30/12/2015 at 4:30 PM, Theholyhogg said:

Ahh I've seen that but the last time I watched it it was all Japanese but I love thw look of it it looks right up my street
Also watched digimon world 4 and that's looking beautiful
I just love games when the monsters evolve into better monsters
Just beautiful

Demo is out in EU for Yo Kai Watch now. :wub:

"Pocket Mortys' on iOS is a Rick and Morty version of Pokemon. It's not too bad although I got a bit bored of it after an hour or so, other people seemed to enjoy it more though.

images.jpeg.a687eb829308461d0e4e4c592a0d

images-1.jpeg.4803ec0547fa566e282e06416f

I still have a copy of Ni No Kuni and a collectors edition hardcover strategy guide collecting dust here. :(

Should really give it a go asap!