rllmuk
Benny

Top Board Games Recommendations and Buyer's Guide

Dug out my HeroQuest and surprisingly most of it is still there. I am missing a few items (maybe some doors, the fireplace cardboard) and all the cards except for one treasure card.

Did anyone have the expansions?

I have...

HeroQuest "Kellar's Keep"

HeroQuest "Return of the Witch Lord"

What extras come with those? Was it extra figures and doors? I have these fold-able doors but i don't seem to have enough bases.

Going to continue having a look at what i am missing later but wonder if there is a place to buy cheap replaceable? Ebay?

Several of the figures have broken swords or whatever (which im sure can be fixed with a bit of glue) although im pretty sure some of the broken bits are missing.

edit: Okay after a bit of investigating, the return of the witch lord pack did come with figures.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Games-Workshop-Heroquest-Expansion-Return-of-The-Witch-Lord-Unpainted/153629062924?hash=item23c501770c:g:0mIAAOSwXF5dbmIG

• Upvote 1

Sounds like you have some work on our hands getting all that tidied up, @Darhkwing :/ Good luck.

I've played a few quests into the tutorial campaign (Road to Legend app) for Descent and I'm already in love.

I got the Zachareth Lieutenant figure as well at Christmas (last boss dude) so I couldn't resist getting the remaining five mini-bosses. I also included the last boss figure for the first expansion (Valyndra, a big dragon) in the order, which means I need to get that next. I don't know, I might just complete the entire collection of Lieutenants before moving onto the Hero and Monster collections, then finally the boxed expansions.

This is all well and good, but I literally have no one else to play with! :doh: 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Fallows said:

Sounds like you have some work on our hands getting all that tidied up, @Darhkwing :/ Good luck.

I've played a few quests into the tutorial campaign (Road to Legend app) for Descent and I'm already in love.

I got the Zachareth Lieutenant figure as well at Christmas (last boss dude) so I couldn't resist getting the remaining five mini-bosses. I also included the last boss figure for the first expansion (Valyndra, a big dragon) in the order, which means I need to get that next. I don't know, I might just complete the entire collection of Lieutenants before moving onto the Hero and Monster collections, then finally the boxed expansions.

This is all well and good, but I literally have no one else to play with! :doh: 

I've got the acquisition disorder with Imperial Assault. Bought most of the content for it but only played 1 full core box campaign. It's really difficult for my mates to meet consistently and there are more of us than max player count - will probably have to try some rotating character hack if we start another. At least I can try the app campaigns out solo :)

I also refuse to play expansions / figure packs unless fully painted which, combined with my glacial painting speed, does not help matters.

Maybe by the time my kids are old enough to play it'll be ready!

If you live in Belfast by any chance I'll play Descent with you :P

• Upvote 1

Thanks, but I'm in rural Holland. I've found a local-ish board game group but they all speak Dutch! As if some of these games weren't hard enough.

@Kzo I'm in Belfast a lot of the time - is there an obvious FLGS I'm missing? There seems to be one or two, but one is half knitting shop and about 150 miles from the centre of town through flaggier areas than I'm happy walking through. 

@Fallows Isn't this a good opportunity to learn Dutch? Even in rural Holland I'm sure you an meet halfway with the language, there aren't many people in Holland that don't speak at least a smattering of English. 

38 minutes ago, cavalcade said:

@Kzo I'm in Belfast a lot of the time - is there an obvious FLGS I'm missing? There seems to be one or two, but one is half knitting shop and about 150 miles from the centre of town through flaggier areas than I'm happy walking through. 

@Fallows Isn't this a good opportunity to learn Dutch? Even in rural Holland I'm sure you an meet halfway with the language, there aren't many people in Holland that don't speak at least a smattering of English. 

Not that I know of. Assume you're on about Robin's Hobby Cafe? Never been but aye it's a bit far out for me. Jack Straws is another one even further in the same direction.

I just play with mates in our houses, never been to a club or anything. If you're looking somewhere to play/find players, main things I'm aware of in that vein are Lisburn Gaming Club or Dragonslayers at QUB, which both seem pretty big. Vandal above Whites in town has a board games/general geek culture bar thing going on, will have to check it out sometime. 

Beasts of War are based in Coleraine and think they have a shop there. There's also a shop in Bangor. The only place in town I know of that sells games is Forbidden Planet but everything is at MSRP so not really worth your while. 

Yeah, I work for QUB, I just tend to work remotely, but I could see myself in Belfast a bit more this year. Good info, cheers.