rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
rubberducker

SOLO: A Star Wars Story

This must surely be the most pointless film ever, a film that no one really wanted or asked for. It's like Prometheus in how it will demystify something that doesn't need explanation and is perfect as-is. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AK Bell said:

Han Solo is basically the Fonz. Being all cool and shit, getting in bother with the authorities, women falling for him and him hitting stuff to make them work. 

han-solo-sw-bf-leak.jpg

And the circle is complete. We're back to American graffiti. Again.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Orko said:

This must surely be the most pointless film ever, a film that no one really wanted or asked for. It's like Prometheus in how it will demystify something that doesn't need explanation and is perfect as-is. 

Disney paid a lot of money for this marketing schema, and they’re damned if they’re not squeezing every last drop out of it.

On 18 October 2017 at 12:45, Shoes said:

Maybe a 240-minute domestic drama centered around Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen's moisture farm.

The Lars homestead was one of several moisture farms that made up the Great Chott salt flat community, located at the southern extreme of the Jundland Wastes on the Outer Rim desert planet, Tatooine. Located mostly underground and accessed through a pourstone entry dome, the homestead was a warren of interconnected rooms and vast storage areas. Being a moisture farm, there were multiple moisture vaporatorsscattered around the property, many of them decades old, capable of collecting water from Tatooine's dry air. Any water obtained was used either for consumption or to water the farm's marginally profitable hydroponic garden. The homestead was ringed by a rudimentary sensor perimeter of weather monitors and motion detectors, used to monitor weather conditions and detect incoming intruders, such as infamous Tusken Raiders. To conserve power from the property's supercharged bio-converter power generator and small fusion-cell generators, the compound was shut down after nightfall. The rooms making up the compound included a kitchen, dining room, refresher, storage room, power generator room, vehicle storage area, tech dome garage, and two living quarters. Several droids were used on the premises, including a WED 15 Treadwell repair droid and a several hundred year old EG-6 power droid.[3]

What a movie!

Strange Beru

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, b00dles said:

They should do a film about Mace Windu where he survives falling out the window and is disabled and sees his neighbours doing something nefarious for the sith and is convinced there's a murder happening.

No idea what you'd call it though.

Crap?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, b00dles said:

They should do a film about Mace Windu where he survives falling out the window and is disabled and sees his neighbours doing something nefarious for the sith and is convinced there's a murder happening.

Confessions of a Windu Cleaner

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, b00dles said:

Rear windup the Star Wars fans with months of more shit puns.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, jonamok said:

LOOS: A load of shit

Load of old shit as an acronym, surely?

And no, I won't stop calling you Shirley

• Upvote 1

Some artwork has apparently leaked from a Russian Ad Agency or something. Disney say it’s nothing to do with them but Lucasfilm have insisted that various sites take it down so it’s currently up in the air whether it’s legit or not. Interesting look to the Falcon if it is real...

Spoiler

D53148A6-AB56-4CD8-9280-179FCA708049.thumb.jpeg.0015186bd3d5ba782a1f57c9ea9bd92f.jpeg

This film is dead on arrival. It has to be really something special for me to see this.

Can’t wait! :)

EDIT: Just to elaborate a bit (because if I don't, somebody's bound to get all neggy about it for reasons inexplicable), we've had three Star Wars films since Disney took over now, and I've absolutely loved all three. I'm not alone either, although I do appreciate that other opinions are available. The Last Jedi was the best of the new films so far, but, like Rogue One, it was pretty downbeat for a Star Wars film, and I think I'm about ready for some out-and-out fun again. Ever since they first announced the young Han Solo spin-off, I've been really excited about it, and to think that it's barely five months away is the perfect tonic for the post-Christmas blues. That leaked picture above, if it's real, captures exactly what I've always felt the tone of the film should be, and I think it's safe to say the two lead actors are both brilliant choices, so everything's in place for the most purely enjoyable film in the whole franchise since 1977. And that's basically why I can't wait.

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, jerellis1 said:

Can’t wait! :)

EDIT: Just to elaborate a bit (because if I don't, somebody's bound to get all neggy about it for reasons inexplicable), we've had three Star Wars films since Disney took over now, and I've absolutely loved all three. I'm not alone either, although I do appreciate that other opinions are available. The Last Jedi was the best of the new films so far, but, like Rogue One, it was pretty downbeat for a Star Wars film, and I think I'm about ready for some out-and-out fun again. Ever since they first announced the young Han Solo spin-off, I've been really excited about it, and to think that it's barely five months away is the perfect tonic for the post-Christmas blues. That leaked picture above, if it's real, captures exactly what I've always felt the tone of the film should be, and I think it's safe to say the two lead actors are both brilliant choices, so everything's in place for the most purely enjoyable film in the whole franchise since 1977. And that's basically why I can't wait.

Totally agree. Bring it on!

• Upvote 1

Its bad when the only person who looks right here is Chewie. Love DonGlover but he looks more like DonGlover than Lando here too.

I don't think it's possible for a Star Wars film to bomb. There's enough of a solid fan base who will go see a new film regardless of the reviews to make a tidy profit.

I think the only question is whether it will cross the $1billion mark like Rogue One did or fall just short.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe this is coming in May still, 2 star was films in a 6 month period is just crazy. 

I really hope there will be a bit more to the story than how Han Solo got all his stuff. 

10 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

I thought it was out xmas...

Still listed as May 25th for the moment.

I saw something last week that made mention that Howard (re)shot a lot more footage than was first thought.

3 minutes ago, Hexx said:

6 months and no teaser/trailer is odd right?

For a film with this troubled history, probably not. We didn't get the Last Jedi teaser until Sept/Oct, right? Though I imagine they'd have liked to have a trailer ready for the Last Jedi.

Here's the extensive reshoot article - the source is Paul Bettany - I can also see what Newton is saying with her comments - but there's also nothing to say she won't be cut out the film either.

In July, news broke that 21 Jump Street directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller were leaving Solo: A Star Wars Story due to creative differences. Lord and Miller had already shot a huge chunk of the film when they exited the project, yet Disney and Lucasfilm brought in Ron Howard to handle extensive reshoots. Just how much of the final film will be Howard’s remains to be seen, but according to Solo co-star Paul Bettany, the director ended up reshooting a lot more than was originally planned. In an interview with Total Film, Bettany – who was cast to replace Michael K. Williams as part of the reshoot process – said that Howard’s work was so impressive that Disney and Lucasfilm gave him even more work to do:

“His staging ability is so fucking brilliant…I think he went in and he was like a laser, working out what needed to be done when he looked at the footage. And then, as things moved on, everybody felt so secure with him. And they gave him more. He reshot a lot more than was originally intended.”

There have been conflicting reports about just how much of the end product will belong to Howard, and whether or not any of Lord and Miller’s footage will remain. Bettany’s comment seems to confirm that most of the film will Howard’s work, but according to co-star Thandie Newton, a lot of Lord and Miller’s original scenes remain. The actress recently said, “[T]heir work is everywhere in it. Ninety percent of my stuff is with them.” We’ll probably get the full story on this whole endeavor some day, most likely after the film hits theaters in 2018.